Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 03:45 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
That is debatable. Stoned doesn't always mean pot. Someone on crack can get quite violent.
We have a whole sub culture of meth heads because its cheap and they are wound tighter than a 2$ clock

BTW, everything is for the children Ad nauseam. It's not like these folks are really passing on
words of wisdom or examples of role models...

I don't agree with, you fail a drug test, you loose your children, because the foster child/DHHS program is probably more corrupt than the parents. It's one big vicious cycle of yuck

Instead of facing homelessness or starvation, they should reach out for help from private
charitable organizations, or learn to be self reliant. I know, a new old concept...
You're 20, with 2 kids. You just failed your welfare drug test due to some poppy muffins. You have no skills, and the childcare costs for your two rugrats is higher then minimum wage. You're screwed. Your only REAL choices to make minimum wage are:
1. get new skills (which takes YEARS....so no)
2. Sell yourself, or commit other crimes.

While in a perfect world people should be able to make enough money through hard work, we live in a imperfect world with a declining income for hard workers with no skills.

If we want to say we're going to punish your children for you failing a drug test, we should just say that.

Not everything is for the children, however in this case it is 90% of the time. yes parents get helped too. But its a imperfect world. And the alternative you like even less!

And stoned almost always refers to pot. the other term used for other drugs is "tweeked" for example. My wife studied to do drug counseling. Had way too many conversations about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 03:56 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You're 20, with 2 kids. You just failed your welfare drug test due to some poppy muffins. You have no skills, and the childcare costs for your two rugrats is higher then minimum wage. You're screwed. Your only REAL choices to make minimum wage are:

While in a perfect world people should be able to make enough money through hard work, we live in a imperfect world with a declining income for hard workers with no skills.

If we want to say we're going to punish your children for you failing a drug test, we should just say that.

Not everything is for the children, however in this case it is 90% of the time. yes parents get helped too. But its a imperfect world. And the alternative you like even less!

And stoned almost always refers to pot. the other term used for other drugs is "tweeked" for example. My wife studied to do drug counseling. Had way too many conversations about this.
Use birth control and don't smoke dope would be the answer.

People are sick of paying for other people's stupidity.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:08 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:

Not interested in the too cool to be cool crowd cause tweeked sounds moronic.
I will stick to stoned or high.

If you are 20 years old, you have some skills, even if it is waitressing, babysitting, licking envelopes.
Their screwed, because THEY SCREWED. It really isn't someone else's job to pay for their good times.
I will give exception for those who have been raped.

There are probably more jobs out there now with minimal skills needed, than you'd think.
After all, we are in a service industry economy. So, one may have to work more than one job. So what.
How many hours does one need to sleep anyways. Not to mention, maybe after actual
work till exhaustion, they won't have time to GET SCREWED AGAIN.

I don't feel pity for anyone who is 20 that has two kids.
I simply have indifference, unless I have to pay for it. Then, I get pissed.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:13 PM

Theres a certain disconnect with the reality of life. If minimum wage doesn't cut it to pay for child care.....working more will....do what? Yeah.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Theres a certain disconnect with the reality of life. If minimum wage doesn't cut it to pay for child care.....working more will....do what? Yeah.
Whats the disconnect... is it to hard to take the pill or too hard to use a rubber? If you don't realize that you should use prevention if you can't afford it... it is YOU and your like are the people with a disconnect.

The most selfish, self centered, cruel thing you can do is have a child when you can not afford them. People are tired of paying for your selfishness and stupidity. How about both the mom and dad work like many families do.

Who the hell do people think they are when they think everyone else should support their offspring?

Old 07-31-2014, 04:22 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Working more will make your life more miserable, I guess. But whose idea was it to have kids in
the first place?

The reality of the life is that you sometimes can't have what you want. That includes children.
If you can't afford them, guess you can't have them. Want them, get to work and start saving
for it.

This notion that you are not going to be dirt poor in life when you decide to have children ill prepared, is the disconnect with the reality of life. Why should welfare condone the notion that they won't be.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:29 PM

Girl at age of 16, through laziness, hormones, stupidity, and complete irresponsibility allows herself to get pregnant by some loser. The loser, taking parenting advice from rap stars leaves that bi***. “hey, don’t hate the playa, hate the game”). The mother, now single and with child, goes on the system to get assistance. When her child is 2, finds another douchebag reject and through the magic of not-f****-learning-the-first-time gets pregnant AGAIN. Repeat about 4 more times.

You are nothing more than a receptacle for some dude to keep his **** warm and serve no use to us other than to leech away our money like a tick on the ass-end of society.

the-welfare-mother-rant.html

Old 07-31-2014, 04:32 PM

one offered by other readers on here, is every 3 months, when you get your welfare paperwork reevaluated, you get a shot of Depot Provera. I don’t give a rats ass about side-effects, these people are already on the downward slide, so we’re doing damage control now. You want your check, you get your depot shot. You don’t want your birth control shot? Then I guess you get no check!

Old 07-31-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
one offered by other readers on here, is every 3 months, when you get your welfare paperwork reevaluated, you get a shot of Depot Provera. I don’t give a rats ass about side-effects, these people are already on the downward slide, so we’re doing damage control now. You want your check, you get your depot shot. You don’t want your birth control shot? Then I guess you get no check!

Actually there are other choices, including a long term implantable one. I'm actually OK with this. If the shot has side effects, go to the implantable one, if THAT also doesn't work, you can always get fixed.

Expecting people to stop having sex, or be responsible at young ages is moronic. But giving this option doesn't bother me at all.

edit to add-actually would you be ok with switching it? The long term implantable as a first choice, the shot as a second?"

Old 07-31-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Working more will make your life more miserable, I guess. But whose idea was it to have kids in
the first place?

The reality of the life is that you sometimes can't have what you want. That includes children.
If you can't afford them, guess you can't have them. Want them, get to work and start saving
for it.

This notion that you are not going to be dirt poor in life when you decide to have children ill prepared, is the disconnect with the reality of life. Why should welfare condone the notion that they won't be.
You missed my point. If your child care costs more then your take home, at the end of the day you owe money. Working more makes it worse.

ME:"We're losing money on each sale!"
YOU:"Don't worry we will make it up in volume"

Its an old joke that perfectly illustrates this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies