Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:49 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Again, she did not say a name. The accusation was pointed toward "a conservative". And you need an explanation really? Are you really that stupid?

Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 12:49 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
And this is how they roll!
LIES...
HATE
MORE HATE
MORE LIES
Yep. And the morons who read and hear the story believe it, then drag it to forums, where they then gather and make fools of themselves.

And they wonder why we laugh at them.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 PM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Did she involve law enforcement?
Someone got law enforcement involved. I doubt it was her.

Some posters don't seem to understand that police reports get filled out all the time for "unknown assailants".

You can also commit felony perjury without specifying an individual. For example, claiming you saw some unknwn guy running from the scene to create plausibility that this mystery individual committed a crime instead of a friend etc.

However, specific to this case she only made false statements which carries at most a fine.

Had she come clean when the police showed up then she would be in no legal trouble.

I would think she is facing much larger problems from the university. Her involvement in the radio show is probably ended, she'll be lucky not to be expelled.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:56 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Normally nothing.
Just ask anyone who has tried to press charges.

And who, exactly, did she accuse?

I believe you mean counseling, not counciling.
Really? There are no folks in prison, doing time, for rape?

Old 05-02-2013, 12:58 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Someone got law enforcement involved. I doubt it was her.

Some posters don't seem to understand that police reports get filled out all the time for "unknown assailants".

You can also commit felony perjury without specifying an individual. For example, claiming you saw some unknwn guy running from the scene to create plausibility that this mystery individual committed a crime instead of a friend etc.

However, specific to this case she only made false statements which carries at most a fine.

Had she come clean when the police showed up then she would be in no legal trouble.

I would think she is facing much larger problems from the university. Her involvement in the radio show is probably ended, she'll be lucky not to be expelled.
Well that spells it out nicely. I am aware of a case local to where I live, where a female had falsely accused "uknown assailants" of bodily injury motivated by hatred toward her sexual orientation. In fact, this case was mentioned earlier in this thread. In that specific case, she had the potential for prison time (not sure how it ended up), but she did, unlike in this case, file a police report.

In this particular case, I assume she will get a slap on the wrist, but will remain steadily unemployed and tarnished for many years to come.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
According to section 314 of the crimes act, these types of false allegations can result in up to 7 years in a federal prison.

I'm no lawyer, but that seems pretty black and white.
Allegations against whom?
Who was the actor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote11 View Post
This certainly doesn't surprise me. A lot of rape stories are fabricated.
About 8% of all reported crimes (across the board, ALL crimes) are falsely reported.
That's a lot?

So you ignore the 92% that are true because it's easier to think they're not.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:28 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,809 times
Doesn't natter democrat or republican....makes me sick when women do the false rape allegations-or in this case false rape threat.....

Old 05-02-2013, 02:32 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Allegations against whom?
Who was the actor?
Is there something preventing you from comprehending the conversation up until this point?

I think that, given the facts that we now know, the common consensus here now is that because this female liar did not go as far as to file a police report, she may be let off with a slap on the wrist.

But, had she filed a police report, and used law enforcement resources to pursue this case, that the punishment could result in significant prison time - regardless of whether or not she pinpointed an individual.

Did you miss all of that, or are you just wanting to argue?

Old 05-02-2013, 02:34 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,085 times
Not surprising.....

Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,784,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Clearly the action of one person shows how an entire group of people "roll"

Like how conservatives molest children, cuz of that one guy who was a child molester and a huge right wing conservative.

Grow up, the world's a fine place if you stop living in paranoia.

It's funny how when the shoe is on the other foot liberals seem to become moderates. "Don't lump us all in the same basket", yet as soon as a conservative say's anything out of line; ALL CONSERVATIVES become targets.

This game of selective ignorance from both sides is getting old.

The fact that both extreme liberals and conservatives hate Libertarians makes me proud to be one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies