Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 12:01 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
So females arent allowed in locker rooms during certain times. Should now gays be not allowed and given their own dressing/shower area? Its a fair question. I wouldnt want to be in a locker room type area with a gay man. Its unfair to teammates.
Do you go to the gym? Then you've undoubtedly already been in a locker room with a gay man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 12:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I rest my case.

Jason Collins -- And The First Pro Athlete to Make a Homophobic Tweet Is ... | TMZ.com

Anyone that says anything that is glowing gets demonized and labeled as scared of homos. Free speech does not exist anymore. What he said wasnt even bad. Yet, since it dared not to be glowing, Wallace gets slammed and labeled. ********* media and the rest of you.

Again, it takes courage to speak unflattering of homos, not to "come out".
Homosexuality is shunned in the sports world, that is proven by all the athletes who talk about it in interviews. Your argument has been completely based on how the outside media looks at it, but you have no idea of how this players teammates will look at it. your argument has no basis in the players profession.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:02 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A punter no less. You notice in the NFL the real stars generally stay away from the media?
I'm sure that's why it was always so hard to find out what Joe Namath was doing with his life: he totally stayed away from the media, huh?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
oh well

Old 04-29-2013, 12:06 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Do you go to the gym? Then you've undoubtedly already been in a locker room with a gay man.
Watch out for the ones snapping the wet towels.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:08 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Veteran NBA Center Jason Collins:

The floodgates will now be opened. One can only wonder where this will lead. Will this diminish the stature of professional athletes? Will straight children now look to gay men as role models? What happens when players on opposite sides of the ball are married to each other? We have brothers facing each other now, but husbands and "wives"?
My goodness. How on earth would it "diminish" the stature of professional athletes? There are successful gays in every profession - why would professional athletics be any different?

Will straight children look to gay men as role models? I'd hope that all children look to good people as role models. Straight or gay. I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Nah. I know better. My best bud in VietNam was a gay guy - every bit a "man". We went through a lot of sh$$ together and we had each other's back. But, his biggest fear was not getting killed over there, but that his parents would find out he was gay. Interesting world we live in...
Well, then don't worry what others think.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:22 PM

67 posts, read 67,998 times
Quote:

The floodgates will now be opened. One can only wonder where this will lead. Will this diminish the stature of professional athletes? Will straight children now look to gay men as role models? What happens when players on opposite sides of the ball are married to each other? We have brothers facing each other now, but husbands and "wives"?
People don't attend sports to watch the athletes make out with each other. The sexual orientation of a professional athlete is a non-issue!

Old 04-29-2013, 12:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

He's not the first gay guy in major sports that came out of the closet.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:23 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
How is it different?
One is accepted and the other not quite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies