Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 03:21 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,066,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01 View Post
What I'm getting at is the fact that Jesus didn't say a word about building a church but his message about taking no thought for tomorrow and caring for the poor was plain. He also had little use for the rich. With nearly a billion, mostly children by default, starving and suffering from malnutrition the folks in the church couldn't care less. The only thing which exceeds their greed is their ignorance about the bible. They accept a few verses and ignore the rest.
God made Solomon rich.. God can make anyone rich if it wants.. there is NO SIN in being rich. God can bless them and God can curse them.. It is God who knows all and those that gain their wealth through evil deeds will not inherit the kingdom.. those that are blessed and have much wealth will enter into the kingdom..

Diligence, following righteousness , and being fair are all traits of those who will prosper. Being lazy, not working , folding of hands, slumber will bring one to poverty, greed and cheaters will be made poor. Those that get increase by fraud will never be able to enjoy it.

Psalm 112:5
It is well with the man who deals generously and lends, who conducts his affairs with justice.

Proverbs 10:4
Poor is he who works with a negligent hand, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.

Proverbs 11:1
A false balance is an abomination to the LORD, but a just weight is His delight.

Proverbs 13:4
The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the soul of the diligent is made fat.

Proverbs 13:11
Wealth obtained by fraud dwindles, but the one who gathers by labor increases it.

Proverbs 16:8
Better is a little with righteousness than great income with injustice.

Proverbs 22:16
He who oppresses the poor to make more for himself or who gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.

Jeremiah 22:13
Woe to him who builds his house without righteousness and his upper rooms without justice, who uses his neighbor’s services without pay and does not give him his wages.

Malachi 3:5
Then I will draw near to you for judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers and against the adulterers and against those who swear falsely, and against those who oppress the wage earner in his wages, the widow and the orphan, and those who turn aside the alien and do not fear Me, says the LORD of hosts.

Luke 16:10
He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.

Ephesians 6:9
And masters, do the same things to them, and give up threatening, knowing that both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.

1 Timothy 5:18
For the Scripture says, “Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain,” and “The worker deserves his wages.”

James 5:4
Look! The wages you failed to pay the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,465,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I'm discussing reality.

More bad stuff went into the air when Mt. Pinatubo erupted in the 1980's than all the fossil fuel pollution of the last 90 years, and still no catastrophe has occurred.

Humans are not responsible for global warming - and to the chagrin of the alarmists - the Earth is actually cooling.

"Global warming" is a political charade - it is a vehicle for liberals to expand regulation and central control.

In other words - it is a blueprint for the Democrats to turn the United States into North Korea.
Whoa.

Talk about your own private Idaho.....

Old 04-29-2013, 03:26 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,073,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Jesus was a hardcore liberal, and it sounds like the pastor is just speaking the lord's word.

If you want a hard right wing religion, try islam.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:28 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,066,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01 View Post
What I'm getting at is the fact that Jesus didn't say a word about building a church but his message about taking no thought for tomorrow and caring for the poor was plain. He also had little use for the rich. With nearly a billion, mostly children by default, starving and suffering from malnutrition the folks in the church couldn't care less. The only thing which exceeds their greed is their ignorance about the bible. They accept a few verses and ignore the rest.

Christians do feed the poor.. the also feed their spirit as well as their bodies. Jesus commanded all to go into the world and feed the sheep the gospel of Jesus Christ

All those today who do not work for the means of being lazy also by what the bible said , should not eat. If they live to be a taker and truly are not needy, but lazy and take that which should go to the truly needy are those who rob the poor.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:32 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,321,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Because the government is promoting sin through social issues. The church has a right to speak out against it. If they did not promote it then they would not hear from Christians. The government will be dictating immorality to the masses through special interest groups.
But isn't it awfully convenient when Jesus is only brought up with the things that YOU oppose. By "you" I'm speaking generally.

War, killing, greed, the unwealthy not being able to afford medical treatment, the unfair treatment of other races & religions, ALL go against Jesus' teachings.

Yet when was the last time in a conversation about immigration, for example, have you heard someone from the right say "WWJD"?

Old 04-29-2013, 03:33 PM

2,866 posts, read 3,620,744 times
Wow, what a twist!! I bet the politically correct people in this forum won't be complaining about his political ranting. My advice. If you don't like his ranting, tell him. If he persists, don't attend to his church. If enough parishners drop out he'll get the message or he'll lose his congregation.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:34 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,917,203 times
Well,

One of the biggest problems you have right off the bat is that you go to church. Religion is a corrupt system.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:44 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,465,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
But isn't it awfully convenient when Jesus is only brought up with the things that YOU oppose. By "you" I'm speaking generally.

War, killing, greed, the unwealthy not being able to afford medical treatment, the unfair treatment of other races & religions, ALL go against Jesus' teachings.

Yet when was the last time in a conversation about immigration, for example, have you heard someone from the right say "WWJD"?
I know I haven't. The only time I've heard the poor discussed Is when this verse is quoted: "those that do not work shall not eat". Which generally is taken as an excuse for not advocating or helping them. (Because hey, if you're poor, you must be lazy, right?) Not all christians, of course, just right wing ones.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:46 PM

196 posts, read 115,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, give it a rest! You quote the Old Testament, and then claim this is Christianity?
LOL...if you knew anything you would know that the new testament is a fullfilment of prophosies from the old testament. Jesus said he was not born to do away with the old testament but to fulfill it.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:49 PM

196 posts, read 115,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, give it a rest! You quote the Old Testament, and then claim this is Christianity?
LOL...if you knew anything you would know that the new testament is a fullfilment of prophecies from the old testament. Jesus said he was not born to do away with the old testament but to fulfill the predictions in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies