Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:58 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Wait, I thought liberals were in love with Roosevelt and LBJ?
Neither of which were baby boomers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
boomers get blamed for alot of stuff. most of the shoes fit.
the exception is when u hit 30. son u can blame the old man for your first 30 years of hardship but now u gota man up move out of the house and go earn a living. dont tell me life is rough. they were saying that in 1929 and still made it. the life is not harder but the people are softer.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:08 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantHuman View Post
I have traveled all around the world, and I do not see any generation in the recent history of the world as privileged and powerful as the US baby boomer generation.

Every single time I have a meeting with a majority of this crowd, nothing is ever accomplished, selfishness is common and I regret ever attempting to do business with them. Sure there are some good apples here and there, but the problem is that the generation is so large, so spoiled, so greedy and so unproductive.

This generation as a beneficiary of the post WW2 economy was literally given EVERYTHING and has blown it all in the name of selfishness and immoral behavior. They promoted concepts like free love, LSD, cocaine, peace and now look back in middle to late age and don´t like what they´ve become.

Now everyone has to deal with their reformation with their new struggle to find new life themes. Born again Christianity, just say no, pointless wars against overhyped foreign adversaries and infomercials for worthless crap because they never learned to cook.

To top if off, this government, the baby boomer government is loading the youth of this country with debt and blaming others for it. If it´s not the youth, it´s the foreigners (especially the handful of foreign terrorists never-mind we have far more domestic incidents), if it´s not the foreigners it´s the illegal immigrants. At some point it will be African Americans again and other minority groups in some continuous game of tag.

The young generation born of the late 70´s to today have it so much harder to succeed. Baby boomers have excelled in outsourcing nearly every manufacturing labor job we have, and those that stayed are often given to illegal immigrants. You will find a lot of threads asking about jobs? When the simple answer is baby boomers cheapened them so much they left.

My best friend just changed his original fuel pump on his 68´mustang. It was heavy and a work of art built by some well payed union worker in Michigan. It lasted over 4 decades, while the lightweight replacement made in China lasted only 2 months. This result is brought to you by baby boomers. You know, "the free market" or in reality, the slave wage market they so heavily pushed. Anything to save the buck, so they can buy some cheap plastic crap sold on TV..also made in Asia.

I work in the computer and electronic hardware industry, so naturally my views are correlated to this. But technology such as this industry is the future of the world, this country can take part or outsource it at their peril. The way I see it, the only way this country moves forward if young people start having so many kids and/or we start letting in so many immigrants in that the baby boomer generation's strangle hold on just about all decisions is ended.
As a Baby Boomer, I am pleased at your discomfort. As I once said to my fellow Baby Boomers (at the famous meeting in Woodstock, 1969):

"I am death, the mighty destroyer of the world, out to destroy! Even without your participation all the generations nestled in your loins yet unborn shall cease to exist!

Therefore, get up and attain glory. Conquer your enemies and enjoy a prosperous kingdom. All these future generations have already been destroyed by Me. You are only an instrument!"

It was well received. Some objected to being called 'instruments'. I then called them sheeple. The name stuck.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
OP, your revisionist history is quite creative. Congratulations.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:25 PM

50 posts, read 38,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
boomers get blamed for alot of stuff. most of the shoes fit.
the exception is when u hit 30. son u can blame the old man for your first 30 years of hardship but now u gota man up move out of the house and go earn a living. dont tell me life is rough. they were saying that in 1929 and still made it. the life is not harder but the people are softer.
The millenials and Gen X that are having a tough time will hopefully save this country because they will have learned how to negotiate tough times.

The generation of the great depression went on to win WW2. Maybe history repeats itself

Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Neither of which were baby boomers.
You're too micro in your thinking....

Quit thinking for yourself and let the macro thinkers do the heavy lifting.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 PM

50 posts, read 38,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
As a Baby Boomer, I am pleased at your discomfort. As I once said to my fellow Baby Boomers (at the famous meeting in Woodstock, 1969):

"I am death, the mighty destroyer of the world, out to destroy! Even without your participation all the generations nestled in your loins yet unborn shall cease to exist!

Therefore, get up and attain glory. Conquer your enemies and enjoy a prosperous kingdom. All these future generations have already been destroyed by Me. You are only an instrument!"

It was well received. Some objected to being called 'instruments'. I then called them sheeple. The name stuck.
If history from then to this point was just a continuously bad trip (that means a bad LSD experience for the lame folk) by this generation it would make more sense.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:10 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
You're too micro in your thinking....

Quit thinking for yourself and let the macro thinkers do the heavy lifting.
Sorry but you aren't doing any "heavy lifting" of anything but BS. You were so uninformed as to think someone born in 1882 was a baby boomer so please forgive me if I laugh at your opinions.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Baby boomer are the worst generation ever.
Learn to think for yourself..... your generation is the worst.... blame blame and more blame while taking no responsibility for your failures (which are numerous on every level)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It was the GOP. Reagan planted the seeds of far right wing fascism, and it has grown ever since. The GOP's greed and hatred from america are leading to it's demise.
Wow, another ignorant hate post by Tempest.....your party of bigots and intolerant assclowns does all the same things so don't act like the party who you blow isn't responsible as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Makes sense, since the tea party loves those social programs, probably because they benefit from it.
You probably don't even know what the TEA party is or what a social program is....... given the stupidity of every post of yours

Haters gonna hate....... the boomers are one of the generations which built this country and saw to it that the most important issues were somewhat solved through their protesting..... womens rights, civil rights environmental protection and ending the draft

I would hate to see how selfish brats like you 3 would be like if the draft was still around

Old 04-24-2013, 09:15 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantHuman View Post
This is a very good point, and I am sure there are industries that accommodate this comparable difference. I do not see it however to this comparable level. The manufacturing wages I have seen in Asia are about US $1 to $20 (very high and rare) a day. This isn´t simply saving a few thousands of dollars, it is about saving Billions to Trillions at the expense of all moral integrity.
Well yes, but manufacturing isn't the only thing getting outsourced. IT jobs, call centers, engineering work are all prone. In the long run you might have each country mfg what they consume, but not too many people can afford American made goods. The mfg that does come to the USA is automated so very few jobs are going to be created from that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies