Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 03:16 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,287,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
While I understand the point in fact the numbers are incorrect. To my knowledge the dough boy has not killed anyone, while terrorists actually have a body count. While the chance is low, it will always be greater compared to those with a history of deaths vs none.
It would be interesting to find out if you feel the same way about Joe Camel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 03:20 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,547,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
IMO, this was the goal of Al Queada. Get us to spend so much on defense that it breaks us financially. Once we are broke we can longer interfere in Middle Eastern affairs. 9/11 got us into perpetual warfare. That was bin Laden's plan all along. He learned this when the Soviets fell apart spending all their money in Afghanistan.

Only real question for me is how long before unending warfare breaks us?
Exactly this. The US cannot really be harmed from the outside, only from the inside.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,475,967 times
Hey, first they don't want assisted suicide. Now "death by doughboy" is going to be offlimits? What about those days when the news makes it impossible to go on? We all need our stash of refrigerator rolls for those days. Save the Doughboy!!!

Old 04-29-2013, 05:17 PM

382 posts, read 588,313 times
Stupid liberal thinking,, And you are also more likely to be killed by eating habits than by a crazy man with an AR. So it works both ways.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:37 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
IMO, this was the goal of Al Queada. Get us to spend so much on defense that it breaks us financially. Once we are broke we can longer interfere in Middle Eastern affairs. 9/11 got us into perpetual warfare. That was bin Laden's plan all along. He learned this when the Soviets fell apart spending all their money in Afghanistan.

Only real question for me is how long before unending warfare breaks us?
Do you agree that defense spending should be cut?

I don't think about terrorism too much. Sometimes I do because I can be neurotic about things, but usually I just live my life. Course, the people who were victims of terrorism probably had the same train of thought. I think that way about plane crashes too. Deathly afraid of flying, yet I'm told it's the safest way to travel. Sure, tell that to the people who thought the same thing & ended up in a plane crash. Dead.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:02 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...DfSeDttGMiw7iQ

As this article states, you are really in little or no danger statistically of ever being harmed in a terrorist attack which raises the question of why we are spending so much money and literally shredding the Constitution over something which does not really matter... think about it.

Im sure the parents of that 8 yr old kid slaughtered in Boston would like to have a word with you.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,475,967 times
I say "Bring on the Doughboy". I want to poke him (no you perverts, not that way!)

Old 04-29-2013, 11:48 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
I would say the PD boy isn't well in his doughy head either, since he seems to promote the idea the being felt up by TSA is warm and cuddly.

GEICO Dough Boy Commercial - Happier than the Pillsbury Doughboy on His Way to a Baking Convention - YouTube

Old 04-30-2013, 06:17 AM

602 posts, read 574,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
Stupid liberal thinking,, And you are also more likely to be killed by eating habits than by a crazy man with an AR. So it works both ways.

Also more likely to die due to an automobile...but they don't really care about people dying.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:04 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
So all those 2,000 people killed by terrorists on 9/11 were in actuality killed by the Pillsbury Dough Boy (who, unlike terrorists, doesn't exist)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies