Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 06:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And Republicans LOVE to 'borrow and spend' a la the previous administration. Again, pointing the finger at one party, particularly at one man - shows me nothing more than a pure partisan hack. Where are you solutions?
If you think the $250B deficits under Bush caused an economic crisis, but the $1.25T deficits under Obama will fix it, you're a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 08:44 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The Republican Party is based on rich white guys telling poor white guys that poor brown people are the cause of all their problems.
what about the black republican guys.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:46 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
what about the black republican guys.
They are just stupid fools. All 5 of them.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:49 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
More proof the left is full of hate.
And the right is chock full of love???? Just read how they talk to people who dare disagree with them on this board?? Works both ways.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:01 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
We live in dangerous times. In some cases, like myself, I have lived in more dangerous times than many of you have. And we all have fears. But the biggest fear we should all have is of the Republican Party. I honestly have never seen such a collection of just sheer idiots in all my life. Even when I was locked up, I was less scared of the other inmates than I am of this bunch. Just the thought of them ever getting into power again makes me shiver. Look at that they are doing in the states they run:

1. Banning abortions AND even birth control
2. Banning unions
3. Doing away with income taxes in favor of sales and property taxes so working people pay more while the rich pay zilch.
4. Cracking down on gays and lesbians
5. Trying to dehumanize the Mexicans
6. Defunding public education

If they ever gain power again in the White House, this country is done, over, through and finished. You can kiss your Social Security and Medicare benefits good bye even if you live to see 65. Your kids can kiss their education and college hopes good bye. My biggest hope is that they never will regain power again.
Did Michael Moore tell you all that stuff?

1. Many Republicans oppose abortions. Few oppose birth control, but many feel that people should PAY FOR THEIR OWN...I don't see why that is so controversial.
2. Not banning, but perhaps reducing their influence, inasmuch as the unions are now far more powerful than the companies they claim to "protect" people from. And public employee unions? Pu-leeze. You're already a government employee, that's pretty much a union without adding a real union to the pot.
3. The national sales tax idea has been tossed around, it has good and bad. However, most Republicans I know aren't fans of property taxes either. And if they did, rich people, who usually own the most, and most valuable property, would pay the most in that situation.
4. What does that even mean?
5. A small segment could legitimately be accused of this. Personally I support Rubio's immigration plan.
6. That's a local issue. As a side note, however...the highest funding doesn't mean the best districts - look at Washington, DC for example.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:07 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,896 times
At this stage, its fairly obvious that Republicans are a bigger threat to civil rights, the middle class, minorities, women, gays, the economy, and foreign policy.

If it was up to most of them, theyd take all the money from social assistance and use it to invade Iran. Or is it Syria now? North Korea is so two weeks ago.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:20 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
If they ever gain power again in the White House, this country is done, over, through and finished. You can kiss your Social Security and Medicare benefits good bye even if you live to see 65. Your kids can kiss their education and college hopes good bye. My biggest hope is that they never will regain power again.
I certainly feel contempt for the GOP and its policies, but we do have these things called elections, which (however imperfectly) assure that the same gang can't continue screwing up indefinitely. They have to take turns screwing up. So I wouldn't assume that an occasional GOP victory will destroy the country; more likely it will scare the Democrats into showing some responsibility.

It is heartening that the GOP has lost 5 of the last 6 presidential popular votes.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:25 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
It seems that some most fear critical thinking.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:28 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The Republican Party is based on rich white guys telling poor white guys that poor brown people are the cause of all their problems.
I am not republican supporter but that is pure propaganda. I dislike propaganda, regardless of who is behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
At this stage, its fairly obvious that Republicans are a bigger threat to civil rights, the middle class, minorities, women, gays, the economy, and foreign policy.
Propaganda piece #2. Republicans have a long list of civil rights threatened by the democratic administration. It really depends on what rights you value more.
Quote:
If it was up to most of them, theyd take all the money from social assistance and use it to invade Iran. Or is it Syria now? North Korea is so two weeks ago.
Propaganda piece #3. Again, me defending republicans is quite amusing... But they don't need the money from social security and such to fight wars. They do not want a huge funding to go towards people who they think do not deserve it. If a future republican president will decide to engage in war, they will do it one way or another (with or without social spending).

Old 05-08-2013, 04:30 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post

Do you even KNOW any Republicans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies