U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 07:17 AM

10,789 posts, read 12,965,974 times

Advertisements

George W. Bush's library offers his side of the story - CBS News

Even Obama will be there,,,,,,,,,,,,
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 AM

8,302 posts, read 8,281,141 times
Why the face?

Old 04-25-2013, 07:24 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,142,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Why the face?
Why not? Seems strange that Obama would attend anything related to George W. Bush after he just spent the last four years blaming Bush for everything that has gone wrong in his administration. Seems hypocritical to me.

I wager a dollar or two that Obama had rather be ANYWHERE in the world instead of Dallas.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:28 AM

8,302 posts, read 8,281,141 times
Perhaps you all are more sensitive than both Bush and Obama.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:36 AM

2,818 posts, read 3,258,326 times
i await the day that a president will stand up and say " i dont want no library, what is the point, we have enough libraries and our kids are still dropping out"

Old 04-25-2013, 07:37 AM

39,819 posts, read 45,339,146 times
Bush is a class act. Notice he has not criticized Obama one Iota since he's been in office and stayed away from second guessing Obamas decisions. He knows it's not an easy job.

Yes he made mistakes but IMO, he was a great leader when we needed a great leader. Much better than our current leader. In about 5-6 years he will be at the opening of the Obama Library wherever it may be.

Dallas is in basic lock down today. Snipers on rooftops, Secret Service everywhere.

I'm running late. Hope they don't start without me.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:39 AM

41,481 posts, read 57,113,339 times
That building must be smaller than a Tradis and hold even less.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 AM

70,347 posts, read 52,746,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Bush is a class act. Notice he has not criticized Obama one Iota since he's been in office and stayed away from second guessing Obamas decisions. He knows it's not an easy job.

Yes he made mistakes but IMO, he was a great leader when we needed a great leader. Much better than our current leader. In about 5-6 years he will be at the opening of the Obama Library wherever it may be.

Dallas is in basic lock down today. Snipers on rooftops, Secret Service everywhere.

I think that for the most part, those guys *get* each other. They know the difficulties of the job and have some degree of empathy for one another. Additionally, they are privy to the same secrets, obligations, deals etc. that rope us into doing certain things that the general public is unaware of....

Not to say they all like each other but I think Obama might like Bush more than Clinton....just a hunch.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:45 AM

10,568 posts, read 12,238,924 times
I will be donating my entire old comic book collection along with a copy of Art Of War. That should do it.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:05 AM

24,567 posts, read 38,118,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
I wager a dollar or two that Obama had rather be ANYWHERE in the world instead of Dallas.
Many of us in Dallas feel the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

I wouldn't say he's a class act, he's just following the tradition of ex-Presidents not popping up and giving their unsolicited opinions on the new administration. Clinton did the same during Bush's presidency, and Bush the Elder held his tongue during Clinton's presidency. It's just what they do.

As for being there....I dunno if I could handle that many nose jobs in one place. I saw plenty of bad ones in the footage of Jeb Bush at some OBN right-wing club yesterday. Shudder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies