Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 11:24 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times

Advertisements

You need an ID to cash a check.

Yes, you do.

You come to me at my check cashing business, I NEED ID. If you don't have any, go away. Even the slugs of the slugs of society have ID.

So spare me the BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
We do know that it happens, it's a proven fact that voter/election fraud is real but it's extremely hard to prove because of how weak our election security is in this country.

You're continuing to do this round and round BS about Tempest's comment when you know what I was pointing out. Tempest claimed clearly that you need an ID to register to vote, that was in the context of claiming that we don't need voter ID laws since people have already shown IDs to register.
The argument was not whether voter fraud happens, it is about the specific type you named,which is dead people being used to vote. It does not happen. The 1 case i remember FOX bringing up ended up being a simple misunderstanding where a poll worker marked the wrong name ( exp. a poll worker marks John A. Smith instead of John D. Smith).. But again, you change your argument to frame your own point. By the way, guess which major party just had 4 of its officials arrested for voter fraud,3 more being investigated for it and one in jail for it. (hint: it wasnt the Democrats)

As for the tempest's comment.... You are the one claiming DemocratS are continuing to make a claim yet you still have provided no examples, and the one example someone else posted was taken out of context and was in and of itself wrong because you dont need an ID in every state to register to vote. And even if it was true, the point of Tempest's comment was to point out the hypocrisy of the right, which you are embodying with every post. For the very same reason you are calling Democrats hypocrites, it makes you one.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You need an ID to cash a check.

Yes, you do.

You come to me at my check cashing business, I NEED ID. If you don't have any, go away. Even the slugs of the slugs of society have ID.

So spare me the BS.
i have a bank account, no ID needed

didnt use ID when i signed up for it either, just SSN.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Maybe you should tell your illogical leftist buddies that since they seem to be mistaken.
See, there you go again talking in plurality when in reality there is only one example of a person saying you are required to have an ID to vote.

Heck the comment you just quoted came after 4 different leftist told you that ID is not required to register. You are purposefully being ignorant.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:05 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
See, there you go again talking in plurality when in reality there is only one example of a person saying you are required to have an ID to vote.

Heck the comment you just quoted came after 4 different leftist told you that ID is not required to register. You are purposefully being ignorant.
It's been said by more than one person here on CD in the last couple days.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:18 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
i have a bank account, no ID needed

didnt use ID when i signed up for it either, just SSN.
Did I say anything about having ID for a bank account?

I didn't.

Since you brought it up, what kind of a sketchy bank let's you do that and with only an SS#? It could be anyone's SS#.

An e-bank?

Old 04-28-2013, 07:50 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
How would we ever know if we have no way of proving it is or isn't serious?
Assumes facts not in evidence. The investigation of voter fraud does not require, nor is it facilitated in any significant way by an ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow
How will we ever know if Democrats fight every effort that is ever made to make it easier to find fraud?
Strawman. Democrats oppose Voter ID laws, not voter fraud investigations.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:54 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
So enacting a photo voter ID program which would require a person to use a gov. issued voter ID in order to place their vote wouldn't make our elections more secure?
Based on the actual incidents of voter fraud that have been reported (a tiny number, I know) no. None of the actual examples provided would have been ameliorated in the least by Voter ID laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow
You know damned well that it would help detect voter fraud, you just don't like the byproduct of that happening which is less voter fraud.
I know no such thing. It is my considered opinion that the only genuine purpose and effect of Voter ID laws is to prevent legitimate voting by groups that traditionally vote liberal/Democratic. I believe Voter ID laws to be a cynical partisan effort at vote suppression. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:46 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I know no such thing. It is my considered opinion that the only genuine purpose and effect of Voter ID laws is to prevent legitimate voting by groups that traditionally vote liberal/Democratic. I believe Voter ID laws to be a cynical partisan effort at vote suppression. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else.
How can legislation that applies to everyone equally only have a negative affect on certain groups of people? If the legislation provided IDs free of charge for those who can't afford one there's no grounds to claim it would more greatly affect certain groups. If everyone in every state is required to present a voter ID in order to vote how can it be unfair?

There's simply no facts to back up your claim.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
It's been said by more than one person here on CD in the last couple days.
maybe it have been, but you havent posted any proof. Its not that hard to search it and find examples if they exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies