Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 11:42 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,774,151 times

Advertisements

The feminist movement created most if not all the problems we are having with the destruction of the family and the all the social ills that came with it. The core issues of abortion and equal pay I have no problem with but the movement has run amok and women have created a social welfare system that is rife with waste fraud and abuse. To blame these problems on religious dogma is a simple (minded) cause and one so far off the mark its laughable . In fact it was the rejection of religious ideas that helped usher in the civil rights movement with all its good and the social problems destroying the family, our moral fabric and threatening to bankrubt the country

Lets use my wifes culture in the Philippine Islands to illustrate a comparison. If a young girl becomes pregnant there are no social programs she can turn to to bail her out. Her family is embarrased, her community scorns her and she alone is charged with the finaincial support of that child. Usually this young women will take a contract job overseas leaving the baby in the care of family. She will work as a domestic or in some factory for 6 days a week sending every penny she possibly can back home to support her child and the family that is now caring for that child. I might add that the PIs are a very Catholic society so your half baked non sense about some religious doctrine influencing our social problems is a short sighted and uninformed opinion. As we see in this example religion is one of the institutions supporting family values which is the only safety net available to a young un married mother

Now lets take the same scenario in the US. Entitled snot nosed immature little girl decides she doesnt like the rules in mom and dads house. She steps out and gets knocked up and just like in the PIs embarrases her family but thats where the similarities end. Instead of taking financial responsability the surrogate father known as the state steps in with an Apartment, Food stamps, WIC, full medical, SSI, and even day care or a pell grant if she has half an initiative to get off her lazy entitled arse and do something to change and get off the dole. We have actually created an environment where we incentivise single motherhood in the immature eyes of a 16 YO. I come from a small town in the mid west and I saw this happen over and again. The last welfare queen I saw in this situation had a 1/4 barrel on ice in her sink., couple fresh packs of Marlboros and asack of weed for her traditional Friday night get together.

We are obligated to take care of the children born into poverty and circumstances beyond their control. As I said I have no problem with the civil rights movement and the core issues it aimed to solve. The problem is the feminazis have lurched way to the left and is unrecognizable today as a mainstream ploitical movement. If you want proof of how sick our society is all you have to do is look at our broken social welfare system or family courts and the power our laws have put into the hands of this lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I do. I have someone like that in my family. She was raised in that "baby culture" and now her daughter, who is once-divorced, is having kid #2 before she is married to guy #2 and she cannot handle kid #1. In that family, if you are a woman, you have kids. This is a fairly common mindset in much of the rural Midwest and I would bet my bottom dollar it's even stronger in most of the rural South. This is far from being just an urban problem.

Show me a fervently religious culture and I will show you one that treats women as serial breeders. The key is to advancing any civilization is breaking that mold for women.

Last edited by boner; 05-05-2013 at 12:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 11:44 AM

25,804 posts, read 16,451,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
To me, its just about manners. I don't live in your little world of - liberal this and conservative that. If someone comes out with thinly veiled hate talk and it's an issue that matters to me, then I speak/act.
"Bastard" is an unfortunate and outdated term for sure.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:17 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,294,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
For starters, not all single mothers are without the baby's father. The article makes no mention of that, so we just don't know. Also, how many of these single mothers are actually divorced mothers who married and had children young?

The article seems to talk only about single mothers, but does nothing to talk about the fathers of these children. I would say the best advice would be to push the education with girls when they are in school that the better the eduction they get, and waiting till marriage before having children, as well as teaching them about safe sex would decrease these numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So you just make up a conclusion that satisfies you and then "move on".
Do you do this with all issues ? Why not do some research to find out the truth ?
Around 45% of single mothers have never married, around 55% are either divorced, separated or widowed. Half have one child, 30% have two.

Single Mother Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The fastest way to poverty is being single parent.

Lefties say "well then, kill them before they're born!"

As if there are only two choices....tax payers must take responsibility for your lack of such, or tax payers must pay for you to murder your child in utero.
Maybe, OR...the quickest route out of poverty (depending on the ambition, motivation, and ethical standards you were raised with) is to have a child, not get married, live/don't live with the father/boyfriend, sign up for tax payer subsidized/government benefits (cash benefits, food stamps, medical/dental/ vision benefits for YOURSELF and your baby, section 8 housing and...)

When you become bored and/or disillusioned with being a stay at home mommy, speak with your caseworker about enrolling in a community college. Once you do that little diity of filling out and filing appropriate paperwork you will then be approved (undoubtedly) for FREE tuition, FREE books, AND FREE daycare through/with the Department of Human Services. Yippee, NOW we can pursue an education, have someone else raise the baby while we are doing what we should have done before we decided to get pregnant and be a single mother.

[quote=Beenhere4ever;29429111] J. K. Dowling was a single mom. Halle Berry is one, too. But I get what they are talking about. Celebrity worship has opened the floodgates of unprotected sex. Women don't even WANT men to do it with protection. There's some mental disconnect about raising kids in some sort of stable environment. That would mean NOT NECESSARILY having the dad (who sometimes, frankly, is a complete loser) around. It just means an ability to pay for housing and food and clothing. To conceive without the shred of a plan for the survival of the kid is sociopathic. I'm pretty liberal, but this is just one more sign of social degeneracy (along with bankers who strip wealth from thousands of people for luxuries they don't need). I'm way less concerned about "bankrupting us" than I am about how such a society can move forward and solve the challenges we can't dodge. It insures a population unable to function on a family level. And that gets reflected in things like our elections. It is quite possible our national paralysis is nothing more than a sign of where incompetence on a root level has left us. We are "drugged" by too many toxic things, and a body like that loses survival functions. [/quote

SOME women don't want to practice safe sex...and that IS part of the plan...

Oh, they have a plan alright...

They have NOT lost the ability/desire to survive, it is now only at the taxpayer/government expense. They have a baby, gain their independence (read: get to live on their own and out of the parental home they were raised in, at the taxpayer's expense). They are content to survive on someone else's dime. I would hope and pray that we would want more than a nation of merely survivors but rather a nation of educated and motivated citizenry desirous of making a contribution to this country, at every participatory level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
<snip> And when I first started going into the poverty area schools couldn't believe it myself. But 3 years and several school districts later..this is their way of life.
And the kids are being brought up with this sentiment.

<snip> Yeah..I know..they are poor, they need school supplies, it's only fair.
That kid toting the iPhone and wearing designer clothes really can afford pencils and notebooks.
The priorities are so misplaced and out of whack that it's beyond sad.

We pay for free lunches and they toss them in the garbage and buy from the snack counter day after day after day. <snip>

Go ahead and label me what you want. This is what I see day after day. <snip>.
This^

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Last edited by HomeIsWhere...; 05-05-2013 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Highlighting and a word change...(which was redacted?)

Old 05-05-2013, 04:24 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,303,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post
I was talking about this:

Could someone find that Pioneer Press article?
I found the census newsroom article:

About 6 in 10 Recent Moms in Their Early 20s are Unmarried, Census Bureau Reports - American Community Survey (ACS) - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

and the data:

http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/acs-21.pdf

I suggest that everyone read the articles and data before continuing.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:32 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,692,233 times
If you can't afford your children and expect others to pay it seems as if the author has a point. Who pays to make sure your child survives if you can't?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:51 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,534,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
The feminist movement created most if not all the problems we are having with the destruction of the family and the all the social ills that came with it. The core issues of abortion and equal pay I have no problem with but the movement has run amok and women have created a social welfare system that is rife with waste fraud and abuse. To blame these problems on religious dogma is a simple (minded) cause and one so far off the mark its laughable . In fact it was the rejection of religious ideas that helped usher in the civil rights movement with all its good and the social problems destroying the family, our moral fabric and threatening to bankrubt the country
It was the rejection of religious ideas? I find that laughable as I have never heard that Jesus preached segregation. Also, it was a two way street. It's not as if the average white person in the south said, "You know what, civil rights it is! Guess we better respect the blacks now!" The sentence I have put in bold starts to give you away.

Quote:
Lets use my wifes culture in the Philippine Islands to illustrate a comparison. If a young girl becomes pregnant there are no social programs she can turn to to bail her out. Her family is embarrased, her community scorns her and she alone is charged with the finaincial support of that child. Usually this young women will take a contract job overseas leaving the baby in the care of family. She will work as a domestic or in some factory for 6 days a week sending every penny she possibly can back home to support her child and the family that is now caring for that child. I might add that the PIs are a very Catholic society so your half baked non sense about some religious doctrine influencing our social problems is a short sighted and uninformed opinion. As we see in this example religion is one of the institutions supporting family values which is the only safety net available to a young un married mother
It is also short sighted, not to mention disingenuous for you to compare a country built on Catholicism to a country built on separation of church and state. And it isn't religious doctrine that creates the problems in this country, by the way. It's people that refuse to accept that this is a country that was built on the belief that church and state should be separated that create the problems.

Quote:
Now lets take the same scenario in the US. Entitled snot nosed immature little girl decides she doesnt like the rules in mom and dads house. She steps out and gets knocked up and just like in the PIs embarrases her family but thats where the similarities end. Instead of taking financial responsability the surrogate father known as the state steps in with an Apartment, Food stamps, WIC, full medical, SSI, and even day care or a pell grant if she has half an initiative to get off her lazy entitled arse and do something to change and get off the dole. We have actually created an environment where we incentivise single motherhood in the immature eyes of a 16 YO. I come from a small town in the mid west and I saw this happen over and again. The last welfare queen I saw in this situation had a 1/4 barrel on ice in her sink., couple fresh packs of Marlboros and asack of weed for her traditional Friday night get together.
Is this a monetary issue or a moral issue to you? You need to make up your mind. If it's a monetary issue, you are incorrect as single mothers are not bankrupting us financially. Welfare and food stamps are a tiny part of our budget. Also, I find it odd that you are obviously friends with those you like to ostracize. I mean, really, what other explanation is there for you to know that a "welfare queen" had a half barrel in her sink and a sack of weed? (not to mention you knew this was traditional).

Quote:
We are obligated to take care of the children born into poverty and circumstances beyond their control. As I said I have no problem with the civil rights movement and the core issues it aimed to solve. The problem is the feminazis have lurched way to the left and is unrecognizable today as a mainstream ploitical movement. If you want proof of how sick our society is all you have to do is look at our broken social welfare system or family courts and the power our laws have put into the hands of this lobby
No, the problem is closed minded people such as yourself.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:46 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
This is what it is and what I realized for quite some time in my neck of the woods of NYC. Most women have babies while unwed and are in relationships with men that do not amount to anything, pretty much meaningless. From what I see most women are dating guys who are physically domineering, or has an amazing personality however can not provide, safety, security and stability which is essential in any relationship. What is happening now that I think society is moving into stage here in America where women are having kids with men for biological purposes, like example these days women want a tall man and not a short man even though the short man might be more stable, however the woman chooses the taller guy because her offsprings might be taller even though she may not marry the taller guy, but will most likely have his kids. Women are going to have kids with guys where relationships are only depend on physically attraction which wears off quickly these days. Another example is BBW women with slimmer guys, I tend to notice those relationships don't last long either. Women these days will stay in relationships with guys who fathered their kids until another guy comes along who is more stable and changes the picture, or the woman will leave raise kids on their own until a new man comes along.

Sad thing is that usually this was only a problem with Blacks and to a lesser extent Hispanics but now this is going to be a growing problem amongst whites in America. According to some statisticians that mostly uneducated women are becoming single mothers, but on the flip side most women have college degrees? I don't buy this. Its said women with college degrees are less likely to have kids out of wedlock than uneducated women which is true to some extent but I still don't buy it. What needs to happen is that the government and the media needs to change the image of a relationship but that's not going to happen anytime soon because the status quo is making money off of single parenthood while those that are in relationships view marriage as a business. Its a catch 22.

http://observer.com/2013/03/no-divor...ge-less-world/

Old 05-05-2013, 05:57 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,015,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Not to give single moms any break, but things like bailing out banks is making us more broke than single moms. Paying through the nose to contractors like Halliburton is likewise making us go broke. Let's not, while admitting that single moms and the unfettered births to retarded people is counterproductive, forget we have other expenses completely out of control. And what is being done to put a tourniquet on those gushing wounds?
obama keeps bragging that the banks paid back every dime......plus interest.

He saved us from the brink.

When will the recipient class pay back? Live decently? Clean their trashy neighborhoods? Sweep the street?

Old 05-05-2013, 06:35 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A good read. I don't agree 100% but at least this guy has the guts to write a story like this in a major newspaper.

Joe Soucheray: Single moms are making us broke - TwinCities.com
He wrote total nonsense. Welfare spending accounts for less than 10% of the federal budget. How much do we REALLY spend on Welfare? The author of your link is the king of hyperbole. Kudos to you for a nice job of knee jerking.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:42 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,457,200 times
Well, Ray1945, please remember that these single moms do produce kids who slide into the corrections systems for decades, who make it necessary to build up police forces to deal with their misbegotten kids, who deal drugs and justify the whole DEA budget. You can't just look at the welfare piece, anymore than you can look at costs of war without the lifelong costs of war injuries or the drug problems a lot of vets have. Some single moms are that way because of the jerks they let get them pregnant. As a result, some raise good kids. But the majority more than make up for this. They mess up their own lives, and then their cluelessness radiates out to mess up the lives of strangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies