Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 03:54 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,294 times

Advertisements

I hear the usual suspects- GOP congressmen, Neocon "experts" from W's disastrous admin, and assorted Israeli spys in the media trying to steamroll Obama into getting the US military involved in Syria. "He's gassing his own people!!!"

I'm sure the GOP would just loooove to see Obama tangled up in his own kite strings, even if it kills American troops. And Israel won't be happy until we've done ALL their dirty work, and Eratz Israel is one big Miami Beach.

BUT... I gotta feeling the average American (like me ) has HAD IT with policing the ME.

(Plus... unlike Bush, Obama's not a moron )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 04:00 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I hear the usual suspects- GOP congressmen, Neocon "experts" from W's disastrous admin, and assorted Israeli spys in the media trying to steamroll Obama into getting the US military involved in Syria. "He's gassing his own people!!!"

I'm sure the GOP would just loooove to see Obama tangled up in his own kite strings, even if it kills American troops. And Israel won't be happy until we've done ALL their dirty work, and Eratz Israel is one big Miami Beach.

BUT... I gotta feeling the average American (like me ) has HAD IT with policing the ME.

Hmmm...I heard Obama talking about crossing a red line.

Seems like the guy who couldn't wait to get us into a war in Libya and sees no reason to leave Afghanistan is the one liking for a fight in Syria.

Hagel was the first to confirm the startling news. He read from a prepared statement: "The Syrian regime has used chemical weapons on a small scale in Syria, specifically the chemical agent sarin."

But Hagel, consistent with administration policy, laced his announcement with carefully crafted caveats. Hagel said, "We still have uncertainties about what was used, what kind of chemicals was used, where it was used, who used it."

Secretary of State John Kerry told lawmakers that Syria used chemical weapons twice last month, once near Damascus and once in Aleppo. Victims appeared to have been gassed.

Mr. Obama has repeatedly said Syrian use of chemical weapons would cross a red line and could move the U.S. closer to military intervention in the Syrian civil war.

Mr. Obama said on Aug. 20, 2012, "A red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...s-not-crossed/

That sure is a whole lotta saber rattling.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:17 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,177 times
Quote:
I hear the usual suspects- GOP congressmen, Neocon "experts" from W's disastrous admin, and assorted Israeli spys in the media trying to steamroll Obama into getting the US military involved in Syria. "He's gassing his own people!!!" I'm sure the GOP would just loooove to see Obama tangled up in his own kite strings, even if it kills American troops. And Israel won't be happy until we've done ALL their dirty work, and Eratz Israel is one big Miami Beach. BUT... I gotta feeling the average American (like me ) has HAD IT with policing the ME.
[MOD CUT/personal attack]

Dianne Feinstein on Syria: “‘Red lines’ have been crossed” - Salon.com

Last time I checked, Sen. Feinstein is a democrat.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-28-2013 at 04:27 PM..

Old 04-28-2013, 04:22 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,001 times
McCaskill on US troops in Syria: Don't rule it out | The Daily Caller

Old 04-28-2013, 04:40 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,973 times
Quote:

^moronic post of the week haha^

Old 04-28-2013, 04:45 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Dam those neo lib warmongers trying to drag us in another ME war and occupation.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Wasn't it Obama that drew that "red line" ?
Put up or shut up.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:56 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Dam those neo lib warmongers trying to drag us in another ME war and occupation.
Warmongering bastards anyway!

Old 04-28-2013, 04:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
The Military Industrial Complex only believes in making war which equals money, the political affilation is not an issue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:57 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,634,135 times
If we intervene in Syria, I'm betting there will be some dumb loud cheering from both parties.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies