Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 02:22 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,364,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No we don't. YOU do.

I'm not for banning all abortions.
I was just commenting on how casual it's become and what people are now using it for..selection.
I'm sure that was not thought about years ago when it became legal.

Do you realize what that can do to a population over time ?
Look at China regarding sex selection births.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not in the US but it has problems in India/China where it's been practiced for a long time.
And many are working on this "problem" because it has become a problem after many years of practice.
But that's OK. We're not a proactive type of people. We wait until the crisis hits us in the face and it's too late to fix.

A Problem-and-Solution Mismatch: Son Preference and Sex-Selective Abortion Bans
At the macro level, the results of entrenched son preference are highly skewed national sex ratios, which in turn can have decidedly negative social consequences—again, largely for women and girls. Societies with heavily lopsided sex ratios may face a dearth of women for marriage, which could increase the likelihood of coerced marriages or bride abduction, trafficking of women and girls, and rape and other violence against women and girls. A large cohort of young, single men may lead to more crime-ridden, violent communities and general societal insecurity, especially in cultures where social standing is closely connected with marital status and fatherhood.
Women’s rights advocates, researchers, multilateral agencies and affected governments have been working on the problem of son preference and the outcome of imbalanced sex ratios for many years; however, with the limited exception of South Korea, relatively little headway has been made
Well, it's not a problem here in the US, despite abortion being available for the past 40 years.
**http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ReproductiveHealth/story?id=3024044&page=1#.UYa-aMoanyB
new study has renewed the debate among public health experts over figures that seem to show a gradual but persistent decrease in the ratio between the birth of baby boys and baby girls.

The authors of the study, published in this week's edition of the online journal Environmental Health Perspectives, point out that the proportion of baby boys being born has fallen each year in the United States and Japan since the 1970s, according to public health records in both countries.

You can relax and worry about something else now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 02:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,965,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't want politicians being involved in anything that is medical. That's what physicians are for. And yes, there can be some bad ones but don't sit here and try to say there are no bad politicians or laws because I WILL reach thru this screen and B***H slap you. Politicians are not and should never be the TOP DOG when it comes to all things.

What we really need are some boundaries.
Can I assume this includes the idea of politicians enforcing mandatory vaccine's also?

Old 05-05-2013, 02:43 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,889,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am talking about those who wish to take away a woman's most basic rights once she becomes pregnant. Those who think at that point her only purpose in life is to incubate a fetus.....regardless of how she feels about it.

And how can you even ask this question when there are people out there trying to legislate that it is OK to lie to woman once she is pregnant? Because at that point, she is no longer a person with rights.....she is just an incubator........ who doesn't even need to know what's going on because she shouldn't be allowed to make a choice anyway.

I can just imagine the uproar if we tried to do that to men.

"Yes, you have prostrate cancer and there are several methods to treat it.....but you don't need to know what they are.....we will make that decision for you." Can you imagine?
I think we all need to stop buying into politics that drive us against each other. Roe vs Wade cannot be easily overturned even tough some on the left like to make others think this.

We do need to regulate PP and make sure what they are doing is safe and done in the correct way and not a cattle lot. Partial birth abortion is just right out cruel....

Even religious people get abortions, it's policy makers that are carrying on this fight.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,048,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think we all need to stop buying into politics that drive us against each other. Roe vs Wade cannot be easily overturned even tough some on the left like to make others think this.

We do need to regulate PP and make sure what they are doing is safe and done in the correct way and not a cattle lot. Partial birth abortion is just right out cruel....

Even religious people get abortions, it's policy makers that are carrying on this fight.
Thus is why people like me are all for legal, safe, and well regulated abortions so that the proper care is being done.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thus is why people like me are all for legal, safe, and well regulated abortions so that the proper care is being done.
It does make one wonder how this Dr Gosnell got away with abortions for so long and his house of horrors. To think women are still having back alley abortions is sad.

Actually, why abortions are not done in the hospital is beyond me or at least a medical place with proper people and proper advising. I'm not sure how many people know the kinds of people who work in these PP clinics, but some barely have a high diploma.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:16 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,364,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It does make one wonder how this Dr Gosnell got away with abortions for so long and his house of horrors. To think women are still having back alley abortions is sad.

Actually, why abortions are not done in the hospital is beyond me or at least a medical place with proper people and proper advising. I'm not sure how many people know the kinds of people who work in these PP clinics, but some barely have a high diploma.
And who do you think is working in hospitals?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:46 PM

26,917 posts, read 15,124,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh great, the weekly anti-choice, anti-woman thread.
I used to have to wait until Wednesday and the lifenews lying updates for this.

As oppossed to the anti- baby year we have year after year as over a million are killed per annum.

"Choice"?
"Anti-Women"

Ha!
Infanticide.
How many of them are female?

That's not Pro- Women at all, they weren't given the choice to live.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,048,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
As oppossed to the anti- baby year we have year after year as over a million are killed per annum.

"Choice"?
"Anti-Women"

Ha!
Infanticide.
How many of them are female?

That's not Pro- Women at all, they weren't given the choice to live.
How many children are born a year? A fetus needs a host to be born a child, if you find a way to let men carry these fetuses to term, then I think you would be on to something.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:26 PM

37,074 posts, read 42,043,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Can I assume this includes the idea of politicians enforcing mandatory vaccine's also?
Communicable diseases are bigger than the individual are they not?t Let me say up front I think we push too many vaccines. If it's not communicable and dangerous it probably doesn't need to be mandatory. But how many vaccines fit that description? Whatever the number of those...yes...then you have my support. I don't mind arguing this vaccine thing because I know for a FACT that if we stopped requiring vaccines and diseases came back and spread, everyone with a functioning brain would be begging for a vaccine and lining up for their shots. The rest, ok...let 'em go. I don't care.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And who do you think is working in hospitals?
I was referring to the workers at PP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies