Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Islamic immigration to the United States be stopped or banned?
Yes, ban all Islamic immigration 172 49.14%
Yeah, but only stop it temporarily 17 4.86%
No 161 46.00%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:03 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Muslims treat women like property, and want them to cover up lest a man should lust after them. They see homosexuals as abominations. Do we really want to let more people of this mindest come here when so much progress has been made in these areas? And for what? A fairy tale. We already have enough people here who believe in fairy tales. The last thing we need is more.
WOW!!! I must be worth a gazillion dollars and covered in pure silk sheets.

Talk about believing in fairy tales - you are living in your own fairy tale.

I laugh at people who speak from the orifice that is below the waist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 10:05 AM

690 posts, read 963,809 times
the crazy thing is they deny gays exist in their society, yet dancing boys?

Old 07-28-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
the crazy thing is they deny gays exist in their society, yet dancing boys?
Are you felling like a wall flower?? What happened, no one signed your dance card??

Have you ever been to a Jewish wedding?

I love this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1weDjpXhCE

Old 07-28-2013, 10:13 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Again, it depends on what you are personally defining "sharia law" as, because there is no consensus on it meaning anything specific. None. Perhaps you have heard otherwise, but do consider your sources if that is the case.

would you want to be governed by a law that nobody understands, an is so vague that the meaning can differ from group to group.. not me..!!!

Wajahat Ali: Understanding Sharia Law

And I may have mistakenly assumed you were for banning Muslim immigration (either permanently or "temporarily"). If so, I apologize. But if I was right and you are for preventing Muslims from immigrating here, that means you are for taking action against people based solely on their religious beliefs, which would make you no better than religious extremists, IMO.

the only Muslims I would not want to immigrate would be the ones that fully live by "sharia"

Old 07-28-2013, 10:39 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
would you want to be governed by a law that nobody understands, an is so vague that the meaning can differ from group to group.. not me..!!!
The point is that you are opposed to something even you admit you don't know the meaning of. But you're making very little sense here; how can a law even begin to be enacted or enforced... if no one can articulate the law in the first place? Specific interpretations of Sharia Law, you probably have every moral right to oppose. I don't know for sure, because you haven't specified anything. You're not targeting specific interpretations of Sharia Law; you're targeting the concept of Sharia Law itself, and therefore Muslims in general. And there's really no call for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the only Muslims I would not want to immigrate would be the ones that fully live by "sharia"
?... They all believe they are living by Sharia Law, because all it is is the notion that you are living according to your deity's will. No Muslim is going to say, "Oh, I'm not such an extremist that I live by the will of my God"! "Muslims who live by Sharia Law" includes Muslims who are 100% for peace and tolerance as well as their extremist counterparts who want to kill everybody for having different beliefs.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Are you felling like a wall flower?? What happened, no one signed your dance card??

Have you ever been to a Jewish wedding?

I love this video:

Arabs v Jews Dance-Off - YouTube
u musta misunderstood http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...SwS_story.html

Old 07-28-2013, 11:00 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
WOW!!! I must be worth a gazillion dollars and covered in pure silk sheets.

Talk about believing in fairy tales - you are living in your own fairy tale.

I laugh at people who speak from the orifice that is below the waist.
Are you Muslim? Just wondering where your ME information/opinion comes from.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:07 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
The point is that you are opposed to something even you admit you don't know the meaning of. But you're making very little sense here; how can a law even begin to be enacted or enforced... if no one can articulate the law in the first place? Specific interpretations of Sharia Law, you probably have every moral right to oppose. I don't know for sure, because you haven't specified anything. You're not targeting specific interpretations of Sharia Law; you're targeting the concept of Sharia Law itself, and therefore Muslims in general. And there's really no call for it.

?... They all believe they are living by Sharia Law, because all it is is the notion that you are living according to your deity's will. No Muslim is going to say, "Oh, I'm not such an extremist that I live by the will of my God"! "Muslims who live by Sharia Law" includes Muslims who are 100% for peace and tolerance as well as their extremist counterparts who want to kill everybody for having different beliefs.

all I need to know about sharia is what is happening in muslim dominated countries, especially the middle east. you cant drink alcohol in sharia dominated countries.. would you want such a law here in the usa.. not me !!! last post on subject..

Old 07-28-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
Oh, I see, you aren't labeling ALL Muslims. You are referring to some obscure village in Afghanistan where they live as if it's the 18th Century as your reference.

You do know that the same thing happens in India? in the US? in Germany? In the Netherlands?

It's called human trafficking. Do I need to explain to you how that works?

I've never read about a group of Muslims in the US who were arrested for human trafficking. I've read about pedophiles and they all seem to be white men. I'm sure if there was a Muslim involved it would have been pointed out in the news. I've also read about Catholic priests who have a proclivity for molesting little boys.

Good to know that the US is populated with nothing but good moral upstanding citizens of all faiths, except for those Muzzies.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Oh, I see, you aren't labeling ALL Muslims. You are referring to some obscure village in Afghanistan where they live as if it's the 18th Century as your reference.

You do know that the same thing happens in India? in the US? in Germany? In the Netherlands?

It's called human trafficking. Do I need to explain to you how that works?

I've never read about a group of Muslims in the US who were arrested for human trafficking. I've read about pedophiles and they all seem to be white men. I'm sure if there was a Muslim involved it would have been pointed out in the news. I've also read about Catholic priests who have a proclivity for molesting little boys.

Good to know that the US is populated with nothing but good moral upstanding citizens of all faiths, except for those Muzzies.
no, but the point is they are denying gays exist, even when they are sexing young boys out in the open
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies