Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 06:15 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
This path usually winds up with...I don't care its my life and I will spread disease if I want to. Theres no common sense or morals at all in this gay world.
Two monogamous, STD free homosexuals spread disease at the same rate as two monogamous, STD free heterosexuals.

Having "gay sex" does not spread STDs, having unprotected, un safe, promiscuous sex does. Both heteros and homosexuals do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 06:23 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
The gay guys fueled aids to what it is today and continue to do so, a known scientific fact....
start from there if you want to develop a point.
I guess you forgot about the entire continent of Africa, where AIDS is primarily a hetero disease.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:42 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Two monogamous, STD free homosexuals spread disease at the same rate as two monogamous, STD free heterosexuals.

Having "gay sex" does not spread STDs, having unprotected, un safe, promiscuous sex does. Both heteros and homosexuals do that.
Apparently gays have that type of sex in greater percentages than heteros.

On the topic of Collins, this is the most overblown story since 2 weeks ago when North Korea was about to nuke us. I'd get it if LeBron James or Peyton Manning or Derek Jeter or even a retired player of some renown self-outed. Collins is a barely known player who's career was probably over. Good for him as an individual who decided to live openly as he is. As a sports story or its impact on gays in major sports, it's on a par with a figure skater announcing he's gay.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,771,820 times
Will it ruin pro sports? Not likely. It may open up new opportunities for Collins, who is currently a free agent and has played for six different teams in his 12 year career.

This will rile up the usual suspects, please others, but most basketball fans will care more about where he puts the ball than where he puts his reproductive organ. This guy apparently wasn't a flamboyant or effeminate personality before, and I doubt that will change now. Of course, the NBA put up with Dennis Rodman for quite a while, so flamboyant isn't necessarily frowned upon.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Oh my God! professional athletics has gay players! It is the end of the world! No straight people will watch sports because they will be contaminated with the gay disease! Oh horrors!

Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
I find it ironic that those who insist that gays have the same rights to marry as straight people because they can marry - as long as they marry someone of the opposite sex - are now the same ones who are crying "foul" because this young man had a girlfriend.

Unless you were a fly on the wall, you (none of us) know what went on in that relationship. I don't find it odd at all that a young gay man living a life in the spotlight of pro sports would try to give the appearance of living a certain lifestyle (hetero). In other words, he was living a lie (like all those gays some of you think should enter into marriages with people of the opposite sex) and they both could have been miserable. In fact, just the fact that they never did marry indicates there was something not right about their relationship. How lucky for both of them that no marriage took place!

But then, again, we've seen it time and time again the posters here who think gays should live their lives as this young man was apparently trying to do - as a lie, denying who they really are, not just being miserable and unhappy themselves but also making the unfortunate spouse just as miserable and unhappy.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Other professional athletes support Jamie: Other than tweet I shared by Magic and the Red Soxs here is some more support:

In support of Jamie, Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish will act as liaisons between Athlete Ally and the ATP and speak out against homophobia in sports and encourage their colleagues to do the same. http://tennis.si.com/2013/04/30/andy...-athlete-ally/

Old 05-01-2013, 12:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
That is a serious situation.

What is a serious situation is the fear and hate and misinformation that is spread by some members of the religious right. And the way you want to treat gays is down right scary.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:18 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I agree with this, why tell everyone? Most heterosexuals don't broadcast their sexual preference around the world, why should gays?
There are alot of factors. But I am sure Jason has his own reasoning.
Bear in mind that I am not Jason Collins. But maybe he does that to come out clean like what everybody said. He might also have other people in mind. He probably wants LGBT kids to have role model, and he wants them to know that "it will get better".
Or maybe he got pressured by the LGBT community to come out.

And not all LGBT people broadcast their sexuality out there, like Jodie Foster.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:41 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Heterosexuals don't broadcast their preference? I beg to differ. It is generally impossible to spend more than three minutes with a person who is in a relationship without seeing or hearing something that makes it obvious that they are part of a couple. In my case, my wedding ring and my children, one of more of whom are nearly always with me, make it very clear that I am straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies