Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 12:36 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
South to west is correct. I have black friends who get hassled if they enter the wrong neighborhood at night. They are middle class hard working and most are veterans. In this they have the right to be outraged. I know that I would be.
Jessie and Al represent Jessie and Al not all blacks. Many blacks have a right to feel persecuted because many blacks are persecuted.
As far as what dog said? Who cares. His show bites and he has already been revealed as a fraud. Did he say the word on his show? Does he publicly condone racism? That is what would matter. Dog is white trash and it shows. He is an embarrassment at worst and a joke at best.

I agree with most of what you said, but Dog isn't "White" Trash, he's just trashy. Trash is trash, no matter what color you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 12:39 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
A lot of white folks need to realize that blacks don't blindly follow Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. On top of that, any criticism hurled at them from the right really doesn't phase or upset us, so stop giving them too much credit. You should probably talk to more black folks about them and get the real deal then making assumptions by only what you see on TV--and really, I'm not pointing fingers. We all get a lot of our news from television, but simple dialogue with someone from another background may open your eyes some more. It has worked for me in my short life.

Grindin,

Thanks for the excellent explanation.

You're welcome south-to-west. Like I said, not a simple answer, but it is what it is...

And I will co-sign that people give Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson too much credit. They hardly represent me, and I do think that Oprah, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice are better role models for the black community, regardless of how I may feel about their politics and whatnot.

It's the media that runs to them everytime something happens that involves black people. How do you think they are going to respond?

Personally, I think Al Sharpton spends too much time under the hairdryer for his own good.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:20 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,147 times
Default I don't have time to read the other 111 posts

so I repeat someone I apologize

I heard the recording of Dog (or is it "Mr Dog"?)

in my opinion, what he said was offensive, but certainly not of the "Michael Richards, lets meet with Al Sharpton" level. It sounds like he generally uses the "N word" about the same as most inner city folks playing basketball. Sure, I know that there are still some differences, but lets be honest... the biggest difference is by far his skin color. If you are going to get mad at Dog, you should also crack down on rappers and baggy pants teens as well.

Don't misunderstand me though, I am certainly not voicing support for him.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:17 PM

107 posts, read 432,185 times
Default Stop the n - WORD

Let make no song ,movies using the N-Word , All black people turn down record deals Movie script with the n- word, Less promotion of the word the Less accpetance we might be,,,,,,,, Is Tucker g f a nice girl or trouble that DAd the Dog just hate who know Who Care Feel theLOVE

Old 11-04-2007, 07:10 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Absolutely wrong. I can tell you a countless number of middle class black neighborhoods that you can go to as a white guy. That's just crazy. I bring my white friends and girlfriends to family members' homes whom live in mostly black neighborhoods constantly. A lot of whites own businesses in predominantly black neighborhoods. Bill Clinton has his office in Harlem. Etc, etc.

However, I do agree with you that the term "white trash" is offensive.
Maybe where you live but not here, there are no middle class black neighborhoods, everybody is mixed together, black, hispanic and white, but if you go to a all black neighborhood here you will be beat or killed or arrested.
Don't take me wrong because my best friend is black, I don't judge people by their color, I judge people by their actions.
I don't care for the N word and you won't hear me saying it but what happened with the Dog was wrong, it was a private conversation and it should have stayed that way, people calling him white trash is no better than the N word to me.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Try being a white person going into a black neighborhood at night, you probably wouldn't make it out alive and calling someone White trash is just like using the N word.
White trash is what it is... They are an embarrassment because they choose to remain ignorant and low class. Money does not buy class and Dog is living proof of this.
Because some black neighborhoods are bad has no bearing on honest blacks catching hassel for no reason.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I agree with most of what you said, but Dog isn't "White" Trash, he's just trashy. Trash is trash, no matter what color you are.
Agreed but the fact remains he happens to be white ie white trash.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:38 PM

162 posts, read 503,944 times
I don't care for the show, but I still wonder why it was cut...I mean it does not appear to be a show that would be appealing to the African American population anyway, so why make such a big deal over it? Don't we have more important things to make the news these days? I am thinking the media just likes to stir things up. As for "The Dog" I think he should reevaluate his relationships within his family....sounds like he has trouble in paradise!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:30 PM

432 posts, read 1,879,274 times
Maybe he would have made any subsequent shows about his side of it, and that just wouldn't have been as interesting as giving people a cigarette and praying with them before he sends them back to jail.

I think if he catches Osama, A&E will be there for the cigarette and the yeah bra, you gotta cut this sh*t out grandstand. That would be worth seeing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies