Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 06:31 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,557 times

Advertisements

My question is what is the definition of white? I'm a white Hispanic and you couldn't tell that I'm Hispanic until I start speaking Spanish so could I go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 08:33 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I honestly don't know the answer to the OP. One could also ask are there any other reasons to have Black universities other than racism?

they are HISTORICALLY black schools, but opened to everyone. anyone with even a 3rd grade understanding of history should know why they were created. they are, however, open to everyone. some even actively recruit non blacks.

Black Colleges Actively Recruiting Nonblack Students

White students drawn to black colleges - US news - Education | NBC News

Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I'd like to know just what makes you think that it any of your business what other people do....Some whites don't like blacks....tuff ****......some blacks don't like whites....tuff ****......BUT either way it's NONE of your business!!!!!!!! Keep your PC crap to yourself and we will have a better world!!!!!!!!
it's all over the news, but it's none of my business. if the blacks only prom had took place as well it would set a whole other narrative, but it seems there are a small (maybe not so small) group in this town still holding onto racism and calling it tradition. they have the right to be racist and I have the right to call out their racism. welcome to America.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
The blacks are having All black proms.
No complaints there though, am I right?
did they this year? please provide link. maybe they had one in the past because A)the school didn't have one and B) they weren't invited to the white one.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
The only blacks only thing I know of is the Nation of Islam. Every other black organization, even the Black Gangster Disciple Nation, has members of other races in it.
on Raleigh public television there is a white Hebrew Israelite who preaches. until I saw that I had always heard they were black only, but also classified as a hate group. I have heard of non blacks joining NOI.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
My understanding is there were high school students themselves who wanted to stop having the segregated prom. That was in the news recently, I haven't kept up. So they decided to do it anyway?
yeah, the white only prom went off with out a hitch despite there being a student and donor funded integrated prom open to all students.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
My question is what is the definition of white? I'm a white Hispanic and you couldn't tell that I'm Hispanic until I start speaking Spanish so could I go?
Who knows? Problem is I'm NOT joking. Tho back in the day some KKK members DID have Spanish last names.

Back the "white" prom thing; I'm quite sure pasty white skin Chinese could go since they're pretty damn "white" in color. Tho some racists are beyond hardcore and are flat stupid about things.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:16 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I see the Storm Front garbage truck backed up to this forum and again dumped its trash on the premises.
Yes because we all know black neighborhoods are generally the cleanest, safest, well kept areas to live in.
If they're not its because the white man has invaded, am I right?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Yes because we all know black neighborhoods are generally the cleanest, safest, well kept areas to live in.
^Exhibit A.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:06 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Why else would you be making sarcastic comments about Blacks? No one makes those comments unless they really didn't like Blacks at all. Most of the time, people often say those things out of their own resentment towards Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies