Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 04:37 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
LOL! I call you out on being judgemental and look what happens! For some reason I'm not feeling the love of Christ here.
You can't stand the word of God. that is why Jesus wound up on the cross.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova
Who are you but satan spouting bible verses. Go support deviate sex and the killing of babies.. you are a worthless case
Damn! What happened to "judge not lest ye be judged?"

What an awful, awful example of Christianity. If there is a hell, that's where you're going, mon ami.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

I try to live my life with compassion, acceptance, charity, love, and kindness. Give that a try; Jesus would be so happy.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
The only one I see on the cross is you.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What is this, projection? Guilt?
It is called conviction.. only those that have a spiritual side will feel the Holy Spirit of conviction in their lives. Jesus draws those to him. Whosoever comes to the cross will find forgiveness of sin.

Many people think their good works will get them to heaven. Loving everyone will get them to heaven.. no. It is not what Jesus said.. to truly love someone , they must hear the truth first.

If a child is playing with matches a parent will scold that child. and so it is with God. He scolds those with love.. and those who listen will become his sons and daughters.

It is a very simple message. The word righteous goes a long way.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
YOu toss the hate word around alot.. you must be a hater yourself if you think it is that easy to hate someone. Now come with the race card too.. that is all you got. no common sense from you democrats. none at all. shallow.. the race bait and the hate.. all you got..
Clearly English is not your native language, so you must not have been born here. You're not really being very logical either when you assume that because someone can see "hatred" in the written words of others that that means the person who is perceiving that hatred is full of hate. I'm only describing what I see.

Sometimes the "race card" is the only appropriate one because there is in fact racism abound in the world. Additionally, seems you don't really understand what common sense means.

I did notice how "conveniently" you evaded the questions about the wet foot/dry foot policy for Cubans and whether or not any other would-be immigrants should be allowed such a policy. Cubans most definitely get a "free ride" so to speak.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The only one I see on the cross is you.
Most of Jesus's deciples were put on the cross, some upside down because they did not want to be as Jesus because they were humbled and wanted to be crucified upside down as not feeling worthy to be upright as Jesus.

- Simon Peter was crucified upside down.
- Philip was also crucified upside down.
- Batholomew was flayed alive and then crucified upside down.
- Andrew was crucified on an X-shaped cross.
- James (son of Zebedee) was executed by sword.
- James (son of Alphaeus) was crucified and the body sawed to pieces.
- John died of natural causes.
- Matthew was possibly murdered.
- Simon the Canaanite was executed by saw.
- Judas Thomas was executed by spear.
- Judas Iscariot hanged himself.
- The details of the death of Jude (Thaddaeus) are unknown.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The sermon started out great today. The pastor was talking about how all living things, and even non-living things such as mountains, sing praises to the Lord just by being what they are meant to be.

Then he turned an excellent sermon into a political rant.

He started to say that humans are responsible for global warming, when this is still a controversial topic.

He mentioned Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth and even conceded that global warming has occurred in periods before fossil fuels, as Gore states in his book.

He said that Gore was mainly concerned with our own civilization - not the Earth - which will regenerate on its own - which makes it rather clear that Gore just wants to sell books and expand control and regulation, which is the wet dream of all liberals.
The pastor even mentioned Earth Day.

I thought that was the final straw, until he gave the benediction and said these words:

"Think globally, and live liberally".

This paragraph makes no sense. How will Earth regenerate if humans are thwarting its intent? Now if and when we become extinct, then the regeneration can take place. Ever see the "Life After People" on the History Channel? Now that is regeneration. I'm assuming that you added that selling book stuff.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Clearly English is not your native language, so you must not have been born here. You're not really being very logical either when you assume that because someone can see "hatred" in the written words of others that that means the person who is perceiving that hatred is full of hate. I'm only describing what I see.

Sometimes the "race card" is the only appropriate one because there is in fact racism abound in the world. Additionally, seems you don't really understand what common sense means.

I did notice how "conveniently" you evaded the questions about the wet foot/dry foot policy for Cubans and whether or not any other would-be immigrants should be allowed such a policy. Cubans most definitely get a "free ride" so to speak.
Why are you talking about Cubans?

Old 04-30-2013, 04:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
It is called conviction.. only those that have a spiritual side will feel the Holy Spirit of conviction in their lives. Jesus draws those to him. Whosoever comes to the cross will find forgiveness of sin.

Many people think their good works will get them to heaven. Loving everyone will get them to heaven.. no. It is not what Jesus said.. to truly love someone , they must hear the truth first.

If a child is playing with matches a parent will scold that child. and so it is with God. He scolds those with love.. and those who listen will become his sons and daughters.

It is a very simple message. The word righteous goes a long way.
It's not about "good works." It's about the Love of Christ. Do you just make a profession of faith, then you are able to do ANYTHING you want to do, and yet you are "saved"? All you have to do is ask for forgiveness? Yes? So you could go out and murder someone the week after your are "saved" or ten years after you are "saved" and all you have to do is ask for forgiveness and all is well.

Seems to me that IF you are drawn close to "Jesus" or "God," you would become "Love," just by virtue of that closeness, and a person then would not exhibit so much NEGATIVE judgement toward other humans. I'm wondering if you have "heard the truth," since your posts show a lot of very negative judgement toward so many different people. Did you miss the part about "God" being the one to "scold" because judging is his job? You don't have to become gay to love people who are gay..... and I'm sure Jesus would love gay people, and homeless people, and Mexicans, etc., etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies