Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 11:24 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

The OP seems to not leave any room for variables. Just across the board disdain for women being free to choose. As I have asked many times, but never get a response to...when will ant-choice advocates commence in following pregnant women around to monitor their prenatal care habits?
I think it will be a non-issue in the future. The idea of getting pregnant accidentally will be as remote as accidentally flying to the moon instead of New York. And any problems with a pregnancy in the future will be repaired in the womb within the first month, any genetic defects ect will be 100% identified and cured with increases in technology. Most diseases will be wiped out before they start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 11:29 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Abortion will one day be seen as appalling as slavery.

While there is no comparison between the two examples cited in the quote above, I sincerely hope that this statement proves to be accurate.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:33 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You keep praying for that "one day" to come OP, the rest of us will be busy moving forward in the world where women have a choice and aren't forced by men to carry a child against their will.
What about women who are forced to care for their 2-year old toddler against their will? Why not just kill the child? Why does murder have to be the answer for not wanting a person in your life? What about middle aged people who have elderly parents that are a burden to them. Why not euthanize them? In fact some extreme liberals have actually suggested legalizing euthanasia of the elderly and mentally retarded.

And yes, I know anybody who questions the ethics of abortion on demand is a backwards, ignorant hillbilly who hates women and needs to be shipped back to Neanderthalic times so you can spare me that lecture.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Abortion is a medieval solution to unwanted children when you really think about it.
bravo!!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:16 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
No it won't. Not ever. What probably WILL happen is people with too much time on their hands will be forced to focus on things that aren't up inside someone else. Stuff that needs attention. But it probably will take something horrible for them to do it since they seem to have their heads stuck up...well...you know.

It's hard to accept that you can't control everything, but you can't.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
Once these neanderthals who want to control and legislate a woman's vagina die out. Then the anti-abortionist movement will die a slow death. They continue to fight a losing battle, clinging to their insecurities. The days of you controlling other people are coming to a close. I expect to see more threads like this as they grow more desperate in their losing fight. Abortion is necessary and making it illegal doesn't make it go away.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Slavery was legal, but immoral.

Abortion is legal, but also immoral.

The shroud of secrecy around the unregulated abortion death clinics is starting to tear.

Once the American people have access to see what actually goes on at these places, the less support abortion will have.

I expect that as we progress as decent human beings, and start to bear witness to the horrors of abortion mills, the tide will start to turn.

50 years from now, abortion will be looked upon much like the evil that we see slavery as today.
Who is 'Jane Roe'?
'Anonymous no more, Norma McCorvey no longer supports abortion rights

From CNN Interactive Writer Douglas S. Wood (CNN) -- Norma McCorvey won't be celebrating the 25th anniversary of the historic Roe vs. Wade decision that legalized abortion.
McCorvey is "Jane Roe," the pseudonym she assumed to remain anonymous as the lead plaintiff in the case that legalized abortion in the United States.
"I'm very sad (about the anniversary)," she told CNN Interactive in a telephone interview. "But this year, I've got so much to do, I don't have time to sit down and be sad."
Once an abortion-rights supporter, the 50-year-old McCorvey has switched sides: She's now a vocal anti-abortion activist. She has started a ministry called Roe No More to fight against abortion rights with the aim of creating a mobile counseling center for pregnant women in Dallas."
http://facelife.org/content/roechang...indcontent.htm

Old 05-01-2013, 02:06 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Forcing women to carry a fetus to term and give birth against their will is just another form of slavery.

50 years from now, I would imagine we will have much better methods of birth control so abortion won't be necessary anyway.
Being the male is 50% responsible, why doesn't he get ANY say in the matter?

Old 05-01-2013, 02:13 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Abortion will remain necessary and legal until artificial wombs and the ability to transfer fetuses without them dying are developed.

It will never be fully illegal, and should never be fully illegal.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:24 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,586,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i do hope alphamale ends up being right. that said i do agree with zimbochick as well. i do realize that there are good reasons to abort a fetus, but it needs to be a medical necessity and not due to a whim of a woman who has an unwanted pregnancy, there are other options.

Haven't seen what giving up a child to adoption does to a mother have we? You carrying a child for 9 months, feel it grow, feel it kick and respond to you, see it for the first time, nurture it, and then hand it off cold turkey. Far more traumatic than having an abortion prior to the 12 week cutoff.

Of the people I've known who have done either/or, the effects of adoption are far more traumatic and lasting. It can haunt a woman knowing that she has a child out there somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies