Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So what?

Do you think that Compazine, Reglan, and droperidol are so terrible that they cannot be used for nausea?

Do you think that atracurium and vecuronium are terrible neuromuscular blocking agents?

Many cheaper drugs work just fine. When medicaid and medicare patients are prescribed meds in a clinic, one prescribes only drugs that are on thier approved formulary, such that the patient does not go broke paying for meds.

That is good practice and common sense.
Did I make a statement of judgement about the facts I posted?

However, I have learned each patient is best treated by the best treatment for that patient and that patient's particular health situation rather than the dictates of a third party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 08:25 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
My family doctor does not accept Medicaid.

It's a pleasure being in a waiting room with only productive people!

Never waited longer than half an hour to be seen, either.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:41 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Welcome to government-run healthcare.

I left a practice because of this.
Because of what? I'm easily confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
My family doctor does not accept Medicaid.

It's a pleasure being in a waiting room with only productive people!

My family doctor does accept Medicaid.

It's a pleasure being in a waiting room with only poor people.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:43 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
We all should pay into the system. If we did then yes I would be paying for you as well and I wouldn't have the slightest problem with that. Your attitude is why conservatives are seen as nothing more than cruel, heartless b*****ds by the general public. And THAT, my friend, is why you are losing elections. Get used to that by the way.
Exactly. We ALL should pay into the system. Except, we ALL aren't. That is the point. I am paying for the sick lame and lazy. And you liberals could care less. You have no plan whatsoever to end this bottom less pit of people and how to pay for them, except to raise my taxes. And I really think YOU should get used to it. There is going to come a time when people revolt against this nonstop insanity.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:33 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
Man, now I'm wondering if I'm one of those entitled people doctors are complaining about. lol. My son was on medicaid for about a year after my ex-husband left us. During the Swine Flu scare, he had a runny nose and a low grade fever, so I made an appointment with a GP just to make sure he didn't have the flu. We ended up being her last appointment of the day. She insisted that I put him in the hospital overnight because she didn't want to wait for the test results to see if he had the flu. I can understand that, but there were people diagnosed with Swine Flu in the hospital at the time, so I wasn't into the idea of potentially exposing him to the virus if he didn't already have it. I also got MRSA while in the hospital and it almost killed me, so I know that hospitals are not the safest place to be, especially for a 2 year old. I also didn't want to make him sleep in a strange place and be hooked up to an IV if he was not even very sick...which he didn't appear to be, I was just taking him to the doctor to be 100% sure he wasn't.

Anyway, I was very polite about it, but told her I wasn't putting him in the hospital unless he had the flu. She also insisted that he was severely dehydrated which could not be true at all since he had no diarrhea and had been drinking fluids fine all day. Anyway, she had to stay about 20 minutes after 5 to get the results back, although I would have been fine going home and waiting until the next morning, as my son did not appear to be very sick at all. But I guess she was worried about liability. I understand that too, but she should structure her appointments in a way so she doesn't feel the need to put a non-sick kid in the hospital so she can leave on time. Anyway, he didn't have the flu. We went home and he was fine the next day.

About a month later, I went to that doctor because I had IBS symptoms and it was affecting me at work...I was running to the bathroom all day. I was using my employer's insurance to pay for it, not medicaid. After a few minutes, she found out that I had had a colectomy and immediately told me, "You just have dumping syndrome" in a very condescending voice. And that was it. She didn't give me a treatment and tell me how to deal with it, just left me with, "You just have dumping syndrome."

I went home and googled dumping syndrome so I could try to figure out how to deal with it on my own. Turns out, dumping syndrome is caused by gastric bypass surgery. A collectomy would not cause it. Later, I realized that a medication I was taking could cause IBS like symptoms. I discontinued the medication and my problem was solved. So basically, she charged my insurance $170 so she could be rude to me and let me diagnose and treat myself.

In retrospect after reading this thread, I wonder if she was rude because she thought I was one of those selfish, greedy medicaid users because I refused to let her put my son's health in danger for her convenience...

And it goes both ways. Doctors shouldn't be allowed to charge the rates they do to not even diagnose or treat anything!

Another thing, the system really is set up to hold some of us hostage. I could have tested my son for the flu and forgone the whole doctor if I had access to a lab. But they have a monopoly on even simple things like strep tests.
No one is thinking of you as an " entitled people." Due to the circumstances your child needed medical coverage and that's what it's there for. I also don't think the doctor was being like that because of the situation with your son - there are a few bad apples in every bunch and I'e run into more than a few that are more worried about tee time than the patients they have to see that day.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
OR, like most of those stories here, she just made it up.

MB - you may disagree with me - but I really take offense when I'n called a lier. I don't know why some people are so ignorant that there might be things happening out there that they aren't aware of or that differ with their point of view.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
New York also does home visits to verify if a boyfriend lives with someone who is getting government assistance:

Can My Boyfriend Live with Me If I Get Welfare?

Doesn't sound like it's easy to work the system there. And really, why do I never hear stories on here about people reporting fraud and the welfare abusers getting caught? Sounds to me that the abuses must be fabricated or at least SOMEONE on here would report of a conviction. Apparently, they really don't know anyone who is actually abusing the system, or we would hear stories of convictions...

The problem - as said within the other post you started is that a caseworker had an estimated 550 cases to deal with - these people are lucky if they get a visit a year and then they are notified before hand. I'm really glad that you are so gullible to believe that people actually obey the rules - let alone read them.

Old 11-10-2021, 05:49 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I fully believe that your health insurance should have no bearing in how you are treated, however, my mom stated that welfare people don't deserve the same kind of care. What are some opinions?
This is an easy question to answer. What would Jesus do? We are all God's people. Some people have been blessed to be more fortunate than others.

Old 11-10-2021, 06:09 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
This is an easy question to answer. What would Jesus do? We are all God's people. Some people have been blessed to be more fortunate than others.
But everyone gets sick and dies eventually. Many people who worked their entire lives end up on medicaid in the end. The United States delivery of health care ranks 37th in the west. Its one giant convoluted mess that confuses most people. That confusion is intentional.

Old 11-10-2021, 06:46 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I fully believe that your health insurance should have no bearing in how you are treated, however, my mom stated that welfare people don't deserve the same kind of care. What are some opinions?
Yes I do, they are human beings who just because they are poor, doesn’t mean they don’t have a right to be treated with respect and dignity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies