Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Careful, you you can easily over tittilate the sexually repressed with words like that. Of course, that's why they post in the first place.
....and there you have it. The sexually repressed.
They don't like the idea of anyone having more sex than they are. Which is hardly any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 PM

688 posts, read 652,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I heard they are going to put this guy on the cover of SI like he's some kind of a hero or courageous or something.

Too bad he hedged his bets by waiting until the end of his career before "coming out".

That's like waiting until there is one bite left to return your hamburger at McDonalds because it's undercooked.

Personally, I think the guy is pretty gutless and deserves no attention at all.
He may be close to the end of his career, but his career isn't over. To equate being the first openly gay man in a major professional sport in the U.S., and to bear the burden that will come with, to a cold hamburger is not analogous.

Even if you believe him being gay is wrong, denying that this won't have major implications in his own life, but also the inspiration it will provide to young people (and, unfortunately the wide-spread disapproval of many, including teammates), then your being obtuse.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
This.

If idiots didn't make an issue out of it ("OMG WHY DOES HE HAVE TO COME OUT I DON'T CARE"), this wouldn't be news.
So the nightly news on every channel, ESPN, CNN FOX every broadcast and every newspaper who will have this in the headlines are all idiots?

Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I heard they are going to put this guy on the cover of SI like he's some kind of a hero or courageous or something.

Your wish of this gratitude for this noble athlete is granted

Old 04-29-2013, 09:59 PM

37,126 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I like his quote. It answers the question of "why come out?". People usually come out because others already know and it's just a matter of time before it becomes gossip anyway. So I ask, why not? It is what it is, nobody needs a better reason. I think the real issue is why it makes news and the answer to that is "because we make it so". 27 pages people...

Old 04-29-2013, 10:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Your wish of this gratitude for this noble athlete is granted

Since I don't follow any sport except hockey, I had no idea what he looks like.
he's cute.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:08 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I like his quote. It answers the question of "why come out?". People usually come out because others already know and it's just a matter of time before it becomes gossip anyway. So I ask, why not? It is what it is, nobody needs a better reason. I think the real issue is why it makes news and the answer to that is "because we make it so". 27 pages people...
His story is interesting as hell. Should be a good read in SI.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:11 PM

596 posts, read 729,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Exactly. I heard on one of the news shows today that he told someone he wanted it to become public knowledge on his terms, not through some gossip story on TMZ. He has every right to handle the situation as he sees fit. Those who don't want to hear about it can ignore it and move on to stories that actually interest them. There are countless stories that I ignore everyday because I don't give a rat's a/s/s about the topic. I don't know why these folks can't do the same.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Since I don't follow any sport except hockey, I had no idea what he looks like.
he's cute.
He has a twin brother who I believe is straight. So there ya go.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:35 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I rest my case.

Jason Collins -- And The First Pro Athlete to Make a Homophobic Tweet Is ... | TMZ.com

Anyone that says anything that is glowing gets demonized and labeled as scared of homos. Free speech does not exist anymore. What he said wasnt even bad. Yet, since it dared not to be glowing, Wallace gets slammed and labeled. ********* media and the rest of you.

Again, it takes courage to speak unflattering of homos, not to "come out".
It takes courage to be a bigot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies