Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you trust the mainstream media?
Yes, its the truth 9 9.78%
No, it is propaganda 83 90.22%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 12:50 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
You had a few , but they ran as Republicans, Romney and McCain.

That's for sure, I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 12:54 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
and that mistake was what got them beat...that and Palin crashed yet another plane (figuratively speaking ) for Mccain.

Palin was the only conservative among them. McCain lost it when he stopped campaigning and did the bailout. Romney stopped campaigning too, for who knows what reason.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:00 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well if you don't watch FOX you do not know anything about Gosnell. That is enough for me to watch it. You are out of the loop if you watch the other news programs, what does that say?
Okay everybody, GET LOOPY, watch FOX NEWS!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:36 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Can the media be trusted? I guess it depends on ones perspective. If you are an average working person with an income below 10 million, the answer is NO. If you are the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania avenue, the answer is yes.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:00 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
So Fox news isn't mainstream because it's too far right, but all the left-leaning ones are okay? I think you just answered your own question.

I blame the audience for being stupid enough to watch...

Obama questions:

How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?
How does it feel to "win"?
How does your family feel about your "winning" breaking a glass ceiling?
Who will be your VP?
Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?
Will you accept public finance?
What issues is your campaign about?
Will you visit Iraq?
Will you debate McCain at a town hall?
What did you think of your competitor's [Clinton] speech?

Palin questions:

Do you have enough qualifications for the job you're seeking?
Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?
Aren't you conceited to be seeking this high level job?
Questions about foreign policy
-territorial integrity of Georgia
-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO
-NATO treaty
-Iranian nuclear threat
-what to do if Israel attacks Iran
-Al Qaeda motivations
-the Bush Doctrine
-attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan
Is America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]

Archived Blog: Charlie Gibson's interview questions for Obama vs. for Palin

Keep a puke bucket nearby when you read this...

ABC's Gibson Interviews Barack Obama

Old 05-06-2013, 03:18 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,073,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Palin was the only conservative among them. McCain lost it when he stopped campaigning and did the bailout. Romney stopped campaigning too, for who knows what reason.
Palin was no more of a conservative than she is a rocket scientist..she's a wishy washy Neoconthat was and still is a huge embarrassment to true repubs everywhere..she's the type of talking crapstain that is the result of political inbreeding by Reagan and the evangelical crowd...a lying opportunist like the REST of the neocons..they hide behind the republican moniker is all and just like the ultralibs,they should have their OWN party.

And where do you get the idea that Romney "stopped campaigning FOR SOME REASON"..new viral email out and about from a neocon website that Obama bought him off or something? I mean really?

I'm not an Obama fan at all,but I would rather see him or just about anyone else on this planet(or another planet for that matter) as POTUS than trash like Palin.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Palin was no more of a conservative than she is a rocket scientist..she's a wishy washy Neoconthat was and still is a huge embarrassment to true repubs everywhere..she's the type of talking crapstain that is the result of political inbreeding by Reagan and the evangelical crowd...a lying opportunist like the REST of the neocons..they hide behind the republican moniker is all and just like the ultralibs,they should have their OWN party.

And where do you get the idea that Romney "stopped campaigning FOR SOME REASON"..new viral email out and about from a neocon website that Obama bought him off or something? I mean really?

I'm not an Obama fan at all,but I would rather see him or just about anyone else on this planet(or another planet for that matter) as POTUS than trash like Palin.
Quite the kook.
Quote:
“Piper was named after Todd’s airplane, the Piper cub, which gets us to the hunting grounds. Bristol, Bristol Bay fishing grounds. Willow, a local sport-fishing stream. Trig, I pull the TRIG-ger. Track… I remember when we told my dad that his grandson was named Track, he said, ‘Like TRACKing an elephant?‘”
Sarah Palin addresses Safari Club, Says Son was named for Gun Trigger | Veracity Stew

Yeah, I don't know where some people get that "Romoney stopped campaigning" stuff, the torpedo in his boat was his own doing with the "47%" comment.

One would think that the "R" party would at least try to learn "How Not To Shoot Self In Foot", but, as long as they continue doing so, the "D" party might continue winning elections.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:51 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,073,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Quite the kook.

Sarah Palin addresses Safari Club, Says Son was named for Gun Trigger | Veracity Stew

Yeah, I don't know where some people get that "Romoney stopped campaigning" stuff, the torpedo in his boat was his own doing with the "47%" comment.

One would think that the "R" party would at least try to learn "How Not To Shoot Self In Foot", but, as long as they continue doing so, the "D" party might continue winning elections.
It almost seems as if they sabotage themselves..I don't get it and at one time I actually thought they were doing it by design so a D would end up taking the blame for Gdumbya's economy fallout and they would rush in after the fall and run someone worth looking at,but after the group of stooges that they fooled with last election(I mean Newt? Trump Perry?..seriously?} I have came to the conclussion its not by "intelligent design" at all..they are just flat out stupid and the old school conservatives are stuck with these morons for the forseeable future until they either flush their party toilet or form a new one not taken over by the neocons..pretty sad really.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:00 AM

Quote:
It almost seems as if they sabotage themselves..I don't get it and at one time I actually thought they were doing it by design so a D would end up taking the blame for Gdumbya's economy fallout and they would rush in after the fall and run someone worth looking at,but after the group of stooges that they fooled with last election(I mean Newt? Trump Perry?..seriously?} I have came to the conclussion its not by "intelligent design" at all..they are just flat out stupid and the old school conservatives are stuck with these morons for the forseeable future until they either flush their party toilet or form a new one not taken over by the neocons..pretty sad really.
Yes, the Tip O'Neils and Reagans of America have surely vanished.

Tip O'Neill and Reagan and Model for Breaking Partisan Gridlock - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Old 05-06-2013, 04:45 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Most people here consider the mainstream media to be the most fair and balanced source of news and it is to always be trusted. Likewise, alternative media sources many times lean right or left and are considered conspiracy sites. However, there are those on the right that say the mainstream media is not fair towards Obama in that they only report the positive. For purposes of this question, Fox News is NOT the mainstream media any more because they have shifted too far to the right. The mainstream media consists of CNN, CBS, MSNBC, the New York Times, and the like. Do you believe those outlets are trustworthy?
FOX is a perfect example of mainstream media and why MSM cannot be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies