Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 09:17 AM

45,522 posts, read 27,126,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We should have carpet bombed that cesspool and poisoned their fields after 9/11 as a clear act of REVENGE for American deaths. Nation-building my butt! Nuke 'em, napalm 'em, or whatever is cheapest. The message should go out to those who would do us harm: the ratio will be 1000 of them for every American their country kills.
That reminds me of another statement I made back then - as soon as those dead US troops were paraded around in Fallujah - that place would cease to exist today as an example of what we are capable of - therefore making anyone in that region think twice before they tried anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,270,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Prove it.
You mean how people claim that Obama would've gone gotten out by 2005 (or earlier) and would've used waterboarding anyway since it was fundamental in locating Bin Laden's lair?

Got a time machine I can borrow?

Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,512,000 times
Default Fyi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That reminds me of another statement I made back then - as soon as those dead US troops were paraded around in Fallujah - that place would cease to exist today as an example of what we are capable of - therefore making anyone in that region think twice before they tried anything else.

There weren't any dead US troops paraded around Fallujah.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
You mean how people claim that Obama would've gone gotten out by 2005 (or earlier) and would've used waterboarding anyway since it was fundamental in locating Bin Laden's lair?
What claims?

Quote:
Got a time machine I can borrow?
I don't loan it out to anybody.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
What claims?
The implication that Bush should've gotten out in 2005 was that Obama would've done it, otherwise the comparison would not have been made. You can obviously prove this to be true with your fancy time machine that you won't loan out.

I did see a ST episode on this once...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzUEu7Gb7Cg

Old 04-26-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The implication that Bush should've gotten out in 2005 was that Obama would've done it, otherwise the comparison would not have been made.
There was no "comparison" outside of your own head.

All progress in Afcrapistan halted back in 2005. That would have been the perfect jumping off point.

Instead, Dubya kept our people there and let it fester.

Obama wasn't even on the radar in 2005.

Quote:
You can obviously prove this to be true with your fancy time machine that you won't loan out.
Look...

I am not gonna use that beauty to investigate your claim.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
There was no "comparison" outside of your own head.
Then there was no point to be made about Bush withdrawing in 2005 since Obama wouldn't have done any better in your opinion.

I do agree with you there.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:38 AM

39,064 posts, read 51,180,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That is a tougher one for me. Iraq did nothing to us to deserve being invaded and laid waste. We should never have been there and getting revenge for what happened because we went in there without justification seems morally wrong to me. Afghanistan, on the other hand, aided and assisted the people who were responsible for the murder of thousands of Americans and deserved to be totally destroyed as a warning to others.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 AM

45,522 posts, read 27,126,164 times
Quote:
There weren't any dead US troops paraded around Fallujah.
You're right - my bad - they were contractors.

Enraged Mob in Falluja Kills 4 American Contractors

Four Americans working for a security company were ambushed and killed Wednesday, and an enraged mob then jubilantly dragged the burned bodies through the streets of downtown Falluja, hanging at least two corpses from a bridge over the Euphrates River.

Intelligence sources in Washington said the four were not working for the C.I.A. They worked for Blackwater Security Consulting of Moyock, N.C., providing security for food delivery in the Falluja area, according to a statement from the company. The occupation authorities have hired hundreds of private security guards for a range of duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That is a tougher one for me. Iraq did nothing to us to deserve being invaded and laid waste. We should never have been there and getting revenge for what happened because we went in there without justification seems morally wrong to me. Afghanistan, on the other hand, aided and assisted the people who were responsible for the murder of thousands of Americans and deserved to be totally destroyed as a warning to others.
The intelligence at the time pointed towards Iraq. I'm not rehashing the whole thing - but it was common knowledge at that time.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,737,614 times
Do any of you have any idea what some of these hired killers have done in our name? Besides your post should be back dated. Blackwater stopped operating years ago. The mercenaries have not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies