U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:07 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,002,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Agree. Does he have to use every damn event for his own agenda? Not everything is about you Barack! How would he feel if they do that to him when it is his turn?
Are you referring to where he talked about the immigration act being a part of Bush's legacy? It is and Obama was giving him credit for it, what's your problem? There's even a section of the library dedicated to immigration!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,152,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
No, you pretended Obama did this.

Meanwhile, those of us in the real world got promotions, bought houses, watched retirement accounts soar and enjoyed the ride.
What ARE you babbling about?

Did you even read what I wrote?

Nonesensical reply.....

Old 04-25-2013, 07:07 PM

73,512 posts, read 43,411,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Bush is a class act. Notice he has not criticized Obama one Iota since he's been in office and stayed away from second guessing Obamas decisions. He knows it's not an easy job.
He is being smart not showing his face in public after destroying the country the way he did.

He would have been even smarter telling the donors to not build the library, and use the money on something else instead.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-25-2013 at 07:42 PM..

Old 04-25-2013, 07:17 PM

14,369 posts, read 9,378,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Perhaps you all are more sensitive than both Bush and Obama.
Exactly right! I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11
Why not? Seems strange that Obama would attend anything related to George W. Bush after he just spent the last four years blaming Bush for everything that has gone wrong in his administration. Seems hypocritical to me.
It's all political showmanship. If anything I'd bet Bush is giddy that Obama quantified EVERYTHING he (Bush) did. This is why I find so disingenuous when people exclaim how bad Bush was, while praising Obama for doubling down on everything he did, and then signing NDAA, covering up Benghazi and Gun Walking, killing over 6000 innocents with drones, ignoring congress entirely, investing in those not-so-shovel-ready-jobs (and then joking about it on the View)... etc.

The bottom line is THEY are all a part of the new royals (political class) and they care more about each other and getting re-elected, than the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is being smart not showing his face in public after destroying the country the way he did.

He would have been even smarted telling the donors to not build the library, and use the money on something else instead.
Wow, a shining example. Thanks

Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn_jarber View Post
he is being smart not showing his face in public after destroying the country the way he did.

He would have been even smarted telling the donors to not build the library, and use the money on something else instead.
Gotta love this......

Old 04-25-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Gotta love this......
I am sure you love being the spelling police. Makes you feel important

Old 04-25-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sure you love being the spelling police. Makes you feel important
....especially when someone is railing about GW being "smart"....

Gotta watch closely when living in glass houses....

Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Wow, a shining example. Thanks
You betcha. I did not support either president with my vote, and I assume you did not either, or otherwise you'd be a bit of a hypocrite.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
....especially when someone is railing about GW being "smart"....
Yes, I think Bush is being smart staying out of the public eye. And you point about typos is........?

Old 04-25-2013, 07:55 PM

26,223 posts, read 18,457,972 times
This library will be a sterling example of whitewashed and alternative history. They should have a special wing dedicated to FOX News, the official propaganda organ of the neoconservatives.

W, even in his speech today, said he was guided by his "conviction", a conviction that was whispered in his ear daily, and one that he instinctively and doggedly adhered to. He never changed course, no matter how disastrous the course someone else set for him, because to do so would have required courage and awareness of ones mistakes, and George W. Bush has neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies