Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you trust the mainstream media?
Yes, its the truth 9 9.78%
No, it is propaganda 83 90.22%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02
Most people here consider the mainstream media to be the most fair and balanced source of news and it is to always be trusted.
The only ones who think this are the sheep of this country! (And the world) (The ones they have in thier control) -- THE OTHERS KNOW MSM (Especially USA MSM) IS NOTHING BUT GARBAGE MEANT TO KEEP PPL UNINFORMED!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
And you still believe in the Easter Bunny too I assume? The FOX apologetics always make me smile with their charming innocence and naivete...Balanced? O'Really
I wouldn't have expected any other response from the Left. Obviously, you don't watch it. I'd like you to provide some "for instances" to prove your point, but I doubt you could. You are just doing what all Leftists do, employing the Alinsky tactics to marginalize, ridicule, etc.

You won't find smarter, more informed reporting on any of the other networks (which is partly why Fox is number one), and of the people on Fox that I pay attention to, they are well educated, many are lawyers (some have been prosecuting attorneys, others defense attorneys). They all speak well, making clear and lucid arguments, and they aren't afraid of criticism. They speak boldly, and they speak truth to power.

But that's why you don't like Fox, because they refuse to be another arm of the state, like all of their competitors, who like you, are nothing more than claque.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:58 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Most people here consider the mainstream media to be the most fair and balanced source of news and it is to always be trusted. Likewise, alternative media sources many times lean right or left and are considered conspiracy sites. However, there are those on the right that say the mainstream media is not fair towards Obama in that they only report the positive. For purposes of this question, Fox News is NOT the mainstream media any more because they have shifted too far to the right. The mainstream media consists of CNN, CBS, MSNBC, the New York Times, and the like. Do you believe those outlets are trustworthy?

I find the poll a little off

In general, is the mainstream media trustworthy:

No - the mainstream media has become what profits and 24x7 news has made it. A focus on entertainment and catering to the views of its customers. A zealousness not to be correct. . .but to be first.

it is not trust worthy, because of items such as the miss-reporting of the Health Care Reform decision. it is not trust worthy because investigative journalism isn't profitable - so they don't really do it. Its not trust worthy because John Stewart, of all people, shows them up daily.

Yet not being trustworthy is far different than propaganda. I have no evidence that the US govt. puts any specific control over the media. Journalists incentives are best served by skewering, finding, and reporting on government and the things government does wrong.

So not - its not propaganda.

Some media is better than others, and some have higher trust.

But you can take your conspiracy theories of govt control elsewhere, thats insanity.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:40 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
For balanced news I go to Fox.com..
For conservative news I go to Breitbart.com
For democRAT news I go to ThugReport.com...
lol...

And for marital advice, I go to Chris Brown.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:58 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Most people represent mainstream culture, so of course they'll trust and buy what the mainstream media tells them. I, representing the normal sect, don't trust either the media or mainstream leaders.

Mainstream really does no good for society.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:58 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
So how exactly is the mainstream media brainwashing us?

Old 05-06-2013, 08:06 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Ha, The media has people thinking that they still have the freedoms Americans in the past had. Though that wasn't that much either.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Did you notice how North Korea seemed to fall of the face of the earth for a week after the Boston bombing happened?

Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 PM

Don't worry guys the Internet is killing the influence mainstream media has. That is why people with power are trying to restrict those freedoms.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:22 PM

"Spin" -- How politicians and the media manipulate you - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies