Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 05:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Many people may not remember when the Clintons tried health care reform and failed. Actually I should say it was Hillary's baby.

I remember reading an article back when I worked in the neuro ICU where Hillary Clinton was quoted to say that nurses are under educated and over paid. I remember the nurses were so furious about it and posted the article of the pittsburgh post newspaper on the bulletin board so everyone could read it. This was during the 90's so there is not internet documentation but you will find many nurses that remember it.

hillary-clintons-health-care-plan-is-slick-so-watch-your-step/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 05:22 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
You're confusing 1993, and 2007. But here's a more accurate detail plan of what she was proposing.

Hillary Clinton Unveils Plan For Reducing Health Care Costs

Quote:
Focus on prevention: wellness not sickness.

Use more computer technology: to increase security and accessibility of records, reduce costs and errors, and share research.

Co-ordinate and streamline the care of chronically ill patients.

Offer individuals and small businesses market access to larger insurance pools.

Improve the quality of care to help drive down costs: for example by "establishing an independent public-private Best Practices Institute".

Get prescription drug costs under control.
*** An important part of the solution would be to allow Medicare to negotiate for lower drug prices, to allow importation of cheaper drugs, and generics.***

Reform medical malpractice: in a way that works for doctors and patients alike.
But glad to see that Republican's and their scare tactic machines are already warming up in fear.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:27 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,755 times
I do remember it quite well and part of her bit about nurses I agree with 1st rate countries require an RN to a minimum of a BSN but only in the USA can an RN get an ADN. I worked as an LPN for decades and I ran across some pretty poorly trained RN's. I'm currently working as a patient sitter and the RN's are way over extended on the floors and again many of those new grad ADN's just don't have the clinical skills that RN's of yesterday had when they graduated. The biggest mistake made was doing away with the hospital based nursing programs, those diploma nurses could hit the ground running as they had way way more clinical hours than their BSN counter parts. Nursing has moved away from patient care in the hospitals it's now turned over to uneducated and poorly trained CNA's and Techs. RN's now spend very little time with their patients. The nursing programs today are really hit or miss some are good most are mediocure and some are really bad. The requirements to get into any nursing program has lowered and they let a lot through that should not be nurses at all, very few wash out these days.

I'm still for some sort of UHC, we need to eliminate the outragious administrative costs required by insurance companies today. I worked on a temp assignment in care management for a 350 bed hospital and that units department did little discharge planning most of the advanced degreed RN's sole job was to fight with insurance companies to get paid there were 54 RN's in that department most who had NO patient contact and spent their days fighting with insurance companies for coverage...think of what their salaries alone could have gone to.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
You're confusing 1993, and 2007. But here's a more accurate detail plan of what she was proposing.

Hillary Clinton Unveils Plan For Reducing Health Care Costs

But glad to see that Republican's and their scare tactic machines are already warming up in fear.
uhm no I am not confusing it. And already you refuse to hear the facts. Hillary DID say that nurses were undereducated and over paid.

Last edited by petch751; 05-04-2013 at 06:19 PM..

Old 05-04-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I do remember it quite well and part of her bit about nurses I agree with 1st rate countries require an RN to a minimum of a BSN but only in the USA can an RN get an ADN. I worked as an LPN for decades and I ran across some pretty poorly trained RN's. I'm currently working as a patient sitter and the RN's are way over extended on the floors and again many of those new grad ADN's just don't have the clinical skills that RN's of yesterday had when they graduated. The biggest mistake made was doing away with the hospital based nursing programs, those diploma nurses could hit the ground running as they had way way more clinical hours than their BSN counter parts.

Nursing has moved away from patient care in the hospitals it's now turned over to uneducated and poorly trained CNA's and Techs. RN's now spend very little time with their patients. The nursing programs today are really hit or miss some are good most are mediocure and some are really bad. The requirements to get into any nursing program has lowered and they let a lot through that should not be nurses at all, very few wash out these days.

I'm still for some sort of UHC, we need to eliminate the outragious administrative costs required by insurance companies today. I worked on a temp assignment in care management for a 350 bed hospital and that units department did little discharge planning most of the advanced degreed RN's sole job was to fight with insurance companies to get paid there were 54 RN's in that department most who had NO patient contact and spent their days fighting with insurance companies for coverage...think of what their salaries alone could have gone to.
I got out of the medical field. CNA's are stretch to their limits, and the nurse to patient ratio is just too dangerous. There is nothing worse than on the ride home worrying, did I do this, did I do that, oh yes, I did chart this and that, cyb all the time. The work load is dangerous for patients. I thank GOD to be out of healthcare.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:18 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Many people may not remember when the Clintons tried health care reform and failed. Actually I should say it was Hillary's baby.

I remember reading an article back when I worked in the neuro ICU where Hillary Clinton was quoted to say that nurses are under educated and over paid. I remember the nurses were so furious about it and posted the article of the pittsburgh post newspaper on the bulletin board so everyone could read it. This was during the 90's so there is not internet documentation but you will find many nurses that remember it.

hillary-clintons-health-care-plan-is-slick-so-watch-your-step/
You have no proof that Hillary said that, which means you're lying.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
You have no proof that Hillary said yet, which means you're lying.
Winter_sucks I know you want to put your nose up Hillary's ass next but I KNOW what I read and heard back then. The nurses were furious about it too. Do you even remember when Hillary tried pushing health care reform though and failed.

Search the internet, you will find a number of nurses who say, unequivocally, that they personally heard her denigrate the status of nurses. One person saying such a thing might just be a crank. A bunch of people from different places saying the same thing has to make you wonder.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:16 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
uhm no I am not confusing it. And already you refuse to hear the facts. Hillary DID say that nurses were undereducated and over paid.
Repeating things which are not true, which are lies ... doesn't change the fact that they're still lies.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I do remember it quite well and part of her bit about nurses I agree with 1st rate countries require an RN to a minimum of a BSN but only in the USA can an RN get an ADN. I worked as an LPN for decades and I ran across some pretty poorly trained RN's. I'm currently working as a patient sitter and the RN's are way over extended on the floors and again many of those new grad ADN's just don't have the clinical skills that RN's of yesterday had when they graduated. The biggest mistake made was doing away with the hospital based nursing programs, those diploma nurses could hit the ground running as they had way way more clinical hours than their BSN counter parts. Nursing has moved away from patient care in the hospitals it's now turned over to uneducated and poorly trained CNA's and Techs. RN's now spend very little time with their patients. The nursing programs today are really hit or miss some are good most are mediocure and some are really bad. The requirements to get into any nursing program has lowered and they let a lot through that should not be nurses at all, very few wash out these days.

While I completely agree that RNs should have a BSN, the requirements for entry into nursing practice vary from country to country. Some first world countries require less than the US.

http://www.foreso.ch/Presentations_p...WestEurope.pdf

Most ADN programs have wait lists and BSN programs have rigorous entry requirements.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:02 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Winter_sucks I know you want to put your nose up Hillary's ass next but I KNOW what I read and heard back then. The nurses were furious about it too. Do you even remember when Hillary tried pushing health care reform though and failed.

Search the internet, you will find a number of nurses who say, unequivocally, that they personally heard her denigrate the status of nurses. One person saying such a thing might just be a crank. A bunch of people from different places saying the same thing has to make you wonder.
How unhinged will you get when Hillary is president?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies