Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 11:33 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Advertisements

Glenfiddich down the hatch, along with a nice cigar...

Chris Matthews Show Cancelled :: The Black Sphere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 11:38 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
No, he'll be around for a very long time ... 5 days a week ... so you don't have to weep that you can no longer enjoy his intellect.

Quote:
Chris Matthews, who has been one of the most prominent hosts on MSNBC for more than a decade, has signed a new long-term deal with the network to continue his “Hardball” program, a network executive confirmed on Tuesday.

“Hardball” will continue to fill the 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. weekday hours on the channel. But in the new deal, Mr. Matthews will end his syndicated Sunday talk show, “The Chris Matthews Show,” in July.
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/01/bu...snbc.html?_r=0

Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
No, he'll be around for a very long time.

One miracle at a time. I can live with this, especially if it means ending the more thoughtful program and Chrissy continuing on his bellicose streak with that laughable "show" called Hardball.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Time to open my best 18 year single malt to celebrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Glenfiddich down the hatch, along with a nice cigar...
When you said 18 yr old single malt, I immediately thought of Macallan.

I'll continue to watch him Mon through Fri. Never did see his Sunday show.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
When you said 18 yr old single malt, I immediately thought of Macallan.
To each their own.

Quote:
I'll continue to watch him Mon through Fri. Never did see his Sunday show.
A shame because it was actually his only program requiring above room temperature IQ to watch.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:52 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
No, he'll be around for a very long time ... 5 days a week ... so you don't have to weep that you can no longer enjoy his intellect.

LOL. I will tolerate some biased media regardless of where it comes from, politically, but Chris Mathews is about one step away from sitting across the same table with that InfoWars guy.

The guy is so desperate for attention, he's willing to destroy his own credibility, and mostly has.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Just his weekend show. 'Hardball,' his daily show, stays. On April 15th afternoon I was running on the treadmill & watching Fox News to get the news of the bombing. After a while they were just repeating the same stuff over and over, so I turned to MSMBC and watched Matthews.

He was downright execrable, continually trying to tie the bombing to conservatives. He noted that April 15th was tax day, Patriot's day, and that the JFK library (which AFAIK turned out not to have been attacked) was named after a Democratic icon, so clearly it must have been Republicans behind this.

If I were a lefty I'd be embarrassed that MSNBC can't come up with a better, more intelligent host than this.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:44 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
He was downright execrable, continually trying to tie the bombing to conservatives. He noted that April 15th was tax day, Patriot's day, and that the JFK library (which AFAIK turned out not to have been attacked) was named after a Democratic icon, so clearly it must have been Republicans behind this.
I listened to Matthews that day, and others in the afermath ... as I listened to other channels. I thought he was very objective. As for comments you attribute to him regarding conservatives ... I suppose you're more sensitive to possible involvement given your own political beliefs. But if he said what you say he said, and I'd enjoy seeing the youtube of that if you have a link so we can listen to it and consider the context, I suppose it would be like how police profile possible suspects. They tend to have good reason to. As many commentators raised the question regarding involvement by a white supremicist ... they also went down a list of other possibilities. That's what commentators often do. I think you confuse opinion shows with news reports. They're very different.

Last edited by gomexico; 05-01-2013 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: corrected typo

Old 05-01-2013, 12:46 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Did anybody get a tickle up their leg?

Old 05-01-2013, 12:49 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Matthews is about as biased as they come and is nothing but a left wing shill. Watching him makes you immediatley more stupid which probably explains some of the liberal posters on this board.

BTW, don't waste any good scotch on these idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies