Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Guess that veto pen wasn't working when the bill came to his desk?
I never said Obama isn't responsible for signing the bill. See that's the difference between liberals and conservatives, liberals will at least admit when their "side" does something wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 09:52 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I never said Obama isn't responsible for signing the bill.
Then why try to justify the signing with a "but...".

Old 04-30-2013, 09:54 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
I never said Obama isn't responsible for signing the bill. See that's the difference between liberals and conservatives, liberals will at least admit when their "side" does something wrong.
I have noticed this as well. In fact, I'm a former Obama supporter that is now one of his biggest detractors.

But still, EVERYONE needs to hold these failed representatives accountable.

Why in the World someone would continue to blindly defend a slimy politician whom they have never even met is beyond me.

That goes for the Bush AND Obama flunkies.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Then why try to justify the signing with a "but...".
Because a president signs the bill. Congress adds amendments and votes.

Any more help with basic civics lessons?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Because a president signs the bill.
Yup, and there's no "but..." about it.

Need any more help with basic civics lessons?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I have noticed this as well. In fact, I'm a former Obama supporter that is now one of his biggest detractors.

But still, EVERYONE needs to hold these failed representatives accountable.

Why in the World someone would continue to blindly defend a slimy politician whom they have never even met is beyond me.

That goes for the Bush AND Obama flunkies.
Liberals aren't personally wrapped up in "being a liberal." Most liberals I know just tend to hold liberal positions on issues. A conservative is wrapped up in "being a conservative." It's like their life and identity and anything that disrupts that reality is quickly dismissed and blocked from view or thought.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Yup, and there's no "but..." about it.

Need any more help with basic civics lessons?
I'm not sure what you are talking about. I said that Congress writes the bills and the president signs them. I'm not really sure why that statement is getting to you.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are talking about.
The president either signs the bill (he approves of it) or he doesn't. Obama approved of the entire bill by signing it, or else he would've vetoed it.

Coursera has some online courses available incase you need more assistance relating to presidential veto powers.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
The president either signs the bill (he approves of it) or he doesn't. Obama approved of the entire bill by signing it, or else he would've vetoed it.

Coursera has some online courses available incase you need more assistance relating to presidential veto powers.
Right and I said that Obama and those in Congress who voted for that bill are responsible for that bill.

I'm not really sure why you are having trouble comprehending this simple fact.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:

There's a reason why Blunt put this in an appropriations bill, because he knew there was zero chance of it being vetoed. The President is no saint and has shown himself to be as much of a corporatism as just about any Republican, but this is another example of our broken and crooked Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies