Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:58 AM

3,080 posts, read 11,047,634 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 AM

2,434 posts, read 6,668,958 times
I'd say no, it wouldn't be the right or proper thing to do.

There's too much racial hatred on all sides to single out Blacks as the 'victim' of choice.

By wearing a noose it would give a de facto pass to all the Black and Hispanic racists in the US.

Besides in my experiences White people are much more open and embracing of other cultures than Black and Hispanics are anyway, and much less racist as well.

It's time we moved pass what we can do for the individual different races in the US and start doing what's best for the country itself.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:17 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,287,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
I don't think so. Go to the library... nobody watching you there. Do some research.
If you don't mind, I would prefer that you explain it to me from your perspective. I find your posts informative and compelling. I'm interested in your point of view.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:22 AM

2,935 posts, read 4,993,763 times
Quote:
Besides in my experiences White people are much more open and embracing of other cultures than Black and Hispanics are anyway, and much less racist as well.
There is a strange irony in this statement. Or maybe "in my experiences" makes it not ironic.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:28 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,287,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I'd say no, it wouldn't be the right or proper thing to do.

There's too much racial hatred on all sides to single out Blacks as the 'victim' of choice.

But blacks have been "singled out" for intimidation by the noose symbol.

By wearing a noose it would give a de facto pass to all the Black and Hispanic racists in the US.

A "pass"? How so?

It's time we moved pass what we can do for the individual different races in the US and start doing what's best for the country itself.
I agree. Participating in a symbolic protest and statement of solidarity by definition unfies us and accomplishes what is best for the country.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:37 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,421,992 times
Quote:
Quote:
Dude, do you even live in America?????

Old 11-01-2007, 02:44 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,352,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post

Dude, do you even live in America?????

Everyone has different perspectives and experiences, ya know.

Try going to Miami and see if it's the "Anglos" who are xenophobic, treating you rudely, and denying you jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies