Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Say birfers, did you also know that the sun revolves around the earth?
The Flat Earth Society will rise again!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The drooling is getting out of hand. A lynching of the messenger!
All I can do is laugh and say, where there's smoke there is fire.
Actually that drooling is because we have been laughing so hard at the OP and your belief that NPR is on your side when all she said was that it was a fact that their are still idiot birthers talking about it and that there is something like half of Republican voters that are still stupid enough to believe that the president wasn't born in this country.

But tell us more about this smoke you have found, my eyes are getting all teared up from all the laughing.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Actually, no. Where there's smoke, there's smoke blowers.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:29 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
A lynching of the messenger!
whose lynching the messenger? what i said is true. your opening paragraph is a cut&paste that has been repeated on multiple birther sites over the past 2+ days ( from a tape that is over 2 years old ).

Video: National Public Radio's Betsy Liley Openly Admitted Obama Birther Cover Up | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

NPR's Betsy Liley Openly Admits Obama Birther Cover Up

NPR

P P S I M M O N S: NPR’s Betsy Liley Openly Admitted Obama Birther Cover Up)

Quote:
....and where there's BS there is BS. Liley never "admits" to a cover up nor does she express support for birtherism. she equates it with the belief that the earth is flat!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:35 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,397 times
Quote:
Senior Director of Institutional Giving for NPR Betsy Liley said it is still a question of whether or not Barack Obama was born in the United States. She clearly is heard talking about a coverup, keeping the birther issue out of the news because it was “political” and even indicating that there was monkey business going on in Hawaii concerning Obama’s birth certificate.

Listen to the brief audio below and see for yourself. Birthers are not just on the right. There are clearly birthers on the left that know he was never born in Hawaii, they just want to cover up the truth.

Read more: NPR's Betsy Liley Openly Admits Obama Birther Cover Up
so how do you explain the birth announcement in the paper?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:38 PM

258 posts, read 238,678 times
The whole Birther movement is a diversion inside the Left-Right paradigm

It implies that Obama's citizenship is even a relevant topic to begin with

People shouldn't oppose Obama because they don't feel he's a natural born citizen

THey should oppose him because he has shown his allegiance to corporate America over the American public

Old 04-30-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTC View Post
The whole Birther movement is a diversion inside the Left-Right paradigm

It implies that Obama's citizenship is even a relevant topic to begin with

People shouldn't oppose Obama because they don't feel he's a natural born citizen

THey should oppose him because he has shown his allegiance to corporate America over the American public
So Obama hasn't been enough of a communist for you? We need a president that is more in line with public over private.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:10 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
The drooling is getting out of hand. A lynching of the messenger!
Once again, you have mistaken some cold air exhaust for smoke.
There is no smoke. There is no fire.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:31 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
No--then they'll move into how they're SURE that she's gay, how they have ABSOLUTE EVIDENCE that she killed Vince Foster, yadda yadda yadda. It's a sickness. What kind of craziness does it take to ignore real data and information and to create your own "facts" instead?
They have been around forever, it's in their DNA. They are the people that started talk radio, long ago......or at the very lest, fueled the concept

Old 05-01-2013, 06:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
whose lynching the messenger? what i said is true. your opening paragraph is a cut&paste that has been repeated on multiple birther sites over the past 2+ days ( from a tape that is over 2 years old ).

Video: National Public Radio's Betsy Liley Openly Admitted Obama Birther Cover Up | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

NPR's Betsy Liley Openly Admits Obama Birther Cover Up

NPR

P P S I M M O N S: NPR’s Betsy Liley Openly Admitted Obama Birther Cover Up)

....and where there's BS there is BS. Liley never "admits" to a cover up nor does she express support for birtherism. she equates it with the belief that the earth is flat!

That is why your post was below my reply. To show all I did was cut & paste an article for discussion and these people come out of the woodwork to kill the messenger.

None of it is my opinion, or my thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies