Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,374,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
You have made three serious, albeit incoherent, factual claims here.

Can you document that even one of them is accurate?
Yes - but I won't.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 AM

18 posts, read 16,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSyddy View Post
I wanted to post this under a thread about the Boston Bombings, but I kinda feel like this deserves its own thread, I say this becuase really, it could be related to any other major tragedy...

I try to think critically of everything. I know not to trust everything i see or hear on TV. I love to question everything. I would like to think a lot of you are the same way. So then, why if anyone questions if we are getting the full truth, are they then a "conspiracy theaory nut"? I am from Boston. I watched as my whole city got shut down last friday with my eyes glued to the TV. I absorbed all of the info.

for me, now its time for questions...whereas for others, they are ready to accept the info they have been fed. So quick to label him (Tsarnaev) a terrorist and bash anyone who may think otherwise.

Im not saying this guy and his brother didnt do those things, but it is certainly not impossible that they didnt. All im saying is i believe that i do not have the whole story.

in regards to recent events: Did anyone on this forum actually see this man leave a bag there? did anyone see the video from the police cars from the crazy car chase? What about surveillance video from the supposed 7 eleven store robbery, or better yet, how about an interview with the clerk from the store that was robbed? They supposedly hijacked a car and told the man they were the bombers, where the interview from him?

and the list goes on...

I guess i say all this to say, its so frustrating to watch intelligent people bash each other and call people stupid becuase they dont just swallow the spoon fed info we get from the news.

Am i a conspiracy nut?

You will be amazed how many people feel the need to defend a view and never change it. Next, they find anything to hold their established views. While doing those aforementioned things, they will become sentimentally attached. Questioning things, is childish in their eyes and they will always support the majority, or with a slight slant on things then the majority. But never to the point, that it even questions the establishment of things.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:42 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,581,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Yes - but I won't.
So that's a no, then.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,049,690 times
To answer your question, yes, you are a conspiracy nut.

The brothers planted and exploded bombs at the marathon. They killed a cop. One is dead, the other in custody, along with his friends who attempted to destroy evidence.

Case closed, move on, find something real to worry about.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:54 AM

20,948 posts, read 18,983,224 times
If you have to ask........

Old 05-03-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
To answer your question, yes, you are a conspiracy nut.

The brothers planted and exploded bombs at the marathon. They killed a cop. One is dead, the other in custody, along with his friends who attempted to destroy evidence.

Case closed, move on, find something real to worry about.

Clean and tidy.

You must be an analist.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:17 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,049,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Clean and tidy.

You must be an analist.

No, just a retired LEO. I don't see a vast conspiracy everywhere I look. I imagine that would be exhausting.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
So that's a no, then.
Endorsement of this check acknowledges all debts paid in full.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
No, just a retired LEO. I don't see a vast conspiracy everywhere I look. I imagine that would be exhausting.
So, you're parents never allowed you to stay up and watch Perry Mason.

It's never too late - Give it a shot.

Give it a view as though looking at humans, and not bears in the buckwheat.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...be.cseORzkqCCI

Old 05-03-2013, 06:30 AM

88,151 posts, read 84,005,514 times
I don't know if you're a conspiracy nut or not, but you have some of the traits of one.

For example, the recitations of how YOU ask QUESTIONS--unlike all those OTHER people who just accept what the government/media tells them.

Let's get real here--do you actually know people who just accept what the government tells them? Hmmm? Because I am in my 50's and I've never met a single soul who believes whatever the government tells them, not even my 84-year-old, religious, conservative mother. The chant that "all those OTHER people" believe whatever they are told is really just, "Look at me! I'm SPECIAL! I belong to a group of people who are DIFFERENT!"

However. The true conspiracy nut IS just following what they are told--by the CT websites, by the YouTube videos, much of which is often altered or taken out of context to make something seem as though it is different from what it is--yeah, very similar to what the government and/or media might do. It's the other side of the same coin. And the conspiracy nuts just lap all of it up WITHOUT ASKING ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT IT CAN BE TRUE.

The funniest part is when the truthers imperiously post YouTube videos and conspiracy sites and say, "Do some research". Um, that's not research. That's listening to what someone else is saying or showing you and just accepting it as fact. A good rule to remember is that if you think you are smarter than everyone else, you're probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies