Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 12:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There hasnt been a dam bill attemping to change this. Its left wing fear mongering and it should be denounced for what it is..
Of course you are right and so many say, oh, if so and so gets elected Roe versus Wade will be overturned. Bull: the perfect time, if was ever going to happen would have been during Bush's presidency: He is 100% pro life, the supreme court was overwhelming conservative and no one made any attempt at changing anything. Third trimester abortions do need to be outlawed.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:29 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,232,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Parents use to have some sense. My mother said to keep my hands out of my pants when I was little, not to explore and oh by the way here is how you do it to orgasm. She knew I had a lot of growing up to do until sex entered the picture. Kids should be kids. Now teachers want kids to know all about sex before most other things, it seems. No childhood at all. Just crazy.

It use to be kids who thought a lot about sex and toughing themselves and knowing things way beyond their years was a sign of sex abuse and people would know to find out if they were being abused. Now a child can't even show signs of abuse since it will just be seen as normal info for them.

I think the perverts have taken over the schools.
Don't some teachers teach kids about inappropriate touching to keep the perverts away from the kids?

This is like how you right wingers are with gays. You are obsesed with things that scare you......like your own wee wees and vajay jays.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course you could. My mother almost did just that, in 1949. She changed her mind, but she did see the doctor. At the time she and my dad didn't have the most secure marriage, my sister and I were older, my sister was 17 and I was almost 12. We also had a little brother, barely a year old. He was planned, last pregnancy anything but planned. As it turned out, she just couldn't do it and 6 months later she delivered another little boy. He was Gods blessing to all of us.

Now, that being said, no one wants to return to the 50s but many would like to see, at least some abortions stopped. Regardless of how one feels about abortion and women's rights, how can anyone think aborting a baby that can live outside the womb isn't murder is beyond me. if you can carry your baby 5, 6 or more months, for heavens sake carry it the last few months and give it up for adoption. Don't some of you wonder why the illegitimacy rate was so much lower that many years ago and why so many did put their babies up for adoption? I know I wonder. Remember we didn't even have the pill or a morning after one.
Late term abortions (except for situations like the mother will die)are beyond horrific and they should be severely restricted. I figure the pregnant woman had several months to abort. I also have a serious issue with women who use abortion like birth control. It was never intended for a woman to have several abortions.

Part of the reason the illegitimacy was lower back then was for the simple reason that people were far more careful who they slept with and also worried about disgracing the family with an unwed child. Plus of course there wasn't the welfare problem we have today. So now people think if they have a kid no one will care (because of course we are told this is acceptable when it shouldn't be)and they can get free welfare. As a result of all of this we now have out of wedlock rates that are becoming more common than having children in wedlock, we have a society of "baby mamas" and "baby daddies" that breed with someone then move onto the next person, often with the end result of a fatherless child. A fatherless child ends up often in trouble, including gangs.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:43 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Late term abortions (except for situations like the mother will die)are beyond horrific and they should be severely restricted.
the are. only 10 states allow late term abortion and have severe restrictions as to why they can be performed

Quote:
I figure the pregnant woman had several months to abort.
Many women do not find out till partway into their third month that they are pregnant. Some women will continue to menstruate even after getting pregnant (this happened to my aunt, she didn't realize she was pregnant until her fourth month, despite having her menstrual cycle).

Quote:
I also have a serious issue with women who use abortion like birth control. It was never intended for a woman to have several abortions.
and we were never intended to drink milk from a cow. Yet, we drink more milk from cows than our own mother's milk.

Everything is subject ot abuse by someone, but that doesn't mean we go an outlaw it, to stop the small percentage of women who do use it as a form of birth control.

and beyond that ITS NONE of your business as to why a woman gets an abortion. Her reason is only shared between her, her spouse/boyfriend if needed, and her doctor.

and who cares what it was like back then. Women were treated as a non-equal, expected to stay home, looked down upon and treated like property.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
the are. only 10 states allow late term abortion and have severe restrictions as to why they can be performed

Many women do not find out till partway into their third month that they are pregnant. Some women will continue to menstruate even after getting pregnant (this happened to my aunt, she didn't realize she was pregnant until her fourth month, despite having her menstrual cycle).

and we were never intended to drink milk from a cow. Yet, we drink more milk from cows than our own mother's milk.

Everything is subject ot abuse by someone, but that doesn't mean we go an outlaw it, to stop the small percentage of women who do use it as a form of birth control.

and beyond that ITS NONE of your business as to why a woman gets an abortion. Her reason is only shared between her, her spouse/boyfriend if needed, and her doctor.

and who cares what it was like back then. Women were treated as a non-equal, expected to stay home, looked down upon and treated like property.
But there is a difference between drinking cow's milk and aborting. Aborting is killing a human life and that is something both sides agree on. Whether it is justified or not is another story.

As for women and equality, women are often still treated unfairly, only now some expect her to work a full time job and clean and cook. Also, many men today don't have the sense of obligation back then to stick with her. Now many pump and dump.

It is my business if taxpayers are paying for her abortion. Otherwise, no but I still think those who use it as birth control make it bad for everyone.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
But there is a difference between drinking cow's milk and aborting.
Again, you can't read. I said were were never INTENDED to drink cows milk. That was in reply to your post about how women never intended to have several abortions (you'd be wrong, because naturally a woman's body will abort. Its called a miscarriage).

Quote:
Aborting is killing a human life and that is something both sides agree on.
Wrong on both counts. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy; the removal of a zygote, fertilized egg or fetus that has the potential to become a human life.

Again Nature is the biggest abortionist on this planet. Women across the world experience more miscarriages than voluntary abortion in a given year.

Quote:
Whether it is justified or not is another story.
and will remain none of your business.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Again, you can't read. I said were were never INTENDED to drink cows milk. That was in reply to your post about how women never intended to have several abortions (you'd be wrong, because naturally a woman's body will abort. Its called a miscarriage).
I can read just fine and there is a difference between the two. A miscarriage is different than abortion.

Quote:
Wrong on both counts. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy; the removal of a zygote, fertilized egg or fetus that has the potential to become a human life.
It is still a human life, I didn't say anything about whether it was a zygote, embryo or fetus but all are different stages of human life.

Quote:
Again Nature is the biggest abortionist on this planet. Women across the world experience more miscarriages than voluntary abortion in a given year.
But that is what happens, abortion is intentionally removing the fetus.

Quote:
and will remain none of your business.
It is my business if tax dollars go towards it.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I can read just fine and there is a difference between the two. A miscarriage is different than abortion.
apparently you can't. You still don't understand that you stated:

Women were never intended to have several abortions.
Humans were never intended to drink milk from a cow.

And you'd be wrong, because Women across the world experience more natural abortions than voluntary abortions in a given year. They are called miscarriages

So yes, the human body was intended to have several abortions. Many women can experience more than one miscarriage in their life.

Quote:
It is still a human life, I didn't say anything about whether it was a zygote, embryo or fetus but all are different stages of human life.
No it isn't. It has no life. Its a zygote that is only surviving because of the mother. A woman has the right to decide whether to have an organism live in her body.

Quote:
But that is what happens, abortion is intentionally removing the fetus.
No, abortion is the act of termination of a pregnancy. that can happen naturally (miscarriage) or with medical help.

Quote:
It is my business if tax dollars go towards it.
just as your tax money goes to help the poor, homeless and those on welfare, its one of those things that will remain none of your business.

and no tax money can be used to fund abortion, so your argument is moot.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:45 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
The ant-choice crowd is always the anti-science, anti-regulation, anti-gun control, anti-everything crowd...everything with the exception of keeping your faces out of the wombs and lives of others. You're also FOS calling yourselves pro-life, you do not have one iota of concern or compassion for the fetus once it is outside of the womb. Show me the protests ouside of fertility centers....btw. Oh yeah, kdis that were killed due to gun violence don't measure up to an embryo because there is still not enough of those murdered kids to meeet your quota for the issue to be relevant. Take your BS and shove it where the sun don't shine. Nobody buys your self-righteous hypocrisy.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-28-2013 at 01:53 PM..

Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Maybe we should just agree with them and up the ante.
PP and the liberals are encouraging the elimination of human babies in order to usher in a new, reptilian Super-race, so we can look forward to a better and brighter tomorrow under the thumbs of the omniscient Overlords!
How's that?
(Watch. Some moron will run to another board and say "Guess what I just heard?"
You are terrible !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies