Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Some do. The reason??? They are afraid of a dumbed down, passive, even submissive society. The results of such are people like Obama getting gaining power and sending this country down the crapper. Kind of like what is happening today.

Hmmm... I'm a Libertarian, which has conservative leanings, and quite honestly is closer to true conservatism than the current Republican party in terms of wanting smaller government, and conservative fiscal policies. Having said that, I've been known to indulge from time to time in the sticky icky, and I didn't vote for Obama! Nor, am I dumbed down, passive, or submissive. Want people to stop being dumbed down in this country? Turn off the damn TV!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Is this true?

"This is possible because cannabis medicine works fundamentally through the endocannabinoid system, the superregulatory system of our bodies that maintains homeostasis in the other systems."

How Hemp Oil Cures Cancer And Why No One Knows ~ RiseEarth
While marijuana is proven to have anti-nausea and other benefits....alot of the "cancer cure" claims are just a bunch of BS from the legalize crowd.

I have nothing against pot, I frankly think it should be legalized....but all these "pot cures cancer" and other fantastical claims about the wonder plant are pure snake-oil.

My wife had cancer and you wouldn't believe all the "healing crystal therapy" and other BS gets hawked at desperate people....and don't forget the mega-dose vitamin craze....etc. etc. etc.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Conservatives have always had an absolute hatred and contempt for that particular plant.
Every post of yours seems to be political party bias. That statement is simply not true. If we were allowed to vote on this, pot would be legal, end of story.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:23 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Pharma does not like to mess with CNS drugs because of the potential for abuse and lawsuits.

If Pharma got involved in canabanoids, they have already studied the pharmacology extensively, they would be subject to FDA regs, 'indications', lableing, long term adverse events, etc, while it seems, the pot store on the corner is exempt. Of course forget the emerald triangle and all the poor people making a living growing pot, they would be put out of business.

long term effects need to be studied.....like cigarettes, it is the chemicals and radiation that hvae the greatest impact. Like cigarettes, people point out other people who have smoked into their 90s without getting cancer. They might have emphysema and can't walk across the room. They might have heart disease or suffer from pathologies caused by restricted blood vessels.

The smoke/unburned particles, from pot is the same as from ciggys.

If preliminary memory loss finding are not a concern in your 20s, they might be in your 40s or 50s.

Any proven medical use, proven the way other drugs need to be researched and approved would be fine. Prescription only. But hey everyone is complaining about prescription drugs being abused. Guess what, personal responsibility is being taken over by the feds because they know you are too weak willed to handle responsibility. If you have smoked pot and experienced...........call 1800 lawyers now! You may be entitled.........
what a load of dribble

My problem with it being legalized, as you suggest, is that they would add all kind of cancerous crap like they did with cigarettes, thus causing the side effects and liability you are suggesting.

They radiate you every time you get an xray or go thru TSA, probably a tad bit every time we use a microwave or cell phone, and we have yet to find out what will come of Smart Meters, but I don't suppose those are any concern for you.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:22 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Every post of yours seems to be political party bias. That statement is simply not true. If we were allowed to vote on this, pot would be legal, end of story.
It was the Republicans who pushed, and pushed hard, for the war in Viet Nam.

Don't matter who was president.

Hawks hate pot, they always miss their mouse when on it.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
thereis no reason to supposed Mairijuana cures cancer ;plian and simple.Its like mnay such claims that even scientist don't see a path that is worth following based on what they know about cancer which more than others who just like to believe like so many cures.Cocaine was once believe to be a harmless picker upper for humans also.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:02 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
thereis no reason to supposed Mairijuana cures cancer ;plian and simple.Its like mnay such claims that even scientist don't see a path that is worth following based on what they know about cancer which more than others who just like to believe like so many cures.Cocaine was once believe to be a harmless picker upper for humans also.
Get your chakras checked, it might improve your typing.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:17 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Conservatives have always had an absolute hatred and contempt for that particular plant.

Not this one and I know of several others of the same mindset. I think it's a generational thing but that doesn't always hold true. If you like weed, you like weed and that's all she wrote.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:26 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Why didn't dems decriminalize it when they had a majority?

Old 10-25-2015, 09:43 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
big pharma doesn't like free medicine that is easy to grow and that they cannot patent, hitting them in the bottom line.

big alcohol doesn't like a safer drug that might lure alcohol drinkers away from their product hence hitting them in the bottom line..

DuPont doesn't like an all natural fiber than can affect their bottom line.

prisons.

DEA...

and many others..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies