Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times

Advertisements

"Christian Ministry" That's a glittering generality if I ever saw one. It was a "Christian Ministry" that kidnapped Native American children, imprisoned them in religious schools. Dressed them up like white people and punished them whenever they practiced their own culture. It was deracination. Bet a few bucks that practice was never commanded or even condoned by Jesus. But as a "Christian Ministry", they felt they were above any human judgment.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:39 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
"Christian Ministry" That's a glittering generality if I ever saw one. It was a "Christian Ministry" that kidnapped Native American children, imprisoned them in religious schools. Dressed them up like white people and punished them whenever they practiced their own culture. It was deracination. Bet a few bucks that practice was never commanded or even condoned by Jesus. But as a "Christian Ministry", they felt they were above any human judgment.
Good point.

I don't think the "Family Research Council" is a legitimate Christian ministry, even if they pretend to be: the raison d'etre of this group is to spread hate and defamation directed at people in the LGBT community. Bigots usually do not come out and say they are bigots, they try to hide behind some 'official' sounding name.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Your OP was Todd Starnes opinion. And he has a reputation of being rather..... free.... with the 'facts'.

Try these facts on for size...

http://action.afa.net/uploadedFiles/...rich_email.pdf

Old 05-01-2013, 10:00 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Good point.

I don't think the "Family Research Council" is a legitimate Christian ministry, even if they pretend to be: the raison d'etre of this group is to spread hate and defamation directed at people in the LGBT community. Bigots usually do not come out and say they are bigots, they try to hide behind some 'official' sounding name.

No examples of FRC's bigotry?

Is your Google broke?

Their positions seems pretty straight forward to me...

"Family Research Council believes that homosexual conduct is harmful to the persons who engage in it and to society at large, and can never be affirmed. It is by definition unnatural, and as such is associated with negative physical and psychological health effects. While the origins of same-sex attractions may be complex, there is no convincing evidence that a homosexual identity is ever something genetic or inborn. We oppose the vigorous efforts of homosexual activists to demand that homosexuality be accepted as equivalent to heterosexuality in law, in the media, and in schools. Attempts to join two men or two women in "marriage" constitute a radical redefinition and falsification of the institution, and FRC supports state and federal constitutional amendments to prevent such redefinition by courts or legislatures. Sympathy must be extended to those who struggle with unwanted same-sex attractions, and every effort should be made to assist such persons to overcome those attractions, as many already have."

Family Research Council

Old 05-01-2013, 10:04 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Here's an FRC gem from their pamphlet entitled Homosexual Activists Work to Normalize Sex with Boys:

“One of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the ‘prophets' of a new sexual order.”

Old 05-01-2013, 10:19 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Is your Google broke?

Their positions seems pretty straight forward to me...

"Family Research Council believes that homosexual conduct is harmful to the persons who engage in it and to society at large, and can never be affirmed. It is by definition unnatural, and as such is associated with negative physical and psychological health effects. While the origins of same-sex attractions may be complex, there is no convincing evidence that a homosexual identity is ever something genetic or inborn. We oppose the vigorous efforts of homosexual activists to demand that homosexuality be accepted as equivalent to heterosexuality in law, in the media, and in schools. Attempts to join two men or two women in "marriage" constitute a radical redefinition and falsification of the institution, and FRC supports state and federal constitutional amendments to prevent such redefinition by courts or legislatures. Sympathy must be extended to those who struggle with unwanted same-sex attractions, and every effort should be made to assist such persons to overcome those attractions, as many already have."

Family Research Council
Seems straight forward to me too, I'll sum it up in on word - BIGOTRY.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:21 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Liberals are domestic terrorists. The enemy from within.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:22 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Exodus 20:16
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Tell that one to Obama.. he always accuses Bush for his own failures in his administration because he can't bear the truth. And Obama lies constantly to the people. If anyone makes it a daily ritual of bearing false witness it is Obama. Plus he supports grave sin . Obama is worldly and has been a manipulator from the beginning.

Common sense dictates here.. I have never nor will I ever sit on a sofa and hold hands with someone of the same sex. And for good reason. I am not gay.

Saying he is a Christian and supporting gay marriage.. now that is a real whopper. So how about telling Obama not to bear false witness. After all you believe he is a Christian or do you? You probably lie to yourself.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:38 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Tell that one to Obama.. he always accuses Bush for his own failures in his administration because he can't bear the truth. And Obama lies constantly to the people. If anyone makes it a daily ritual of bearing false witness it is Obama. Plus he supports grave sin . Obama is worldly and has been a manipulator from the beginning.

Common sense dictates here.. I have never nor will I ever sit on a sofa and hold hands with someone of the same sex. And for good reason. I am not gay.

Saying he is a Christian and supporting gay marriage.. now that is a real whopper. So how about telling Obama not to bear false witness. After all you believe he is a Christian or do you? You probably lie to yourself.
Many christians support SSM, some christian churches even have SSM ceremonies.

You don't get to determine who is christian, and who isn't.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:43 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama is gay and you know it.. his Chicago escapades are well known in Chicago.
What are you? Three?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies