Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 03:45 PM

29,471 posts, read 16,329,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher11 View Post
I'll reserve my opinion until I see it on the front page news of NBC or Fox or on television. Leave it to local news reporters because main stream media won't touch these issues with a ten foot pole!

Additionally, I think it rather absurd that none of these media outlets will report it as "Black Mob Violence."

They always refer to them as "Urban Youth" (which everyone already knows by now is code word for black kids.)
I live about 40 miles from Gulf Shores alabama, Every year during spring break there is a huge fight on the main beach involving nothing but white kids and i have never seen that make the local news.

maybe the media isnt reporting it simply because it is so common, not because of the race of the participants . notice how every gun death isnt reported(even with Newtown in the back of people's minds).

And even so, why would their race matter ?

Old 04-30-2013, 03:46 PM

107 posts, read 116,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I'm not sure what I find more strange --

the fact that you say, "I'll reserve my opinion until I see it on the front page news...." , ... AFTER you already have stated your opinion...

or the fact that I just posted about 8 links of mainstream media coverage (including WAPO, a notoriously liberal, nationwide media outlet), and you just ignored it completely.
Local news media is not mainstream media.

Mainstream media is MSNBC, Fox News, CNN and ABC. Local affiliates are not main stream. They're local affiliates.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:47 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,404,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I live about 40 miles from Gulf Shores alabama, Every year during spring break there is a huge fight on the main beach involving nothing but white kids and i have never seen that make the local news.

maybe the media isnt reporting it simply because it is so common, not because of the race of the participants . notice how every gun death isnt reported(even with Newtown in the back of people's minds).

And even so, why would their race matter ?
Race matters because it is a repeating event with black youths the last few years.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:47 PM

107 posts, read 116,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
The love of Jesus truly fills your words.
I'm an atheist. Nice try though.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:52 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,359,173 times
Quote:
But those incidents are never reported as black crime. That's the difference. People deserve to know the truth.
Ok, but what truth are the other media sites missing? I mean by specifically calling the mobs black, how is that more helpful or beneficial to the public? Just curious.

Quote:
That's because right wing news isn't politically correct. Isn't honesty and truth such an awesome thing? Too bad the left wing media is so overtly PC and dishonest in their news reporting. But then again, most left wing media is 90% opinion based anyway.
Its just seems focused on race. One outlet to call out race, the other doesn't. But the main content is the same.

If it were an all-white (or Asian or middle-eastern) mob, would the public also need to know that? What if it were 50% black, 25% white and 25% Hispanic. Would it be necessary to call out the demographics then too?

Old 04-30-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Local news media is not mainstream media.

Mainstream media is MSNBC, Fox News, CNN and ABC. Local affiliates are not main stream. They're local affiliates.
The Washington post has the 6th largest readership of any paper in the nation and is the 88th most viewed website in the country. 9th most viewed news site(i am including yahoo and MSN as newssites).

Old 04-30-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Race matters because it is a repeating event with black youths the last few years.
As i said the same thing happens just down the road from me with white kids, and it seems to be for the same reasons, young people disagreeing and not knowing how to handle their tension.

It has nothing to do with race.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:02 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,608,793 times
Is the OP's implication that these people are rioting because they are black, and that white people on Spring Break in Daytona never fight or get arrested? Huh.

I suppose you could also put it down to them being drunk and male, but that's not as titillating.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:06 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,152,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Ok, but what truth are the other media sites missing? I mean by specifically calling the mobs black, how is that more helpful or beneficial to the public? Just curious.
So the conservatives can screech "See!!! See!!! It's always the blacks! It is ALWAYS the blacks!!!", thus justifying rounding them up & tossing them in internment camps, preferably on a deserted island far far away.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:23 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,270,132 times
Quote:
This kind of garbage happens every single year when it becomes warm. And yet every single time the media ignores it. Why? Why is it okay to report on violence when the perps are anything but black?

This is getting out of hand and someone needs to step up to the plate and start reporting on this degeneracy. Black mob violence is a major issue that's gone entirely unresolved and appears to be getting progressively worse as years go by. We're due for some pretty horrific black mob violence this summer when it warms up in places like Philidelphia and Chicago and only a handful of local media outlets will report on these events of mass violence.

Disgusting.
The continued need to interpret and understand human behavior based on skin color and the idea that this isn't a racist position is very confusing.

What do you want from this identification that black college students are misbehaving and some maybe behaving criminally?

What importance does their skin color have to do with anything?

This is why I say that the whole idea of race is a perversion. This idea of race distorts how we see things. More importantly, it hurts black Americans who constantly have to deal with racial prejudice and sometimes racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies