Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:21 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,697 times

Advertisements

We live in dangerous times. In some cases, like myself, I have lived in more dangerous times than many of you have. And we all have fears. But the biggest fear we should all have is of the Republican Party. I honestly have never seen such a collection of just sheer idiots in all my life. Even when I was locked up, I was less scared of the other inmates than I am of this bunch. Just the thought of them ever getting into power again makes me shiver. Look at that they are doing in the states they run:

1. Banning abortions AND even birth control
2. Banning unions
3. Doing away with income taxes in favor of sales and property taxes so working people pay more while the rich pay zilch.
4. Cracking down on gays and lesbians
5. Trying to dehumanize the Mexicans
6. Defunding public education

If they ever gain power again in the White House, this country is done, over, through and finished. You can kiss your Social Security and Medicare benefits good bye even if you live to see 65. Your kids can kiss their education and college hopes good bye. My biggest hope is that they never will regain power again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 05:22 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Thank God for Republicans.

What a silly diatribe.

I know, I know, I shouldn't have responded. My new resolution is to not feed the little people who live under bridges.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
What will always mystify me is how they have convinced poor white trash to carry the water for the uber wealthy in this party. A peculiar mixture of fear, ignorance, religion and brainwashing.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:27 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,430 times
Republicans are economic terrorists. Thirty years of neoliberal conservative economics has damaged this country. When their free market fundamentalism failed to regulate itself, they took down the entire global economy.

Instead of trying to fix the economy, they have taken it hostage and have used our debt (which they are primarily responsible for) to wage war on public workers, children, women, the disabled, the poor, and elderly.

They believe that the rich suffer from too much confiscatory taxes and the poor and elderly have it too good in America.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
More proof the left is full of hate.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Republicans are economic terrorists. Thirty years of neoliberal conservative economics has damaged this country.
What 30 years would that be? Considering Democrats have held Congress about 75% of the time over the last 5 decades, so clearly you must be talking some other period of time.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:30 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
What states banned Abortions and birth control?

Old 04-29-2013, 05:31 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
We live in dangerous times. In some cases, like myself, I have lived in more dangerous times than many of you have. And we all have fears. But the biggest fear we should all have is of the Republican Party. I honestly have never seen such a collection of just sheer idiots in all my life. Even when I was locked up, I was less scared of the other inmates than I am of this bunch. Just the thought of them ever getting into power again makes me shiver. Look at that they are doing in the states they run:

1. Banning abortions AND even birth control
2. Banning unions
3. Doing away with income taxes in favor of sales and property taxes so working people pay more while the rich pay zilch.
4. Cracking down on gays and lesbians
5. Trying to dehumanize the Mexicans
6. Defunding public education

If they ever gain power again in the White House, this country is done, over, through and finished. You can kiss your Social Security and Medicare benefits good bye even if you live to see 65. Your kids can kiss their education and college hopes good bye. My biggest hope is that they never will regain power again.
Your OP is delusional crap. Mindless, drivel. The poor already pay nothing (45% of Tax Filers pay 0 to less in Income Tax (Federal). Nobody is going to "crack down" on anyone basedon sexual orientation. Public education is state issue, not Federal etc., etc.,

GET A GRIP

Old 04-29-2013, 05:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I think its people like you who think some how they are born with more rights to wealth share by being born that leads to Chinese who want the same things winnig in the end. Luckily most do not share your sense of entitlement.Many you support basically want you to be deepdnent on them which personally I'll never accept. You can do whatever truns you on but most will just conitnue on even if they say they are like you.Its those who abuse;refuse to reform social security or medicare because they think its a fixed right of the'sir that will cause it to do what is happening now.Dependence is defeat of any sytem has the greeks are learning and comes to a bad end.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:35 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What will always mystify me is how they have convinced poor white trash to carry the water for the uber wealthy in this party. A peculiar mixture of fear, ignorance, religion and brainwashing.
Damn, take out the "white" part & it sounds just like the the democratic party mantra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies