Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 03:47 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times

Advertisements

The GOP is finally coming around to social issues. Pretty soon, the Democrats will be extremely unpopular as their statist, anti business rhetoric will do them in. The GOP has had their come to Jesus assessment, fortunately for them, they are starting to change their stance on social issues. Unfortunately, I don't see the Democrats changing their statist, rich-hating, anti-entrepreneurial, anti business rhetoric. The shift will begin in 2014 when they get booted out of the senate once the American people realize obamacare is a disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 03:50 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,978 times
Not all Democrats hate the rich, or entrepreneurial people anymore than all Republicans aren't gay hating, anti-choice crazy people.

I'm leaning Democratic even though I am a registered Republican for support for high speed rail, infrastructure spending, availability of student aid.

I prefer the Republicans on 2nd amendment issues and the fact that I hope they will rein in the TSA.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:51 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The GOP is finally coming around to social issues. Pretty soon, the Democrats will be extremely unpopular as their statist, anti business rhetoric will do them in. The GOP has had their come to Jesus assessment, fortunately for them, they are starting to change their stance on social issues. Unfortunately, I don't see the Democrats changing their statist, rich-hating, anti-entrepreneurial, anti business rhetoric. The shift will begin in 2014 when they get booted out of the senate once the American people realize obamacare is a disaster.
Just so you know, the tooth fairy doesn't reside on city data.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:56 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,553,133 times
Bullcrap, In case you haven't noticed , Democrats are Socially LIBERAL!! Therefore, your post makes no sense. Also, Democrats are not Anti rich, anti bushiness, they just don't think a business should be deregulated to the point where things are unethical, and so jobs aren't running over seas. Also, Democrats just want people, especially wealthy people, and buisinesses, who have used our infrastructure to gain wealth, to just pay in more to help maintain that infrastructure, and help the less fortunate.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:38 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Only to people who aren't politically savvy do social issues matter a lot. They don't, social issues are a distractions. Guns, gays, and abortion are all distractions to the fact that both parties want to gut Social Security, Medicare, etc. Republicans are not going to win on more liberal social issues. The UK Conservative Party has tried that game and people are not buying it over there, what makes you think they will here? They will end up alienating more people than bringing them in. The idiot media tells you it's all about the social issues, it's not! It's all about economics. What do you think people care more about? Gay marriage or having medical care when they are retired or a pension?

Old 05-02-2013, 05:44 PM

92 posts, read 67,008 times
I'm optimistic too. And generally I'm a pessimist. I'm also liberal so I'm glad the for the most part the country is becoming more socially tolerant. Can't really same the same for the GOP now can we?

Old 05-02-2013, 05:46 PM

92 posts, read 67,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Only to people who aren't politically savvy do social issues matter a lot. They don't, social issues are a distractions. Guns, gays, and abortion are all distractions to the fact that both parties want to gut Social Security, Medicare, etc. Republicans are not going to win on more liberal social issues. The UK Conservative Party has tried that game and people are not buying it over there, what makes you think they will here? They will end up alienating more people than bringing them in. The idiot media tells you it's all about the social issues, it's not! It's all about economics. What do you think people care more about? Gay marriage or having medical care when they are retired or a pension?
I also mostly agree with this post. Most people don't really give a damn about social issues if they can't eat or pay the mortgage. Both parties are maybe not shining right now in helping this situation.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:51 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
I appreciate being born in a first world nation, when i do complain i feel guilty because there's people living on the other side of the pond who have actual issues worth complaining about.

so i am always optimistic,

luckily violence in the country is in decline and world poverty is also in decline. so we really should be optimistic.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:53 PM

745 posts, read 1,438,619 times
Quote:
Guns, gays, and abortion are all distractions to the fact that both parties want to gut Social Security, Medicare, etc.
They SHOULD gut Social Security and Medicare.

Quote:
Just so you know, the tooth fairy doesn't reside on city data.
TROLL!!

Old 05-02-2013, 08:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Just look at liberal dominated NYC - quite possibly the worst place on the planet for business and the rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies