Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2013, 08:57 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times

Advertisements

If you fail a drug test going in for a job , you wont get it. If you fail a drug test to live off my taxes then you sure as hell shouldnt be getting my damn 60 hours a week hard earned money. There needs to be rules and consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 09:09 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
True, the interesting thing about it is that those who worship Faux and fiends fail to mention that tibit and continue to vilify the working poor even when the wealthy are profitting from them
Pooor you, oh poor poor you. There, do you feel better?

Old 12-30-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I was a caseworker for 5 years and I grew up around alot of poor people so I understand what many of them are going through. It is just so fraustrating when you hear people who have no idea make crazy assumptions about the less fortunate that are not always true.
You get frustrated when people make assumptions about the poor but it's ok for the poor to make assumptions about people who are doing well. Ok, note taken.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:18 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I bet you wouldnt say that for the senior meals program or seniors on snap. You clowns are total hypocrites. If grandma is on Snap its ok but when a low income mom and dad is on snap its bad...bad.. very bad. Oh yeah if its a Tea Partier on Snap, Medicare, SS, VA, Medicaid, thats good very good.
If your grandma is on SNAP, then YOU should be ashamed. Where are these cold hearted people who won't even buy their own grandma a little food?

Old 12-30-2013, 09:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
One thing I noticed from my time living in the UK and the U.S is that the poor have way too many kids. In fact, it seems to be a problem in most Western countries. The poor, for a myriad of reasons (lack of education, lack of access to contraceptives, baby mama culture, religion) have way more children than they should. And way more children than the middle and upper class.
It's not really religion because most religions forbid fornification. End the overly generous food stamps, free housing, free health care, free utilities, free cell phones for those who want to lay around and do nothing, you would see them start having fewer kids.

Even in Texas which isn't considered "progressive" most babies (56%) are being born to welfare households, most children are on Medicaid rather than being supported by their parents.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:59 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Exactly why I say: If you are on ANY government assistance program, MANDATORY birth control for men AND women should be implemented. Once you can prove you can financially afford children, without government assistance, then the mandatory birth control and stop.
What happens if the financial hardship strikes after the child or children are born? And in this economy, it is not rare for people who were previously doing ok to well for themselves to find themselves unemployed and sometimes for a long time.

Do you recommend the children are taken away from their parents?

Old 12-30-2013, 01:10 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not really religion because most religions forbid fornification.
I love how you're pretending that aren't any married or divorced couples who have kids but are poor.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:15 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You get frustrated when people make assumptions about the poor but it's ok for the poor to make assumptions about people who are doing well. Ok, note taken.
Where did anything like this even happen in the post you were referring to?

Oh. In your mind. Only in your mind--where everyone who is on any kind of government assistance is a lazy, drug-addled, scamming and scheming, unemployed worthless leech that you are forced to support.

Carry on...

Old 12-30-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post

Oh. In your mind. Only in your mind--where everyone who is on any kind of government assistance is a lazy, drug-addled, scamming and scheming, unemployed worthless leech that you are forced to support.

Carry on...
So you deny that your kind isn't making ASSumptions about successful people? Wow, your mind is self serving and all you are trying to do is self serve yourself to other peoples money. Why? Because you were too stupid to make it on your own. Yep, keep being proud of your stupidity.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:32 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
So you deny that your kind isn't making ASSumptions about successful people? Wow, your mind is self serving and all you are trying to do is self serve yourself to other peoples money. Why? Because you were too stupid to make it on your own. Yep, keep being proud of your stupidity.
First, what the #@!* do you mean "your kind?" What "kind" do you, in your more or less total ignorance of me, suppose I am?

Liberal? Not hardly.

Occupy-er? Pfft. That's a laff.

Unemployed? Not since I was 14...hard working (sometimes more than one job) for over 30 years.

Receiving gov't benefits? Not at all. I am certainly not wealthy, but I live frugally and fairly comfortably. My family doesn't lack necessities.

I also do not, in any sense, begrudge wealthy or successful people. I acknowledge that a large percentage of them worked very hard and sacrificed to get to where they are, and I applaud them for it.

Further, I am well aware (having worked for years in social services) that there are problems with different types of welfare, as well as people who abuse the system.

You say this:

Quote:
...all you are trying to do is self serve yourself to other peoples money. Why? Because you were too stupid to make it on your own. Yep, keep being proud of your stupidity.
...and I really don't get where you think you are coming from at all. Who am I asking for money?

Nobody. I haven't even reached out to my family for financial help since I was 18, and that was to ask for a small loan which I quickly repaid. Much less do I rely on government benefits, and I feel very fortunate that I don't have to.

I don't, however, demonize and speak ill of anyone and everyone who does or has or might someday need some assistance in the form of food stamps, health care, etc. Which you yourself DO with nearly every post you make on the subject.

As I say, I happen to have considerable first hand experience in social services work in three different states. I am very familiar with statistics, with eligibility criteria, and with tools and resources government agencies utilize to ensure people have a sincere need for benefits and services. (And yes, there is still a minority of welfare recipients who are scammers or abuse the system.)

What have you got? Nothing but your jerking knee.

I have seen your posts for ages on here on this topic and you consistently lump anybody who receives any kind of assistance as a leech, personally bleeding you dry. You regularly paint them all as lazy losers who refuse to work, who have drug problems, are uneducated, even criminal. It's baseless, ridiculous nonsense based on nothing but your opinion which itself seems--based on your very posts here--utterly biased and ignorant.

Now, this exchange between us began after I commented on one of your posts.

The poster simetime said this:

Quote:
I was a caseworker for 5 years and I grew up around alot of poor people so I understand what many of them are going through. It is just so fraustrating when you hear people who have no idea make crazy assumptions about the less fortunate that are not always true.
To which you responded:

Quote:
To which I replied:

Quote:

Carry on...
Which brings us to you saying:

Quote:
And this makes me wonder: are you so far gone or incapable of nuanced thought that you can't see how terribly stupid and hypocritical you look while you're spouting your rubbish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies