Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,525,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher11 View Post
Right, but my ethnic identity is white european. You're a mixture of many things with no single identity. That's the difference.
White is not an ethnicity. Are you of Irish, Italian, German, etc descent? Do you have any connection to those cultures? If not you are just an American with white skin. And American culture is itself a blended culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,071,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_limit View Post
USA isn't even the best nation on its own continent.

Laughable nationalism
I don't believe in nationalism. I do believe in reality. To the degree a country is free, and to the degree it embraces rationality, and capitalism, and achievement, is the degree to which it is better than other countries.

If we give up freedom and become collectivist, then we lose our position as best. Today, we remain the best, and the Capital of the world morally and intellectually. However that could change in the future.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I don't think it is regressive to respect my Husband nor to value his opinion as long as we are on equal footing. I simply cannot understand how a man who respects ( and trusts) his Wife would expect Her to dress a certain way. I am an individual and my Husband should have chosen me for who I am not who my culture or He expects me to be.

I dress modestly but it is my choice. I can tell you that if Hubby suddenly started to tell me I should wear something longer or more covering (or in fact shorter and less covering) he would have to be prepared for quite a tongue-lashing from me and a very cold sofa to sleep on...

The point is that trust and respect go hand in hand. Without trust there is no relationship IMO.

I appreciate the cultural differences but I do think you are selling yourself and other women short personally. Real men welcome strong independent women. And no I do not mean harridans who rule the roost. I mean women who can stand up to them, women who will share the responsibilities of the household and are their intellectual and social equals.

We have plenty of cavemen in the West too. Believe me it has taken a long time to get to a bit more sex equality but the struggle is not yet over. Like Democracy it takes a long time to get there. Men will not happily relinquish their power and patriarchal attitudes and sometimes you have to take that power back.

A woman's will does not have to be subjugated and I would disagree with you that is is easier for a woman to bend. Women are not physically as strong but mentally and intellectually we are not any weaker than the men.

What you mean is that in your culture, men have always had the upper hand and women have somehow allowed them to. As women in the West did until a hundred years or less.

But at some point all women will realise that we are stronger together than when we are dismissed as being the homekeepers and Mothers.

We have more to offer and any man worth his salt will proudly take his place at the same level as his wife.... Not feeling diminished or challenged but strengthened and supported.

I certainly hope that as a woman I am more than a cook, cleaner, womb or general housekeeper....
This post is correct. I like it.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
You can find that Pure bred white on your paper money in your pocket.

Additionally, pure bred whites invented that computer you're using. And the software it uses. And this little thing called the internet in which we're communicating through.

The idea that mixed people are somehow better is a farce. In fact, European and Asian mixes are highly susceptible to diabetes as an example.

Yes. Globalization is responsible for race mixing.

But just like Tiger species, human bio diversity and identity should be preserved in the name of diversity.
This is incorrect. There are no purebreds. Everybody is a mix. And seeking to avoid racial mixing in the name of "diversity" is really a silly concept.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:29 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,894,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose532 View Post
I do not believe men and women are equal. I believe men and women have distinct roles, one is not better than the other, but there are clear differences. It is human nature to have your own opinion, but someone has to make the final decision, especially in regards to very important family matters. Who should that person be? In my family it is my husband. Does this mean that I am controlled, no. It means that I see my husband as the guardian. I am sorry if this is not communicated well. I know this topic can be controversial because Western women believe there are no differences between men and women.
You could have stopped with your first sentence. Everything else is simply justification of why you believe women should be subjugated to men.

Why must it be the man who makes the final decision in a family? Are men, in your view, more intelligent than women simply because they are men? This is the very defnition of subjugation. That you don't see it is a result of your upbringing in a regressive culture that sees this as an absolute truth.

Also, please stop saying that you are not communicating well. It's disingenuous. You are communicating very well, and you are also very aware of it. The posters who are responding to you make it very clear that we get exactly where you're coming from.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:31 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,866,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose532 View Post
I meant the children are not pure after intermixing. I do not mean to offend.
You're Turkish, but have a username "Rose". You're communicating in English, not in Ottoman Turkish. Or, perhaps, in the latest iteration of Turkish. Chances are, you also wear and participate in a lot of things not traditionally Turkish. Perhaps you look and dress NOTHING like a Turkish person from two thousand years ago.

If you could evolve, why couldn't others?

Old 05-01-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
That is your narrow minded opinion, not fact.

To write off human desire to be apart of a collective, racial or otherwise, as primitive is to also write off human desire for sex as primitive.

You're a sick, arrogant, multi-culturalist bent on ethnic and cultural genocide and karma will rear its ugly head one day and strike you down.
I am writing it off - absolutely - as irrational. You can't huddle in ethnic safety. There is no ethnic safety. You have to stand alone on your own individual achievements and qualities. The fact that one "identifies" with a certain race of people says nothing about how good or valuable they are.

You have no value except what you bring to the table in the form of performance. Individual, singular, performance. Seeking safety and warmth in an ethnic herd is a bad thing.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,271,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I am writing it off - absolutely - as irrational. You can't huddle in ethnic safety. There is no ethnic safety. You have to stand alone on your own individual achievements and qualities. The fact that one "identifies" with a certain race of people says nothing about how good or valuable they are.

You have no value except what you bring to the table in the form of performance. Individual, singular, performance. Seeking safety and warmth in an ethnic herd is a bad thing.
Yup. If the color of your skin is the best thing you've got going for you, you need new goals.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:43 AM

252 posts, read 259,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I don't believe in nationalism. I do believe in reality. To the degree a country is free, and to the degree it embraces rationality, and capitalism, and achievement, is the degree to which it is better than other countries.

If we give up freedom and become collectivist, then we lose our position as best. Today, we remain the best, and the Capital of the world morally and intellectually. However that could change in the future.
Haha

Is that you Sean Hannity?

Old 05-01-2013, 10:43 AM

138 posts, read 155,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I can only assume that you would be on board if he decides to start bedding another woman. You know, important family decisions.
Actually, I would divorce him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies