Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Islamic immigration to the United States be stopped or banned?
Yes, ban all Islamic immigration 172 49.14%
Yeah, but only stop it temporarily 17 4.86%
No 161 46.00%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 10:41 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
So, based on this poll half of all CDers (and probably a reflection of US citizenry as a whole) are clueless maroons? Sounds about right.

Way to go corp media. Mission accomplished.
See what is going on in Europe and the Middle East and then come back.... Open your eyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 11:05 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
There is an online petition to stop and ban immigration from Islamic nations to the United States after the Boston bombings and other radical Muslim terror against the U.S. and the west.

What do you think?
US Constitution says no.

Yes, for the most part most of the Islamic practitioners moving into the country aren't citizens just yet, but what about when they get their green card? The US Constitution guarantees Freedom of Religion.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:10 PM

38 posts, read 27,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
US Constitution says no.
It does? Where?

Congress can ban anybody/any nation they deem from entering the US as Congress and only Congress has authority over immigration.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:15 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,624 times
Quote:
US Constitution says no.

Yes, for the most part most of the Islamic practitioners moving into the country aren't citizens just yet, but what about when they get their green card? The US Constitution guarantees Freedom of Religion.
The U.S. Constitution does not apply to Immigration Policy. That is to say, those who the U.S. allows to immigrate.

There is nothing in law that precludes the U.S. from denying anyone who wants to immigrate to the U.S.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:33 PM

537 posts, read 740,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
See what is going on in Europe and the Middle East and then come back.... Open your eyes
What people "see" depends largely on media sources. I "see" a bunch of false flag events. It's all crap. We're being manipulated and I, for one, am not drinking the KoolAid. Every time the media says "look over there" I turn around 180-degrees. There's the real story. Don't pay any attention to that man behind the curtain, kids. Whatever. It ain't about the Muslims. They are the patsies -- not the players. Too bad most 'Muricans can't get past the first layer of the onion.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus Black View Post
It does? Where?

Congress can ban anybody/any nation they deem from entering the US as Congress and only Congress has authority over immigration.
Freedom of Religion once these Islamic people become Green Card citizens.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
The U.S. Constitution does not apply to Immigration Policy. That is to say, those who the U.S. allows to immigrate.

There is nothing in law that precludes the U.S. from denying anyone who wants to immigrate to the U.S.
Yet you completely overlook the fact that I state this only applies to those with their Green cards.

A Green card American is still an American and the US Constitution applies to them, so as I said - the US Constitution says no.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,624 times
Quote:
Yet you completely overlook the fact that I state this only applies to those with their Green cards.

A Green card American is still an American and the US Constitution applies to them, so as I said - the US Constitution says no.
I answered the question implicitly. You just didn't understand the answer. So let me explain it to you... Until the foreign national steps foot into the U.S., they do not possess U.S. Constitutional Rights. The moment the foreign national does, they do possess certain Constitutional Rights, including the 1st Amendment.

Thus the key is, don't let the foreign national step foot into the U.S.; i.e., immigration policy.

The SCOTUS ruled on this a long time ago. The matter is settled.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:40 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,825 times
As long as they are not radical Muslims and they know English and are willing to work and pay taxes and not mooch off welfare than I'm fine with it.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
I answered the question implicitly. You just didn't understand the answer. So let me explain it to you... Until the foreign national steps foot into the U.S., they do not possess U.S. Constitutional Rights. The moment the foreign national does, they do possess certain Constitutional Rights, including the 1st Amendment.

Thus the key is, don't let the foreign national step foot into the U.S.; i.e., immigration policy.

The SCOTUS ruled on this a long time ago. The matter is settled.
Let me quote something for you:
Quote:
what about when they get their green card? The US Constitution guarantees Freedom of Religion.
That is from my initial statement. You chose to gloss over that. My statement comes from *when* a foreign national receives their Green Card and becomes an American citizen.

Congress *may* have the power to ban certain people from immigrating into the US, but they never will do it. The backlash they'll receive would be insane and put a damper onto the US moreso than they already have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies