Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 06:07 PM

59,041 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Why do these janitors insist on discriminating against people who speak the most common language in the country (English), by speaking only Spanish?

Apparently it's possible to file grievances against such discrimination. When will the Auraria Higher Education Center begin such a filing?
Why were they hired in the first place?

How were they hired?

If they couldn't read the forms, how did they fill them out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 06:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The reason that Spanish is being demanded to get a job in Calif. and many other southwest areas is to be able to pander to illegal aliens and their lazy counterpart citizens who want to be dealt with in Spanish rather than English. It is discrimination against native English speakers in hiring practices. I will be damned if I would learn Spanish for that reason. You're just contributing to the invasion and lazy arrogant Hispanics who have no respect for this nation's language. You must be so proud.

Oldglory; once again, spoken as a champ, even though there will be those who disagree, and we know who they are.

I don't have a problem with these people speaking their language as my italian grandparents did. The difference is around english speaking people my realitives actually spoke english to them. With an Italian broken accent but they made sure to learn english. And i know others from european Countries, who are here, that speak their own language, no problema, but around americans speak english.

It is not up to any of us, to make life easier on these people who many are here illegally. Should we also hand them a welcome-mat and basket.

Go to other Countries as i have in the past, and even in Italay, i had to speak Italian, i am not great at it, even though this is my nationality, but i do the best i can. A lot of people do speak english now a days, but many do not. No Country makes life easier on Americans, but yet we are suppose to bow down, to those who demand certain things be a certain way, something wrong with this picture.

May not think so, but the way we are headed, many people whom i know are not very happy. The writing is on the wall.

We are each superior equally. But you would never know this!

Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I took Spanish in junior high and high school (6 full years) and my first job after high school had me working alongside Spanish speaking guys. I didn't set out to learn it. I had to in order to graduate and then it benefited me in the workplace. What's wrong with that?
My question is why didn't they know or speak English?

Old 05-02-2013, 06:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We will end up with a service class that cannot speak English.

You want to learn Spanish so you can speak to the janitor at work..have at it.
Me..I write code and communicate with other programmers worldwide..in English.

English is the language of globalism and business. If you want to get ahead and be part of it then learn English else be left behind doing the manual service work.

I think South Florida is the exception as that is a big hub for South American banking/business.
And you know what not going to say what field my friend works in, but when certain people try to speak with you and they find out you don't speak spanish. They not only get irate, they get damn pissed off, and act as if there is a stick up their u know.

They truly really, honestly sincerely, get a attitude you know what it stinks. For people who want to learn a second language third fourth, however many they want great. Not a law that says we have to learn a second language. To learn a language just to apease a certain group, sucks. I am sorry, oopsssssssssssss did i say that, yup always keeping it real. These people are too damn demanding.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Minority's need the USA. The USA doesn't need minorities. Speak English or go home.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:50 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Keep your fascist views to yourself!
Keep your stupid and misguided views to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies