Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 08:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Wow! 75 posts and counting just for today!!! That takes work. When did you have time to supervise your employees who work for you in your small business?
Yep, when you can't make a good argument then resume to attacking. So again, as much as you post, your boss should fire you. So is your job to convince people why getting a welfare check is moral.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You seem to read only what you want to. The majority here have no problem with public assistance - only the fact that there is alot of waste and it is getting worst - I'm not repeating old talking points as the past 6 years - not only has the abuse become worst but we continue to add more programs that does not help anyone get off the system.

I've thought about it - I took that breathe - still feel the same.
"abuse has become worse"........how about some proof for that statement? Also, are you saying no one ever gets off public assistance programs? If so, where is your proof for that belief?

When you have some proof for your claims, I'll pay attention to what you have to say.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, when you can't make a good argument then resume to attacking. So again, as much as you post, your boss should fire you. So is your job to convince people why getting a welfare check is moral.
Don't have a boss. As far as attacking, you should know all about that.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:38 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
For reasons like that, i'm proud that my taxes go to help people, and hope people like you continue to whine about it.
Are you proud that your taxes go to welfare cheats and leeches? And to rich people like Obama's buddies at Solyndra? Does that make you feel good?

Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
LOL. Human beings deserve food, shelter, and clothing simply because they are human beings. I mean, don't you conservatives believe that human life is sacred from the moment of conception? Interesting that the experience you claim to have had as a kid appears to have made you LESS COMPASSIONATE and somewhat bitter......seems you don't want anyone to have life any better than you did.
And if you Democrats believe it's OK to kill somebody before they are born, why not let them die after they are born?

Seems you only want to let babies die but not leeches. Maybe it's because Democrats are racists who are trying to prevent black babies from being born.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I prefer Ghandi. That's a pretty pathetic quote from Goldberg....what has he done that makes him so "wise"? Be careful when you answer; whatever you say may betray your real values.

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.”
Mahatma Gandhi
I like that one too, so I'll use it. I'm sure she was talking about Democrats.

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.”
Mahatma Gandhi

Old 05-07-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And if you Democrats believe it's OK to kill somebody before they are born, why not let them die after they are born?

Seems you only want to let babies die but not leeches. Maybe it's because Democrats are racists who are trying to prevent black babies from being born.
Geeezzzz. Is EVERYTHING Democrats/Republicans for you?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:24 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Quote:

Mahatma Gandhi
Gandhi was a man, FYI.

From the quote link:

Quote:
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, commonly known as Mahatma Gandhi, was the preeminent leader of Indian nationalism in British-ruled India. Employing non-violent civil disobedience, Gandhi led India to independence and inspired movements for non-violence, civil rights and freedom across the world.
You may want to rethink your off the cuff assessment.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:

Mahatma Gandhi
"she"?????????????

Old 05-07-2013, 10:44 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
LOL! Taxes are forced, by threat of imprisonment. If there was no threat, no one would pay their taxes, including such wonderful souls as yourself. That is a gun to your head, just because you choose to accept the gun and pretend its not there, does not make it any less of a gun to your head.

Again, you're completely wrong. Archaeological evidence shows that when people made the transition from hunter-gatherers and began living in permanent settlements, there were large granaries instead of every family or clan having their own. Mesa Verde, Chaco Canyon and Canyon de Chelly are Puebloan sites here in the U.S. that illustrate that fact. The Essenes, from whom we inherited the Dead Sea Scrolls and who are closely associated with Jesus, lived communally. Neanderthal burials have been excavated showing people who would not have been able to care for themselves yet lived into adulthood, showing a social consciousness. Money is highly overrated, as it truly cannot buy one happiness, love, wisdom or spiritual growth...some people did and do take vows of poverty so that money will not divert them from their studies and practices meant to nourish their spirits. I repeat my statement: I pay my taxes knowing that some will be spent in ways of which I approve, and that some will be spent in ways that I find objectionable. I don't consider it a gun to my head because I will benefit by living in this country until I draw my last breath, happy to live in a country where I have freedom of expression, of movement, of thought and of many choices in how I live my life. For thousands of years people have understood that the best way to live is to treat people as you would like for them to treat you; I try to live by that ancient sentiment. There is no need to roll your eyes; there are millions of people who see life the same way that I do, scattered all over the globe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies