Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 11:05 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times

Advertisements

Don't Lefties want guns out of criminal hands? Yes or no? It's the ONLY way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 11:06 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What is the Black and White crime rate in NYC ?

Personally, the Stop & Frisk should be illegal for all.
i'm not sure about what the crime rate is by race in NYC, but what I found interesting in the article is that the crime rate has continued to decline yet stop and frisk has increased. almost like they are not using it to deter crime, but as an intimidation tactic.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Don't Lefties want guns out of criminal hands? Yes or no? It's the ONLY way.
the only way is to disproportionately stop people of color?

Old 04-30-2013, 11:08 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,305,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
the only way is to disproportionately stop people of color?
Are you race trolling?

Old 04-30-2013, 11:11 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
Are you race trolling?
Mother Jones the liberal left is and they do it all the time.. race baiting. Since Obama got in that is all we hear..

Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Even liberals have to agree that California is nutty. Thanks for proving our point.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
Are you race trolling?
really? so discussing this topic is race trolling? you're right, we should just sweep all this under the rug. who cares if the NYPD yielded the same amount of illegal weapons and drugs stopping just a fraction of white people. if we don't discuss it, it doesn't exist, right?

Old 04-30-2013, 11:45 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
Appalling. The NYPD made the same amount of seizures stopping only 435,000 white people as they did stopping 2.3 Million black people in the in the same 8 years. Stop and frisk is obviously a way of harassing people of color in NYC.

Charts: Are the NYPD's Stop-and-Frisks Violating the Constitution? | Mother Jones
My wife and I were stopped and harassed a couple of years ago. The reason: they thought they saw "my wife stuffing something in the heater vents" as we passed them. If she were stuffing something illegal in the vents, why would I pass a cruiser on the left? Since when is stuffing something in a vent probable cause? They didn't have probable cause, and made a lame excuse.

They proceeded to run us, and we came back clean, ran the car and it was clean. They pulled me and my wife out of the car (walked me backwards to the cruiser ((perp walk)) frisked us and found nothing, searched the car and found nothing. At this point one of the cops was getting noticeably upset, as if he expected to find weapons and drugs. He then asked permission to search the trunk (I should have demanded a field officer at this point) and again he found nothing. These cops were rude and indifferent. A middle aged white couple driving an older buick must have seemed like a good way to blow an hour.

I might have understood this happening downtown or in another county, but this all went down on the very street I live on just 4 blocks from my home. These guys knew the car and that we weren't criminals from the very start.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Mother Jones the liberal left is and they do it all the time.. race baiting. Since Obama got in that is all we hear..
in this article they provide a lot of factual information to support their stance. can you dispute the facts they lay out in the article or not?

Old 04-30-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
My wife and I were stopped and harassed a couple of years ago. The reason: they thought they saw "my wife stuffing something in the heater vents" as we passed them. If she were stuffing something illegal in the vents, why would I pass a cruiser on the left? Since when is stuffing something in a vent probable cause? They didn't have probable cause, and made a lame excuse.

They proceeded to run us, and we came back clean, ran the car and it was clean. They pulled me and my wife out of the car (walked me backwards to the cruiser ((perp walk)) frisked us and found nothing, searched the car and found nothing. At this point one of the cops was getting noticeably upset, as if he expected to find weapons and drugs. He then asked permission to search the trunk (I should have demanded a field officer at this point) and again he found nothing. These cops were rude and indifferent. A middle aged white couple driving an older buick must have seemed like a good way to blow an hour.

I might have understood this happening downtown or in another county, but this all went down on the very street I live on just 4 blocks from my home. These guys knew the car and that we weren't criminals from the very start.
oh yeah. No one is immune to the abuse of power by some police officers. I know in many parts of California many people have come to see the police as nothing more than power tripping bullies. In San Diego, though, for the six years I lived there, I never had a bad experience with the police and they seemed very helpful in my neighbors situation with her unruly teen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies