U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 02:12 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,152,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You got pwnd, so now you are throwing out an ad hominem to try and save face. Typical.

Oh well, hopefully you've learned your lesson about posting links to articles you have not read in their entirety.
I might learn from someone,...but it won't be no damned liberal.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 02:26 PM

77,784 posts, read 99,165,065 times
Quote:
Perhaps you all are more sensitive than both Bush and Obama.
give me a break for heavens sake. Obama is about as sensitive as any Pres I can remember. Why was he there? Protocol. As for those here who think this is the time to continue Bush blasting, can't we get over it? You don't like him, you think he was a crappy Pres. but regardless, he has the right to the library and the day was a special one for many. I hope if Obama has one and he, most likely will; we can all appreciate it for what it is. a special part of history.

Last edited by nmnita; 04-27-2013 at 02:36 PM..

Old 04-27-2013, 02:28 PM

77,784 posts, read 99,165,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i await the day that a president will stand up and say " i dont want no library, what is the point, we have enough libraries and our kids are still dropping out"
Oh for heavens sake: a Pres library has nothing to do with a library as you see it. Plus kids are not dropping out at the rate they did 50 or 75 years ago. A Pres library could be called a museum or whatever. It is an honor and if you haven't visited one, you might be surprised just how interesting and meaningful they can be.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:30 PM

27,622 posts, read 20,180,629 times
Not going to comment on this thread other than..."How many copies of MY Pet Goat are in the library?" Oh, and this...

http://www.zimbio.com/watch/Bt0D-tTi...+O'Donnell

Old 04-27-2013, 02:32 PM

73,512 posts, read 43,461,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Apparently we are not dealing with someone with a "modicum of intellect". You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drind,....and you can link an ignorant, liberal democrat to knowledge but you can't make them comprehend.

I tire of chasing liberals down their little bunny trails.
Can't make a horse drind?

Didn't you call me stupid for making a typo? What does this make you according to your own logic?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-27-2013 at 02:41 PM..

Old 04-27-2013, 02:38 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,152,924 times
[quote=Finn_Jarber;29319621]Can't make a horse drind?

Did you just call me stupid for making a typo? /quote]

Yep, you are stupid,....but that's beside the point.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post

Yep, you are stupid,....
Yea, that's what I thought you said.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:07 PM

8,302 posts, read 8,323,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
give me a break for heavens sake. Obama is about as sensitive as any Pres I can remember. Why was he there? Protocol. As for those here who think this is the time to continue Bush blasting, can't we get over it? You don't like him, you think he was a crappy Pres. but regardless, he has the right to the library and the day was a special one for many. I hope if Obama has one and he, most likely will; we can all appreciate it for what it is. a special part of history.
Pssssst. I don't have a problem with Bush having a library. I do have a problem with people who want to re-write history.

And as for your comment about Obama being "sensitive," you have no basis for this. It only reveals your own political prejudices.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 63,357,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh for heavens sake: a Pres library has nothing to do with a library as you see it. Plus kids are not dropping out at the rate they did 50 or 75 years ago. A Pres library could be called a museum or whatever. It is an honor and if you haven't visited one, you might be surprised just how interesting and meaningful they can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i await the day that a president will stand up and say " i dont want no library, what is the point, we have enough libraries and our kids are still dropping out"
President Johnston started this and its not a library that you use to go as a kid, it a collection of millions of presidential records from the Administration of President George W. Bush into its legal custody.

It also has museum which is a repository for presidential gifts as well as other donated artifacts relating to the life and career of President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush. The permanent exhibition explores critical events and issues of the Bush Administration.

That is why it called 'George W Bush Presidential Library & Museum'
I take it you didnt watch the dedication the premise of this thread or you would have seen the name on the building.

I am democrat but I have respect for history.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Pssssst. I don't have a problem with Bush having a library. I do have a problem with people who want to re-write history.
They have to rewrite it because they are embarrassed by the truth, and by the fact they were duped into supporting even the most serious mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies