Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 04:27 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Perhaps if you ever post something that contains even a modicum of sense I'll oblige you with a considered response.
The Penallty: Your on ignore and none of your posts will be read from this contribution for 3 full days, which included this above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 04:30 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Kissing in a role-playing activity is pretty bad. If it were for theater, that would be different. In this case, it just seems nonsense.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Im not a lawyer, but could easily get a guilty verdict. An adult is responsible for their actions.

So far...I see no case in defense of the Classroom Pedophilia. So the charges stand.
No and no.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Kissing in a role-playing activity is pretty bad. If it were for theater, that would be different. In this case, it just seems nonsense.
No one was kissing. No one was forced to kiss. There was no kissing.

The students were asked to pair up and ASK for a kiss, so the other could practice saying no to unwanted advances.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
What kissing? There was no kissing.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:38 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No one was kissing. No one was forced to kiss. There was no kissing.

The students were asked to pair up and ASK for a kiss, so the other could practice saying no to unwanted advances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What kissing? There was no kissing.
Ah. So how is that a gay agenda?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:52 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
No and no.

This is not a defense, ( good luck with that) the charges stand.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:05 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Thank you, jjrose, for being a voice of reason even in the midst of a lynch mob!

This sentence doesn't make any sense. But I get the feeling I'd still have to ask "What's your point?" even if it did...

There is absolutely no proof of a "gay agenda", that is some hidden or vastly denied goal of gays who want to get legally married; this is a conspiracy theory created by Republicans who are seeking to compete with the 9/11 "truthers". Only a non-thinker would buy any of this garbage.

Now, back to the other side of this topic. I do think the school should've mentioned this exercise to parents as it does entail interaction between students whereby one, regardless of the reason, asks another for romantic/sexual attention. Not saying it's a bad idea all around, but it's not something I feel the school should decide to do on their own.
If homosexual sex is discussed in schools, then that more than ample evidence there's a gay agenda. Homo sex is not normal, should not be accepted as normal, and should not be taught as normal. Get your head out of the sand.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:06 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Whether it was an advance or a kiss....no matter.

The bottom line is kids were like "WTH....why?....." in their mind....

Old 05-05-2013, 05:12 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Because a parent who raised YOU can instill their values and experience unto their grandchildren. And that is part of culture and tradition.
Why should the education of our youth be limited to what their parents can teach them about taking care of a baby? This doesn't have much to do with values; it's a rather practical thing. I just don't see how the paranoia can stretch that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I don't want a cog in the machine of the state molding my childs values. It's not their business.
Everything is everyone's business. But I can understand not wanting the school to promote certain values that should not necessarily be universal (liberalism, conservativism, religion, etc.). However, taking proper care of a baby (as well as the general idea of turning a sexual advance down until you're at least out of high school) are just plain great ideas. We can disagree on exactly HOW these things should be taught, but if we agree they should be taught, why not make SURE they're taught to EVERYONE? I just don't see the need to shield children from the truth just because we've made up the idea that it's not someone else's "place" to teach it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
This is the second time you have repeated this view of yours in the thread. It would be very naive of you to believe homosexual advocacy groups did not have an agenda, as all groups regardless of their purpose, have an agenda.
That is not what I'm disagreeing with. I'm challenging the entirely unfounded claim that people who stand for gay rights want anything more than exactly that: equality for homosexuals to marry and adopt. It's not my "view" that carries the burden of proof; it's the view that the fight for gay rights is about something more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies