Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLand View Post
Get a clue people.
who captured you and forced you into spending...whipping your back if you failed to spend above your means. Who denied you liberty if you did not sign up? Who removed your children from you and forced them into unrestrained spending?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 07:00 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
How do you do this? if you do not want to say in the forum PM me. I am always open to ideas.
Our grocery store offers credits.

For every $100 in groceries you buy you get $.08 off of gas,
And then because I have my grocery stores debit card, they give me another $.08 for every $100 I spend, meaning if I buy $100 worth of groceries, I get $4.80 worth of free gas. (They limit you to 30 gallons at a time)

I make effort to buy a lot of gift cards there, for things I was already planning to buy (I buy over $1K a week from amazon for example, so I buy gift cards for Amazon), giving me free gas.

Then when you buy gasoline, you get 1% off of your groceries for every 10 gallons of gas you buy, and since I get the free gas above, I hit 20% pretty quick.

I havent bought gasoline all year, and at one point I had so many credits built up that I was selling them for cash.

I'm pretty good at maximizing credits with companies, for example, I bought 7 bottles of tums yesterday, total price $1.52, including free shipping.. I've even been known to buy cases of paper, and have the stores owe me money when I was done, I then donated the paper to non profits for the tax write off. Last year I supplied dozens of the neighborhood kids with book bags, paper, tables, pencils, markers etc for school, and got paid to do it.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:13 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Some people are slaves due to their stupidity. Life is full of choices. My CC's never carry a balance and I've not paid any Interest in 25 years. They do buy me 2-3 free airline trips a year to see my kids.

OP... you to ignorant to pay off your credit cards ? All you gotta do is pay them off and cut them up.

Then you'll be free of those ignorance chains you keep around your wrists.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:39 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,532 times
We have no credit cards. We do use debit cards since it is more convenient than carrying large amounts of cash (also for making travel arrangements, etc).

Homes and vehicles are paid off and our only monthly payments are insurance, cable/phone/internet, utilities and food.

If one is a slave to credit cards then one put the chains upon themselves.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:40 AM

155 posts, read 110,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Their middle class is those who earn $10K - $60K a year (per your link). thats not $.50 an hour

Try again
10k middle class. OK

Old 04-26-2013, 07:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
10k middle class. OK
It is if you're earning $.50 an hour which you just said was ok..

Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
the slavery part is when they make everything non dischargeable debt which will be soon.
from the bottom to the top at the oval office, americans dont think debt is a big deal.
what problem??
they do not equate debt with poverty. that is bek they neither read nor understand history nor want to.
lessons unlearned are repeated.
if you think that debt cant be assigned to you without your consent or permisson, go get a divorce and see for yourself.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:46 AM

155 posts, read 110,564 times
None of you get it do you? The workers who make it possible for someone to sit at home and make millions are the ones this message is for. Not the ones who benefit from this life sucking system. If we stop as a whole and say "ENOUGH.....we want to have a life TOO"! Then we win

Old 04-26-2013, 07:49 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,202,574 times
Quote:
Thats my point. Everything should be paid with what you make not what you can borrow
Why the hell wouldn't I use debt to my advantage? My mortgage is less than 4% and my investments make over 5.5% annually. In what universe would I NOT take out mortgage debt so that more of my monthly cash flow can go into the higher paying investments?

Also, why wouldn't I put everything on a credit card, pay it off every month, gain reward points as well as make inter-month interest gains by allowing my monthly cash to sit in interest-gaining accounts. Why wouldn't I wait until the last day I can pay the card before interest kicks in before actually paying it? Let your money work for you.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
I win every month I completely pay off the slightly used credit card. I have done that for decades. I get the convenience of ordering things online and paying with a car not directly connected with my checking account. The security is worth the slight interest payment.

I do not feel enslaved to my creditors as I use their credit to my advantage or my government because I value the services they provide. I am not a slave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies