Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do to women who get abortions?
Nothing at all. 67 79.76%
Death penalty. 6 7.14%
Life in prison 2 2.38%
1-10 years in prison 9 10.71%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 11:44 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Rocker Steven Tyler of Aerosmith Haunted by Girlfriend's Abortion | LifeNews.com

Tyler also reflects on his abortion experience in the autobiography. “It was a big crisis. It’s a major thing when you’re growing something with a woman, but they convinced us that it would never work out and would ruin our lives. … You go to the doctor and they put the needle in her belly and they squeeze the stuff in and you watch. And it comes out dead. I was pretty devastated. In my mind, I’m going, Jesus, what have I done?”
There's a good chance that that child, if it had been born, would have been addicted to drugs.

I honestly think it's better off for pregnant drug abusers to abort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 11:52 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,759 times
What should be done if abortions were illegal is go after the doctors that do the abortions. Planned Parenthood would be a terrorist organization. The mother is a victim. But, this won't happen because abortions are legal and your poll is stupid and make no sense.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:55 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
What should be done if abortions were illegal is go after the doctors that do the abortions. Planned Parenthood would be a terrorist organization. The mother is a victim.
The mother would certainly be an accomplice, no?
Assuming murder in both instances, if a mother hired someone to kill their 5 year old child, she would be held accountable, would she not?

Quote:
But, this won't happen because abortions are legal and your poll is stupid and make no sense.
Are you unaware of the word 'if' being used to introduce a hypothetical situation?

Old 05-04-2013, 09:22 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
There's a good chance that that child, if it had been born, would have been addicted to drugs.

I honestly think it's better off for pregnant drug abusers to abort.
Did his daughter, Liv Tyler get hooked on drugs? It never said his girlfriend was a drug abuser, she was suicidal after the abortion and they broke up but that isn't saying she was on drugs.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh noez! Steven Tyler is haunted by girlfriend's abortion? Well, that settles it. No more abortions for anyone, because some rocker and Janelle are haunted.
Too bad, so sad, it's legal and there's nothing you or Stephen Tyler can do about it.
Big freaking deal...Stephen Tyler. Who cares?
Stephen Tyler and all who are related or know him? Seems he screwed up a lot of people as a result but oh well who cares about the men, they don't matter anyway, huh?

Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Rep to you and I have been wondering the same thing. By overturnoing a woman's right to choose, these crazies wish to set the clock back to a time when abortoins were done in back alleys, by non-medical staff with butcher-like results, not to mention self inflicted botched abortions.

It all ties into the rest of the radical right wing agenda of NOT teaching sex education to kids. Insane ideologies. As if taking the way a woman's right to choose will inhibit sexual activity because it worked out so well before.

I have a flash for you----it's happening now---Gosnell for one.

Sex ed is great but they leave out one important part, seeing an abortion when one has an oops and decides to go get one. The kids are kept in the dark about what they will go through.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i believe that late term abortion is murder. i dont think it should be paid for with state funds.
i mean maybe we cant stop it, u know mothers rights, womens right to control her own body, so forth, but i dont like providing the weapon, at taxpayer expense, to kill the kid.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Wait, you are seriously using Steven Tyler as your poster boy against abortion? Wow! He was 27, the mother was 16, and they were both snorting cocaine during the abortion. He's a life-long addict, and has a variety of children by different mothers, and relationships with very few of the children. He's not exactly a role model for fathers.

I have no idea what you were trying to prove with this post, other than your usual reposting of each and every article on your employers website, but seriously, it's really cray-cray.
One symptom of post abortion quilt and grief for men is hyper sexuality and drug taking. Don't know why, it just is. There are web sites that deal with people who have been affected by it and they can explain it.

My employer? Maybe I can take a salary then, that would be great.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:49 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
I don't really understand why people are using the Gosnell case as a reason to be anti-choice. If abortion were illegal, doctors like him would be the only ones giving abortions. Only doctors willing to break the law would be doing it. They wouldn't be able to purchase equipment legally. They would need to hire shady people to help them. Gosnell type abortionists would be the norm if Roe vs Wade was ever overturned.

We have incredibly safe and HUMANE ways of ending pregnancies during the first trimester, and this is when women who are considering it should be urged to do it (with exception of those who have medical reasons later on). This in turn reduces crime for our society and the occurrence of innocent children who have to grow up neglected or abused (and in turn, become parents who neglect and abuse their own children). Take a look at the orphanages in Ireland that are rampant with sexual and physical abuse to see what banning abortion gets a country.

Our focus should be on prevention to begin with, by empowering and educating women to use birth control, and changing our socioeconomic ills that would make a woman need to consider abortion over money.

Unsafe abortion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Excellent post. Not only are there inept and crooked professionals in every field, including med, but there will always continue to be. And yes, the fact that abortion is legal reduces the numbers of inept and crooked doctors in gynecology. If (as "pro-lifers" wish) abortion were illegal, there would be a huge number of crooks providing back-alley abortions. And THAT is how "pro-lifers" like it.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:52 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Excellent post. Not only are there inept and crooked professionals in every field, including med, but there will always continue to be. And yes, the fact that abortion is legal reduces the numbers of inept and crooked doctors in gynecology. If (as "pro-lifers" wish) abortion were illegal, there would be a huge number of crooks providing back-alley abortions. And THAT is how "pro-lifers" like it.
Reason and common sense are a foreign concept to delusional zealots.....especially religious ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies