U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 16,453,125 times

Advertisements

JFK Library Reopens - The Mass Media: News
We haven't heard much about this story, but remember that the day of the Boston Marathon bombing, there were also many reports of a third bomb at the JFK Library, not far away. I heard Chris Matthews on MSMBC speculate that this might be a further indication that conservatives of some ilk might have been behind the attacks, since after all JFK was a Democrat. LOL.

Now it turns out that the "bombing" had nothing to do with the Boston Marathon bombing, and was just a fire caused by "by smoking materials that were not disposed of appropriately." The library has reopened today.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 12:16 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,789,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I heard Chris Matthews on MSMBC speculate.
found your mistake.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:17 PM

6,934 posts, read 8,108,383 times
Apparently you didn't, but I think the story was well-covered in the wake of the Marathon bombing(s) reporting. The criticism of Chris Matthews generally comes from RWNJs who oppose the freedom of speech ... and otherwise attack the values which have made this nation great.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:18 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,789,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Apparently you didn't, but I think the story was well-covered in the wake of the Marathon bombing(s) reporting. The criticism of Chris Matthews generally comes from RWNJs who oppose the freedom of speech ... and otherwise attack the values which have made this nation great.
He's MSNBC's Adam Bolling of FoxNews. He's an idiot, talks before he thinks, and he's hateful. the end.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:24 PM

27,718 posts, read 14,658,475 times
im confused, are You guys saying Chris Matthews is the only one who speculated, because he wasnt.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
found your mistake.
haha, a definite Freudian slip there.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
im confused, are You guys saying Chris Matthews is the only one who speculated, because he wasnt.
There were many on the left who speculated that the bombings were done by right-wingers/conservatives of some ilk. There was the woman from NPR, there was Michael Moore, and no doubt legions of other lefties.

Granted there are nutballs on the right like a Tim McVeigh, but when this happened I guessed almost immediately that it would turn out to be Muslim-connected just because of the target. A right wing nutball is not going to go after something like the Boston marathon, which after all is a celebration of individual effort and achievement. A right wing nutball would target an IRS building, a BATF building, or an abortion clinic, but not the Boston Marathon. A Muslim nutball would have no qualms about going after the Boston Marathon, for the inverse reasons that a right wing nutball would.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:44 PM

69,788 posts, read 52,413,641 times
Quote:
The criticism of Chris Matthews generally comes from RWNJs who oppose the freedom of speech ... and otherwise attack the values which have made this nation great.
That is the most idiotic thing I've read here in ages.

Oh, and if you disagree with me you are opposing freedom of speech and attacking the values which have made this nation great.

You are going to have a hard time living this one down.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:53 PM

52,765 posts, read 22,600,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
JFK Library Reopens - The Mass Media: News
We haven't heard much about this story, but remember that the day of the Boston Marathon bombing, there were also many reports of a third bomb at the JFK Library, not far away. I heard Chris Matthews on MSMBC speculate that this might be a further indication that conservatives of some ilk might have been behind the attacks, since after all JFK was a Democrat. LOL.

Now it turns out that the "bombing" had nothing to do with the Boston Marathon bombing, and was just a fire caused by "by smoking materials that were not disposed of appropriately." The library has reopened today.
" I heard Chris Matthews on MSMBC speculate"

Isn't that ALL he does? And ALWAYS on the negative side for repubs!

Old 05-01-2013, 01:56 PM

52,765 posts, read 22,600,876 times
Quote:
"who oppose the freedom of speech"

Really? It seems it is the left that is usually the ones wanting Rush, Hannity, etc, taken off the air!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies