Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 05:03 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This is revolting

YOU TOOL!
You just posted a picture of some Latino woman and then claimed she was on food stamps without any evidence at all. Yes, someone is a tool here but it is you. Start backing up your claims or shut it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 05:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
You just posted a picture of some Latino woman and then claimed she was on food stamps without any evidence at all. Yes, someone is a tool here but it is you. Start backing up your claims or shut it.
Not liking it huh? Your president made many claims about people like me that are false. Tell him to stop frickin lying out his ass, get off our asses and shut up. Until then... deal with it like we have to deal with this pos president.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:23 PM

http://www.fns.usda.gov/ORA/menu/Pub...cteristics.pdf

According to page 12 of this report from the Food and Nutrition Service only 13%-14% of people who receive food stamps are unemployed and ~86% of recipients are actually the working poor. Not surprisingly Petch is wrong when he claims they're all bums who just don't want to work as well over 4/5ths of them do have jobs and do work.

But, I guess, he has been honest that he doesn't care about facts and instead just has a massive, irrational hatred for anyone who is poor. Especially since, as was shown in the opening post, most of the people are only on these programs for a few years to help them get back on their feet and then they no longer require assistance.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:27 PM

Speaking of unemployed people... Petch how is it that you are on here all day, every day? Don't you ever have a job to go to? You seem to do nothing all day but rage on the internet and that just can't be healthy for you. Maybe you should consider picking up a hobby or volunteering or something. That would, no doubt, help your outlook so you weren't so irrationally filled with hatred so much. If worse comes to worse you could try taking a walk or something.

[/A caring and compassionate guy who doesn't want to see even you have a heart attack]

Old 05-02-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
http://www.fns.usda.gov/ORA/menu/Pub...cteristics.pdf

According to page 12 of this report from the Food and Nutrition Service only 13%-14% of people who receive food stamps are unemployed and ~86% of recipients are actually the working poor. Not surprisingly Petch is wrong when he claims they're all bums who just don't want to work as well over 4/5ths of them do have jobs and do work.

But, I guess, he has been honest that he doesn't care about facts and instead just has a massive, irrational hatred for anyone who is poor. Especially since, as was shown in the opening post, most of the people are only on these programs for a few years to help them get back on their feet and then they no longer require assistance.
And you think Obama was telling the truth right LOLOLOL.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-02-2013 at 06:27 PM..

Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Speaking of unemployed people... Petch how is it that you are on here all day, every day? Don't you ever have a job to go to? You seem to do nothing all day but rage on the internet and that just can't be healthy for you. Maybe you should consider picking up a hobby or volunteering or something. That would, no doubt, help your outlook so you weren't so irrationally filled with hatred so much. If worse comes to worse you could try taking a walk or something.

[/A caring and compassionate guy who doesn't want to see even you have a heart attack]

LOL oh another funny. Caring and compassionate. oh that is rich.... you want to make sure I work to pay for the uneducated that can't pull their own weight, or the welfare lazy. And how is it that you are on here all day?

As I said, as long as Obama keeps lying and demanding more taxes from working people I don't really give a sh**.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:53 PM

lol, so you don't like the truth. It is ok for your president to lie about Americans but don't dare throw the sh** back. You bought a bunch of lies and you are too naive to realize it. So what we have here is a bunch of poor people and welfare people who think they know what is best yet they can't handle their own financial affairs. He is laughing his ass off at you.

And if you are the working poor why do you wait for someone else, why don't you do something about it yourself. Obama claims the government helped build those businesses, why is he screwing you then, why doesn't he help you build that?

Old 05-02-2013, 05:55 PM

185 posts, read 252,855 times
Does anyone know the cost to run the entire welfare program? I would be willing to bet running the show is more costly than providing assistance to those who need it.

Excuse if the numbers have been thrown around but once the bickering starts it's really difficult to continue reading through these types of threads.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post
Does anyone know the cost to run the entire welfare program? I would be willing to bet running the show is more costly than providing assistance to those who need it.
The total cost as a budget item is listed in the opening post. I will attempt to go through reports from the health and human services department in an attempt to figure out over head costs but as these reports are several hundred pages long it is slow going. Currently I am attempting to find a graph which breaks down what percentage of SNAP money is spent on each type of food (fresh fruits & veggies, packaged foods, dairy, meats, fish, etc...) but I seem to be having trouble locating the summarized data in the in the performance reports.

If you would like you can help me (as well as answer your own question) by looking here on the food and nutrition services website: Data and Statistics | Food and Nutrition Service

If you go to the main page they also have links to research reports but I am afraid they are equally voluminous. To go out on a limb though I would say, no, you are incorrect in your assumption that overhead/administrative costs consume half of the program's budget. Typically they are in the 2%-8% range for large government programs. Medicare is an especially efficiently run program from an administrative cost perspective as overhead is only ~2%. To compare private health insurance companies typically spent 23% of total revenue on administrative costs and they were upset that the healthcare reform law capped their allowable expenses at 20% of total revenue. So, yes, it is not at all unusual for government programs to be run more efficiently wrt administrative costs than private companies in several fields like health care and insurance.

Last edited by Think4Yourself; 05-02-2013 at 06:08 PM..

Old 05-02-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post

Excuse if the numbers have been thrown around but once the bickering starts it's really difficult to continue reading through these types of threads.
The point is democrats and liberals don't like it when someone says something they "claim" is not true yet they themselves have beliefs about other Americans and (directly promoted by Obama) that are not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies