Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,671,063 times

Advertisements

and liberals wonder why I won't budge on anything... its one thing after another, give an inch they take a mile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 10:26 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,325,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
and liberals wonder why I won't budge on anything... its one thing after another, give an inch they take a mile.
b-b-b-b-b-but it's only universal background checks on guns!!!!111!!!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM

18,361 posts, read 26,566,327 times
Up next: background checks on charcoal (charcoal's needed to make black powder).

Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Up next: background checks on charcoal (charcoal's needed to make black powder).
Don't forget 3D printers.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM

18,163 posts, read 15,685,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
They're going after reloaders.

There's been discussion about this on a shooters' forum I'm on. Lots of guys into reloading there, of course, and they've all known it was going to be coming. I'm ashamed that it's originating with my senator, though. I can't stand the guy (Reid), but historically he's been somewhat reasonable on gun issues, for a Democrat.
Reid has signed on to a LOT of anti firearms initiatives, over his ...tenure. I can't stand him. The going after relaoders is nothing new. They tried it under Clinton, wanting to foul up powder with plastic tagents, and requiring limits on how much powder you can buy and have on hand. (sigh ).....It's baaaaaaaack.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:44 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,731,257 times
"It's Time" for background checks on assault cookers and high capacity backpacks!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,455,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The NICS delay on purchasing gunpowder would overwhelm the system. Current delays even hedged with private f2f transactions recently have been 7-10 days instead of 15 minutes. Government is often obtuse (intentionally or not) about the consequences of feel-good legislation.
Whether the NICS check takes 7-10 days or 15 mins, you will still be able to purchase the gunpowder as long as it comes back clear. Aeroguy's comment equated it to a ban... all I'm asking for is a source that shows liberals are attempting to ban gunpowder, if it's true, it shouldn't be hard to link a source.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:01 AM

78,800 posts, read 61,009,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
They're going after reloaders.

There's been discussion about this on a shooters' forum I'm on. Lots of guys into reloading there, of course, and they've all known it was going to be coming. I'm ashamed that it's originating with my senator, though. I can't stand the guy (Reid), but historically he's been somewhat reasonable on gun issues, for a Democrat.
He's only been *reasonable* because he represents a state with a strong rural base that would can him if he didn't.

I suspect Reid is eyeing either retirement or a plum future whitehouse job because he's been playing with fire being a public face of the anti-gun push.

My guess is that he is in his last term.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Whether the NICS check takes 7-10 days or 15 mins, you will still be able to purchase the gunpowder as long as it comes back clear. Aeroguy's comment equated it to a ban... all I'm asking for is a source that shows liberals are attempting to ban gunpowder, if it's true, it shouldn't be hard to link a source.
The wait will be much, much longer than 7-10 days. The backlog would be completely unreasonable for stuff that you can get even in other civilized countries much faster. Making the wait intolerably long is a de facto ban on it. The amount of gunpowder purchased would be exponentially higher than the amount of guns transacted via FFL. The wait could be 6 month, and would be completely unreasonable. How would you like to wait 6 months for a cash withdrawal from a bank, or 6 months to see a doctor for an illness?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:33 PM

18,361 posts, read 26,566,327 times
I know a lot of hunters will wait till the last minute to get a can of powder for muzzleloader season. A wait is not acceptable.

Personally, I'd just make my own gunpowder if they put this in place. It's not that hard, it just requires knowledge, patience and caution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies