Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Islamic immigration to the United States be stopped or banned?
Yes, ban all Islamic immigration 172 49.14%
Yeah, but only stop it temporarily 17 4.86%
No 161 46.00%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 07:31 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Thanks for your opinion.

As per the poll, it looks like the majority does not share your opinion.
And that means what? That a majority of the people answering are either frightened, xenophobic, or buy into the holy war. As a man of true compassion, I am in the minority a lot. That won't make me stop being compassionate and caring about other people.

ETA: That's not much of a majority...haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 08:04 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,997,640 times
Innocent Muslims should not be treated like they're guilty just because they share the same religion as a few people who are guilty. Aside from that, the chances of a particular Muslim being a terrorist are extremely slim, and there's also the matter of non-Muslim terrorists.

There is also the matter of determining who is and is not "Islamic", considering that conversions do take place, and Muslims would likely pretend to convert to other religions in order to gain entry. How would that factor be handled? I can think of no solution other than banning immigration from anyone who had ever been a Muslim, even true apostates, which would be even more idiotic than the original proposal.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:05 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Perhaps we should ban all immigration, and make the ban retroactive to 1500.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:45 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
And that means what? That a majority of the people answering are either frightened, xenophobic, or buy into the holy war. As a man of true compassion, I am in the minority a lot. That won't make me stop being compassionate and caring about other people.

And yet very similar numbers in the Popular Vote got Obama enough Electoral Votes to win the Presidency for his second term.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:53 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
Quote:
And yet very similar numbers in the Popular Vote got Obama enough Electoral Votes to win the Presidency for his second term.
Yep. He won by a slim margin. I was undecided in the last election until the very end. I was STILL undecided even after I cast my vote. What does this have to do with banning people from coming in to the US because they are labeled "Muslim"? Less than 1% of Muslims commit extremist acts, so you advocate we ban them all. It makes no sense whether you are in the majority on a pithy Internet poll or not. In fact, I argue the opposite: Allowing Muslim immigration to the west opens up the flow for moderation to spread back into the more conservative countries via word of mouth and connection. Some may demonize countires like Saudi Arabia and Iran, but the western ideals that immigrants send back to families and friends is changing the younger generation to be much more vocal against the conservative minority and that minority's vice grip on setting policy.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:22 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,257,302 times
We should not stop or ban it. Sharia law is what should be banned. Look at what is happening in England.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:44 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
We should not stop or ban it. Sharia law is what should be banned. Look at what is happening in England.
Rather, folks should look at what's happening across the EU. The concession that multiculturalism does not work, most especially with immigrant Muslims, is finally sinking in.

The Beginning of the End of European Multiculturalism :: Gatestone Institute

Old 08-03-2013, 05:32 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Quote:
Thanks for your opinion.

As per the poll, it looks like the majority does not share your opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post

Very well said! So when the fearmongering and overdramatizing tactics don't work for these people, they try appealing to the concept of majority rule. Pathetic! Why don't bigots at least get a strong argument together before posting this stuff?

Old 08-03-2013, 10:00 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Sharia law is already banned, as of 1791 to be exact, except in the case of people who voluntarily agree to follow it.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:07 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Nothing wrong with immigration bureaucrats having an unwritten rule that curbs Islamic migration into North America- Europe regrets it...They don't have to know and it does not have to be made public...If you list your religion as Muslim...you get put to the bottom of the pile...We have just enough Muslims - we don't need more- As I said - In Europe - ghettos of Muslims have formed who hate secularists and Christians and Jews...You don't want TO MANY people in your house who hate you...Once you are out numbered - Our culture disappears...it math.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies